The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Best movie ever straight up A24 classic

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iphigenia_in_Aulis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wtf? Just cause it not star wars you fucken faggot ass virgins wont reply? Lol ill fucken kill you

Name 1 movie A24 has produced that was shit.

Looks really good. Going to see it at some art house theatre by my uni this weekend. How similar is it to the Lobster?

the witch

Weaker than the high points of The Lobster, but still a damn entertaining scary movie.

>Name 1 movie A24 has produced that was shit.
Spring Breakers
Under the Skin
A Most Violent Year
Ex Machina
The Witch
It Comes at Night
A Ghost Story

It was terrifying, had my feeling super anxious on the ride home

Not shit but Free Fire was a little disappointing.

This isnt a A24 thread but the the disaster artist was really good along with this movie

Best movie ive ever seen in my entire life

can someone explain how tf he made the kids sick?

did he have some secret antidote no doctor in the world could come up with??

Was it supposed to be implied he had some powers or some shit and I just missed it?

we were "supposed" to just go along with it because it's A24 and this director is UNCONVENTIONAL. plot doesn't have to make sense when critics are already on your side (see: Darren Aronofsky)

He was a diety

dude just turn your brain off lol

sorry guys, but this was not good.

this movie is irritating on how boring a turn it has story wise.

Okay you guys can leave

I'm baffled that anyone cares about this movie, much less that anyone could consider it the best movie ever and a straight up classic. Sup Forums's embrace of the mediocre as great never fails.

>I'm baffled that anyone cares about this movie, much less that anyone could consider it the best movie ever and a straight up classic. Sup Forums's embrace of the mediocre as great never fails.
sounds like flicks like Deadpool might be more your pace

What a fucken pleb lol get off my thread autist

False dichotomy. I don't watch superhero movies. Though if Lanthimos was the only other option it would be time to start.

So for the last time you’re not even going to attempt to prove anything I said wrong. Gotcha. I’ve been open to argument and opposing opinions this entire time...but they never came. Even now you don’t make a single point other than I’m wrong but you won’t explain how. Sure thing.
Well, the thread is hitting bump limit and I without a doubt won this one, one against what, 10 of you, and you couldn’t take me down? Lol I’ll go to bed happy tonight.
Enjoy your movies, honestly they’re all fine, just read some film theory articles at least. Know why you like what you like.
And most importantly: keep those brains turned off!

You aren't meant to know how he made the kid's sick. It's not about 'turning your brain off' like one of the replies mentioned. It's to make you paranoid just like the characters in the film where you know something bad is happening but you have no idea how.

haven't seen it, if i had to go spoiler free synopsis to the wifeanon how would i describe it?

she did love the Lobster

Nice bait

this is the problem with the public critiquing things. You don't like star wars obviously, other people like star wars. But if someone asked you what you thought was actually good your voice would crack. Literally embarrassed to like something

pleb
turbopleb

as I watched this movie, I thought... I bet some reddit shit will jizz himself over this movie just because it is different.
dear lord, I hate this place.

Didn't like the first half, Farrell's character is so weirdly portrayed that, going into this blind my initial impress was that he was either supposed to be autistic or a child molester (given his weirdly personal relationship with the kid, which isn't explained for quite some time). Still not entirely sure why his entirely family act like a bunch of skinwalkers, but once the curse aspect of it started up, the film became very engaging.

This. They make "kino" for plebians that actually use the term "kino".

watched this tonight with a couple of friends, enjoyed what I saw but had a hard time concentrating because said friends wouldn't stop talking over the movie

>LMAO HE DROPP THE BOY!!!!
>user WHAT KINDA DEMON DO YOU THINK MARTIN IS

ugh, gonna go see it again at my local independent cinema on monday though.

ending was hilarious. collin farrell like "I've made a huge mistake" nasty thot drowning fries in ketchup

Bad A24 movies?

"The Sea of Trees" that awful horror vehicle with the cunt from Game of Thrones set in Japan.

why did they go back to the diner

how does nichole kidman still have such fine ass titties

true

downright the most awkward theater experience I've ever had. To make matters worse I was sitting next to people I didn't know in a small arthouse theater

None of those were shit (Spring Breakers got close though) so :=)

How is the Ballad of Lefty Brown?

Well, she's from Australia, so unlike women from the Northern Hemisphere, her tits aren't dragged down by gravity and time. They're still fantastic because they're allowed to float. That's verifiable science, son!

Wouldst thou like to go fornicate thyself?

are there any more clues as to how Georgie did it?

>was hanging out at the hospital's garage on that one scene and then lied about it early on
>collin ferrel's character lists off oddly specific items to counteract the curse in that kitchen scene
>asks raffey if she's on her period that day but not for sexual reasons

it's a modern retelling of this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iphigenia_in_Aulis
they even reference it in the movie

also, you're not supposed to take this movie seriously. it's a comedy. no, seriously. that's a comedy film.

Imagine being Colin in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Alicia Silverstone , you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he Colin wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Colin and not only sit in that chair while Alicia Silverstone flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she sits with you. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, ALICIA SILVERSTONE LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Ireland. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Colin. You're not going to lose your future acting career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Comedy, yeah right this film was not funny, I didn't kek even once, was too freaked out to lel.

>OPEN THE DOOR OR I WILL SMASH IT DOWN AND I WILL FUCK YOU AND YOUR MOTHER JUST THE WAY YOU WANTED!

come man m8 that movie was hilarious as fuck.

Top kek bro.

Yeah exactly was more freaky and weird than funny.

How about the pure slapstick?

>why does she get to walk to the window? I want to walk to the window. I'm going to walk to the window
>flops directly to the floor

More disturbing than funny seeing a little boy hit the floor like that, this movie made stuff that should have been funny in your typical film seem sinister and disturbing.

I think I may have let out a small lol when Nicole beats off the dude in the car though, more of awkward lol maybe.

Thought I saw the creepy dude in the car park just out of view. What a creepy dude.

The guy had an incredibly odd face as well, like kind of weird and misshapen but striking and charismatic at the same time.

I'm not saying the movie's laugh-a-minute, but there are some scenes that you can't help but laugh at.

And how hard kidman was working on that handjob was pretty ridiculous.

A Ghost Story was utter garbage other than ghost suicide.

I was grossed out and disturbed once the boy started bleeding from his eyes, but then immediately started laughing when his sister screamed "Dad! Bob is dying!!" Then went back to being uncomfortable and sad when his dad was cleaning the blood from his face.

>watching webdls
>not waiting for the bd

Even when the kid fell out of the hospital bed I laughed p hard at that, maybe I have autism.

I'm glad this became pasta. Needs more gummo tbqh.

Spooky child scare dr lobster with his powers.

It is less comedic but otherwise the tone is similar and the acting is very much the same.

Actually that was pretty funny when the sister casually said he was dying.

Wasnt sure how much I enjoyed it at the time, but it's stuck in my head now and making me think about it the day after so that's a good thing.

Tfw you will never get an aggressive hand job from Nicole kidman :(