What were peoples reactions in the cinema when this scene happened?

What were peoples reactions in the cinema when this scene happened?

they all clapped and cheered

who cares, did you see reylo battle the red jedi guards?

Maybe USA, clown. Here, we witnessed and feel inside

the theater was silent when i went, and everyone had really wide eyes with this astonished expression. such a powerful scene that resonated with everyone

American detected

dat violin theme or whatever it is when they are charging

hands down best scene in cinema

Movie?

Thor

one guy at the front stood up and turned to the audience and yelled "DAMN THAT'S A WHOLE LOTTA NIGGAS!"
then we all cheered, clapped and sang, and many capered about in the aisles

el senor de los anillos

One of the best scenes in the trilogy. Brings tears to my eyes.

Boku no Giddy Up

silence

When I watch it now I just notice how goofy/impractical some of the costumes and weapons look

lord of the flies

Nigga I watched it again last week and everything looks fine. In fact, I'm of the opinion now that Eomer has the most baller armour in the trilogy.

I'll tell you what's impractical, Sam Gamgee lugging his damn frypan all the way from the Shire to the foot of Orodruin. The pan tax in mordor must be STEEP

This

Not even the frying pan. Remember when he made the rabbit stew that huge fucking iron cast pot

Where did he fucking keep that? not to mention its a lot of stew so what did they do with the leftovers? there was no tuppaware. granted they got captured by faramir before that happened but what was their master plan?

people clapped at the army of little green ghouls

Especially considering none of the hobbits, especially Sam, seem to have ANY skill hunting game or even the inclination to. I mean there's vegetable stew I guess but what's the point you may as well just chew on the veggies raw.

Letters from Iwo Jima

Of all the criticisms you went with this one? The fuck? This was the only modern film to forge actual armour and weapons and had two guys making chainmail until their fingerprints wore off.

>This was the only modern film to forge actual armour and weapons and had two guys making chainmail until their fingerprints wore off.
This. The Lord of the Rings still holds up after fifteen years because of their efforts.

I'll never forget. I went with my two best friends at the time, and it was at a time when we were all moving away and going our separate ways. We all had tears in our eyes, especially when Theoden yells 'DEATH!" for the second time...not the third, not the first..but the second..that is the one that hits you.

Everyone was dumbstruck...and I'll never forget the packed theater after the credits started to roll...all of us had tears in our eyes. Every grown man who has known what it is to sacrifice...to love...to say goodbye. We all felt it, and we all knew it in that moment.

A great movie, and it will continue to be forever.

blade runner

Most people were confused. They all started immediately questioning how Theoden's army upkeep costs and their ability to keep the army well provisioned on such a fast march from Rohan to Minas Tirith.

Read the books again. Hobbits eat a fuck load of food if you let them. They constantly bitch in Fellowship (the book) about not stopping for their extra meals throughout the day, and Tolkien went out of his way to reinforce the notion that they would eat stupid huge sums of food if you let them. Such as during Bilbo's birthday.

Sam also was a gardener. Being a garderner means having to deal with pests including rabbits. And by deal, I mean fucking kill. I don't doubt for a second that he knew how to find and kill rabbits. Presuming there was dens nearby. Also, in the stories it is sort of alluded too that they would force March like all day for many days in a row and then take a break. The distance is literally too far for the Hobbits to have force marched without any kind of real extended rests.

The only thing that comes into question is the pot, as you point out. Although Sam and Frodo couldn't navigate worth shit, they stuck to regular paths very likely because they didn't have Aragorn's crazy backwoods knowledge of the world. Given that fact, they may have come across a regular stop and the pot was already there.

Haramir could have potentially been camping at that location and knew the Hobbits were coming (something that Aragorn did repeatedly with others) and fucked off until they got comfy.

This is a massive reach, I know, but if I had to come up with an explanation this would be it.

silence because I'm not American

Everyone was quietly enjoying the greatest scene in kino history

why didn't frodo just give the ring to tom bombadil and have him bring the ring to mt doom? no one could stop him

This. Of course I was in a theater with intellectuals such as myself.

Does anyone have a real answer to this?

120 days of Sodom

I don't know because usually in non-American cinemas people quietly enjoy the kino.

nice

Movie hasn't aged a day.

I don't remember, i was high on shrooms.

Cavalry armies are pretty self-sufficient through history, even without a baggage train. The Mongols and other Steppe peoples covered huge distances with bigger armies than the Rohirrim
Bear in mind Tolkien was a soldier, he didn't like writing battle scenes but he knew what he was talking about

Star Wars The Last Jedi