Just got done with both seasons after I watched Judas Contract and wanted more teens. I really enjoyed the first season...

Just got done with both seasons after I watched Judas Contract and wanted more teens. I really enjoyed the first season, but I think the second is miles better. I literally can't remember the last time I was actually shocked by a plot twist in a show, so this was a nice change.

Also, Megann worst girl.

Any other animated shows like this? Doesn't have to be capeshit, but I just want some good stuff. I might try Samurai Jack but idk if it's my thing. Heard there ain't really an overarching plot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoCXT-M_VSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is nothing quite like it, sadly. Let`s hope for season 3.

Spectacular Spider-Man is by the same guy (Weisman) who did Young Justice. It's quite good.

Season 3 is confirmed, we just don't know when it is going to come out.

Spectacular Spider-Man is spectacular, no joke. One of the best animated shows I've ever seen.

Gonna check it out. Unrelated note, is thw Ultimate Spiderman comic worth reading? I was avoiding it since so many people wank it off, but idk.

Yeah I get nervous about overselling stuff, but I don't disagree with you either.

Its solid overall. But after Ultimatum you see Bendis slowly descending into a complete hack.

Also, try Gargoyles. Just avoid the third season.

I'll second both of these, and add Avatar: The Last Airbender to the mix.

TMNT 2k3 might be up your alley too, though your mileage may vary depending on what you're looking for.

Finished ATLA back in Jan. I watched a shit ton of TMNT back when I was growing up, but I don;t think I ever finished it.

The first four seasons of 2k3 are all connected, and in my opinion are all solid seasons with some hit-and-miss episodes. Then they started 'mixing it up' in the last three seasons, which is really where the 'your mileage may vary' kicks in.

Season 5 is 'Ninja Tribunal', which brings in more supernatural aspects to the series. I liked the new characters they brought in, and the series for the most part, but the change in direction was jarring.

Season 6 is 'Fast Forward', where the turtles and Splinter get stuck 100 years in the future. The art style changed completely, and the darker edges of the older seasons was almost completely gone, save for a few exceptions. Most fans think of it as the worst season, and I have to say I agree.

Season 7 'Back to the Sewer' came out after the CGI TMNT movie, and they changed Casey and April's looks to suit their movie versions. They return to current day New York, and a bit of the old tone returns, but not completely. There's an arching plot to the season relating to the villain, but it's overall a 'meh' season.

The anniversary movie 'Turtles Forever' was fun for me as a whole, but as a Turtles fan since the 90's that dug all the nostalgia, it's another 'your mileage may vary' thing. Seeing the depths of Shredder's obsession to destroy the turtles was pretty sick though.

>Megann worst girl.
Better not let her catch you thinking that.

I agree, some people hate the time skip. And if you are about continuity I can understand that, some characters age 3-5 years while others don't age at all. But I think the time skip was a really cool and unique thing to do

If you havent watched The Dark Knight Returns Part 1&2 animated movies they are pretty great.

Judas Contract actually really impressed me. 8/10. Definitely the best animated movie DC has made in awhile.

>Judas Contract actually really impressed me
literally how? The only redeeming quality was the Dick Starfire relationship. Most of the voice acting was terrible and the animation was bad. The story suffered in many ways, trying to make Beast Boy and Terra a thing failed so badly. Damien didn't matter at all (at least he got beat up). Raven was just a mary sue. Jamie didn't get enough of a backstory to make his reunion matter at all. Slade being a pedophile.

Dick was the only good thing in that movie. JLD was FAR better.

If you're looking for capeshit with tight continuity, there's also Green Lantern and Beware the Batman. All three of them are victims of the DC Nation cancellation.

I like the third season, it has all the fairies and shakespeare episodes

watch Gargoyles, by the same guy

No that was season 2, it was just really long

not OP but I think I will rewatch this. I was looking for a cartoon to watch/rewatch while at work and it's been a long time since I watched this. About time

Sadly watched those too. Really liked them.

I agree with you, after all the sit DC animation, Judas Contract was a nice change.

There were flaws with it, but it was nowhere near as bad as the movies that came before it. It had a good amount of action, and the story was simple enough, without shitting too much on characters. If you watched properly, Slade wasn't a pedo, he was using her. The only ones I enjoyed before Judas Contract were Gods&Monsters and Assualt on Arkham.

I'll check out Green Lantern, but Batman doesn't look that good to me. I grew up with The Batman and still prefer it to most incarnations tbqh.

Pretty sure most peeps did age, but they made it slightly more subtle. Like Rocket was already in her late teens I think(specially since they have a marriage shower in s2), so she didn't need to age much. Wally I believe got taller even though his facial structure didn't change.

I hadn't seen a timeskip in a series in ages though.

>implying I don't have mental training

Not that user, but is his decent comparable to Moffat's as Shlock's showrunner?

>but Bobbie, you're a vegetable.

You didn't even like Return of the Caped Crusaders?

Voice work is getting done, so I'd give it a year or so.

Batman Beyond is pretty good. Echoing Gargoyles since it's also Greg Weisman's work.

>I really enjoyed the first season, but I think the second is miles better.
Saying this shit unironically. Season 2's plot made no sense.

Why was Aqualad's mission such a big secret even from long time team mates? If it was to act more natural, They tried to kill him.

Why did they fake Artemis's death? She was retired. Even to prove Aqualad's allegiance it seemed unnecessary.

Why was Artemis chosen to go undercover? Other people could have gone and had powers to support the mission:
-Miss martian (shape shifting mind control)
-Jon Jonz(same but better)
-Zatanna (magic plus perception and memory control)
-ANYONE ELSE with super powers
No they sent the Archer girl without her bow and arrows. Why? To setup the predictable ironic ending where she's in constant danger but her BF is the one who "dies".

And what did she do to help? Only 1 thing tell, MM she was undercover and to try to un-mind rape Aqualad. Which she wouldn't have to do, if they didn't keep things a secret.(more on this later)
The rest of the time she spent nearly blowing her cover, until she did. Literally no purpose in the story other than to be in danger and out of her element.

Why was everyone sucking Nightwing's dick? Repeatedly he made horrible decisions and at the end of the series Aqualad says Nightwing should be in charge.

The entire season came off as an OC character wanking. While Artemis and Aqualad are based on characters from the comics. They were re-imagined enough to be consider original.

At least season 1 had a theme. Secrets and lies are bad, the truth is freeing. They immediately forgot that moral for season 2.
What was Season 2's theme? Girls are crazy and will get you killed?

There was no time skip, the story following season 1 continues in the video game which is where season 2 takes off from.

Whats interesting is that its a transmedia story.

Was the game good?

>Even to prove Aqualad's allegiance it seemed unnecessary.

It worked as they wanted, though. They specifically said they were impressed over the fact that he was willing to kill a former teammate.

>Why was Artemis chosen to go undercover?

Because she actually had experience in the supervillain world due to her past.

>Repeatedly he made horrible decisions and at the end of the series Aqualad says Nightwing should be in charge.

You're mixing it up with the early half of season one. Nightwing was tired and gave the title back to Aqualad. He was a shit leader and he knew. He knew this since he they went to the alien invasion simulation in season one and why he was insecure about being a leader in the second Bialya episode.

>While Artemis and Aqualad are based on characters from the comics. They were re-imagined enough to be consider original.

Aqualad was invented for the show. Johns liked the character enough to put him in the comics before the show started.

No. If you want to have some more of the series and have an hour to kill, just watch the cutscenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=CoCXT-M_VSM

>It worked as they wanted, though.
Did it? His team mates tried killing him, MM mind fucked him. If that's the plan, then your 100% correct.

More accurately, it convinced his dad at a horrendous cost to his character and at extreme risk to the mission's success, now that his former team mates are motivated to crush him.

>Because she actually had experience in the supervillain world due to her past.

That's hardly qualifying. If anything it's a problem, She had to fight her dad. Conflict of interest much?

>You're mixing it up
I might be, been awhile.

>Aqualad was invented for the show
Kaldur is black Aqualad. Not exactly screaming originality there. And being the child of a super villain is apparently so common it applies to the 3 members of the team, possible 4 if clones count as children.

Check Out GLTAS, it reminds me of YJ, specially the way it rely on character development

>Why was Aqualad's mission such a big secret even from long time team mates? If it was to act more natural, They tried to kill him.

This was seen as shitty in-universe, which lead to Miss Martian fucking over Kaldur's mind and getting Nightwing on his team's shitlist. Nightwing even admits that what he did was wrong to the team.

And Martial Manhunter couldn't go undercover; he was doing that trial shit in space.

>we could of had an animated Sinestro war and blackest night.

I really hope we get a continuation of this show one day.

You could watch the original Teen Titans.

to be fair, Miss Martian has the best powers to go undercover, but obviously is a crazy bitch who can't be trusted.

Why couldn't they tell the whole team Aqualad was undercover? Well in Season 1 the bad guys managed to clone a member of the team and use ind control to get information from him without anyone knowing. The fewer people they told the more they minimized the risk of a second clone amongst their ranks feeding all the info.

Biggest problem for me BY FAR was Deathstroke being taken out off screen. Jesus christ what were they thinking

Thirding Gargoyles

Peter and Aunt May are the only legitimately good things about Ultimate Spider-man. Gwen too. Everyone else is unlikeable because they are either a psychopath or a massive dickwad. If you can stomatch the world being cruel to Peter (even moreso than 616), then its a good read. If not, its insufferable.

Not op, but I just started watching spectacular spider man tonight on this threads recommendation, and I gotta say I really like it so far. Though there are things I really really want to know. How long before everyone stops hating his guts for his vanishing acts?

>Well in Season 1 the bad guys managed to clone a member of the team
Makes no difference. Anyone could be a clone and apparently you can copy memories to. They capture anyone of the few in the know and its still game over.

But more over that's not even an issue. With characters like Psimon and MM, mind reading is overly simple. The secret could get out easily.
So why not tell MM, who might find out about it?

Look, I get what your saying but the plan was so bad, it was like they never seen an undercover agent flick before (Face-Off comes to mind). The mission objectives were obscure, how Artemis was going to help still eludes me, and there was no plan for extraction.

Too much of season 2 came off as just trying to push Kaldur and Artemis more. But they really aren't that interesting on their own. What made season 1s characterization good was the interactions between the smaller team.

>How long before everyone stops hating his guts for his vanishing acts?
oh poor user.

Gwen and harry hate him forever? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

its worse than that.

seriously look away

THERES NO ENDING.

oh fuck it's one of the ones that got cancelled before the conclusion isn't it? Aslo,
still marathoning at the moment. FUCKING DAMIT HARRY. And as much as I normally support Pete and MJ I gotta say I'm feeling bad for Gwen.

I mean its canon that Gwen had to die for the MJ/Peter OTP to happen. Both characters mature and grow up a lot after she died and eventually become perfect for eachother.

Also OP watch the Timmverse stuff. Batman TAS. Superman TAS. Justice league and justice league unlimited are a worth watch if you want Young Justice type plots. Especially Unlimited's 2 season long project CADMUS arc.

Timfag pls.

> (at least he got beat up).
Damian was tied up..Slade is a coward.

>Slade being a pedophile.
Canon .

Who would know
That this guy…is a freaking PEDO

Well production just started so a year minimum