"Beautifully made" – George Lucas gives his verdict on Star Wars: The Last Jedi

gamesradar.com/beautifully-made-george-lucas-gives-his-verdict-on-star-wars-the-last-jedi/

>The granddaddy of the galaxy far, far away may not be in charge of the franchise anymore, but his verdict still holds weight. Did he like it? Oh yes.

Sup Forums btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Imagine being so cucked
What a fag

I mean it was, the cinematography was quite good especially when compared to TFA's vomit inducing camera angles and snap zooms

the jews planted a bomb in his head

Brainlet, it's not a compliment.

A product can be beautifully made, yet hollow and useless on the inside. Besides, you think The Mouse isn't making him say this at gunpoint? He didnt even go to the premiere.

it had some lucas tier pottery in it so im sure he did like it
If luke falling for the same vision trap that anakin did isnt pottery then i dont know what is

>a rep for George Lucas confirmed that the Star Wars creator had recently watched Star Wars 8 and seems to be extremely pleased with the outcome, calling it “beautifully made.”

It's fucking retarded is what it is. Luke is not Anakin, he rose above temptation of the dark side, unlike his father. For him to sperg out at his nephew for fear that he may turn goes entirely against the ending of RotJ. In fact, the new movies invalidate the entire previous saga, you may as well be watching them fresh since now everything they achieved amounted to nothing.

This is the guy who made the prequels, clearly a senile

I only want Disney to release the unmodified OT in UHD and I'm done with this shit show.

I doubt he's contractually allowed to say anything bad about it

to be fair, i think that was his burden as a Master now.

to be fair, he almost explicitly said TFA was shit

he's still rubbing it in for all the "fans" who trashed his prequels

Imagine being so retarded you think this is a genuine compliment.

It's like when you say a fat ugly chick has a good personality

are you fucking retarded

no this is Sup Forums btfo
youtube.com/watch?v=GFMyMxMYDNk

Lucas didn't even make the OT good, his wife had to fix it for him

where? i want georgie back so bad

This is bullshit pushed by history rewriters and women. It's not true

>beautifully made
So in other words, he says it looks good but the plot is retarded. Got it.

nice revisionism right there

It's true, but not the way they are pushing it.

He loved Big Brother.

No matter what you say and point out as wrong, you are the one who is wrong.

lol Sup Forums when faced with facts. I'm sure you didn't even watch it.

No one actually believes any of this dog and pony show, right?

just in general during the buildup to TFA. Calling Disney "white slavers" and all that.

"a movie had a post-production phase, meaning it was saved in the edit!!!!!"

dumbass it was a pitch! it wasn't the proper movie. fuck this fake news shit going on

What are the issues with the movie people are making such a big stink about? I thought the majority of the movie taking place on the ships was the only real offender. The fact Luke fucked up and he doesn't know what he's doing is the whole point to the plot, and the porgs as much cutsie fan service as it was was at a minimum and not at all crucial to the plot.

Porgs are not "fan service" they are not for fans at all.
And why include them if they have no relavance to the plot?

Rogue One had much better cinematography than both TFA and TLJ. It was a pile of shit.

>Fan service (ファンサービス fan sābisu),
fanservice, or service cut (サービスカット sābisu katto), is material in a work of fiction or in a fictional series which is intentionally added to please the audience.
>cute creatures doing cute things not meant to please the feminine, lighthearted audience
I disagree with that.

Realistically how much did they give George to say this?

>when the only nice thing you can comment on a game is that the graphics are pretty

>Sup Forums btfo
Remember when he sold Star Wars for 4 billion? 2 billion of that was in Disney shares. He will not shit on anything Disney.

>feminine audience
There was my mistake, thinking women had standards.

Hahahaha

get paid you old fuck
i'm not even mad

imagine people hating ep 1 - 3 so much you get death threats. TFA, Rogue One, TLJ. You wanted this and you got it.

Collect that social security and royalty checks. It's been a long road.

Oh yeah, you think normies, especially female normies, are going to look at those things and not instantly love them?
Let me tell you something. I work for Build A Bear, that toy store where kids come to stuff overpriced stuffed animals. Well they do a lot of licensing deals. They've got Marvel, Pokemon, Minions, and Star Wars to exemplify. THE DAY The Last Jedi teaser came out last month, pre-orders opened up for stuffed Porgs, and you could order them from the online store. Had a nerd manager gushing over them and how cute it was. I hadn't even seen the trailer, so she shows me on her phone how it was on screen for 4 seconds and already they have a line of these fuckers out for sale.

Yeah that Build-a-Bear shit costs a fuckton, Jesus.
I don't know why these bitches can't express this level of adoration over actual animals (barring the thousands of catladies I'm sure.) Is it like when neckbeards buy plastic crap instead of talk to real women?

>wanting real women

He's saying it looks good that is all. He had his own vision for the new movies and he without a doubt thinks they're taking this in the wrong direction. They should have been about Luke building a new Jedi Order not 'Kathleen Kennedy's self-insert bleeds her cunt all over Star Wars'

I don't want real women I'm just trying to understand the mindset.

Yeah I hope he pump and dumps that shitcoin, after he sells just shit on it completely and die so they cant sue.

>CGI loving retard likes a retarded CGI fest movie

Whoa, shocking!

The new star wars was a chess move by GL, he got paid and he made the prequels looks genious next to this garbage. He just cucked the world out of billions, id call dog shit beautiful after that.

He called disney white slavers after TFA so obviously they took precautions this time around

STARBROS WHAT DO WE DO?!!!?!??!?!

>Did he like it? Oh yes.

Part of the sale of Star Wars to Disney includes a stipulation that Lucas can't talk shit about any new movies.

All it said was that it looked good. That doesn't mean he thinks the story and characters aren't dogshit.

You sure are faggot

"It's the best Terminator since Terminator 2" - James Cameron after Skydance's cheque cleared

>the cinematography was quite good
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT?
I literally had a headache because I couldn't make up of how all the scenes were put up together, everything happens so fast at all place.

PLOT TWIST:

LUCAS SOLD STAR WARS ON THE ONE CONDITION THAT DISNEY RIP ALL POSSIBLE SOUL FROM IT AND RUN IT INTO THE GROUND IN SPITE OF ALL THOSE WHO TALKED SHIT

I literally don't think this is a joke anymore.

Tell me that George Lucas didn't actually plan all this shit so that everybody claims his shit wasn't bad after all.

>hey disney
>you can have star wars
>but you have to make me look good

>hey George
>here's a buncha money
>ok now fuck off
>going to take over the wrold now thnx

>”Mr. Lucas, you are contractually obligated to give a positive assessment of the new movie. What shall I release as your statement?”
>”Uhh, I liked the effects.”
>GEORGE LUCAS WEIGHS IN: HE LOVES THE LAST JEDI

God damn they go all out when marketing these big movies

George created Luke and Han and Leia.

George created Indiana Jones.

Does George not have the same ability to create new ideas & characters? Somebody needs to kidnap him & hold him at gunpoint until he writes a new classic. OJ's not busy these days. Which one of you rich fucktards is going to pony up and get this done?

TL;DR he said the cinematography was good but that the writing was fucking trash in a different interview

he's obviously being ironic. People who shitted on prequels are now having their heads exploded.

Is this codeword for "not good?"

My friend is a major star wars fan and after seeing it last night, he keeps saying it was "weird" or "a very different star wars film" but never actually said it was good.

He has that same far away look in his eyes when speaking about it, the same look he had when he tries to convince himself other movies are good.

why does this faggot keep going "UGH" or "UGH, okay..." It's not like he's doing it all in one sitting and hates it. The fuck is his problem?

It is really well produced, but holy fuck the writing is so bad that even the kids in the theater were pointing out the plot holes.