According to Kaare Andrews, this series is still coming

According to Kaare Andrews, this series is still coming.

Am I the only one looking forward to it? I seem to recall the reaction on Sup Forums to Living Weapon being rather mixed.

>I seem to recall the reaction on Sup Forums to Living Weapon being rather mixed
That's being generous, you shit-eater.

how's this gonna work? Didn't Danny feel like shit whenever Orson used his fist?

It looks as though Danny might be acquiring his chi from a different source in the new Ed Brisson series.

Why were people so pissed about Living Weapon? I still don't get it.

God I hope not

That little girl was annoying as hell

>it's another 'straight white male hero gets a minority kid sidekick' episode

Not muh Immortal Iron Fist

Living Weapon was fucking horrible.

they made danny more unlikeable.

>Am I the only one
The answer to any question beginning with this is always no.

Kill yourself.

If my choice is CRAWLING IN MY SKIN Living Weapon Danny and LOL I'M A RETARD Power Man & Iron Fist Danny, I'll take the former every time.

All New All Different All Progressive female asian Iron Fist when?

Now. It's right there on the cover image.

It was laughably edgy and is almost Bendis-tier dismissive of Iron Fist's continuity and mythos.

Really? It's been a while since I read Immortal but I thought it was pretty faithful to what came before. There were multiple references to Orson Randall, the warp gate and the Iron Fist lineage.

It was certainly very faithful to the Iron Fist origin story. The story pretty much sprang entirely from it.

>implying IIFfags read anything besides IIF
It's just like DnAfags with GotG and Nova. It doesn't matter what came before and what came after. If it's not EXACTLY like that one specific run (the only run they've ever read) then it's garbage and not muh. Full stop.

What's nice about Iron Fist is there isn't a hell of a lot of continuity baggage attached to him. There's the original run with Claremont, Immortal, Living Weapon, and a smattering of nineties miniseries. He's a very easy character to get into.

But yeah, for some reason it seems like most people on Sup Forums only read Immortal and are fiercely protective of that specific run.

I'm looking forward to it, the art was nice and Andrews didn't go down his awful edgy path like Renato Jones or that one Spider-Man story

It seems to me alot of the problem lately, is that he's become somewhat popular again esp with the Netflix show and whatnot and so far every writer has had a diff take on Dannys personality since IIF... theres the andews edgy version, the power man and IF series where he's borderline stoner-like all the time, and now theres that new one by Brisson which seems a bit more back in line but is again diff from the other two series i mentioned...

Editorial just needs to bulletpoint define what kind of personality they want for the character and make the writers adhere to it, even in the loosest sense. Right now its like he's got MPD

If you're looking for Editorial to enforce personalities, you are looking at the wrong company in Marvel.

Good point.

they've gotta turn shit around sometime though right?...right?

Imagine if Marvel dying was around the same time as Stan passing away...holy crap.

>It turns out Marvel was Stan's Phylactery

I'd accept it.

>jobs Davos out to a little kid
>hates danny
>retcons left and right
>ignores how the mark is passed
>kills everybody
>the star wars feel

Nope, not looking forward to it all.

It seems like lately Marvel has been shelving a lot of books before they even get out the door. There's this, that Blade book, Death's Head, etc.

I really liked living weapon, i thought it was fine to have danny brooding for a bit, especially after the end of immortal and what happened with misty.
But it shouldnt continue, Im hoping Brissons run pulls him out of it, and kaares new series is a optimistic danny becoming the thunderer

also, skelton fire fist is visually more badass than just glow yellow or pink fist

Honestly, as much as I dislike Kaare's Evanescence Fist, I do think it's not out there for Danny to be a bit moody, in his very first appearance he is out for revenge and in Marvel Premiere comics he is somewhat Rorschach like in how we never see him without his costume. I know that story simply wasn't about Danny Rand part of Iron Fist, it was a revenge story and kung fu captpitalization and shiet, but revenge in itself is a dark theme and very first theme Iron Fist was introduced to us with.

Stoner Fist should just fucking kill himself, wwhat the fuck is that even, the fuck's Power Man and Iron Fist, how can anyone buy that book and say "looks good" to both writing wise and art wise, it's literally ugly webcomic printed, only thing that sets it apart from Squirrel Girl is that Erica Henderson is literally out of touch with reality.

Blade book at least was Tim Seeley walking away.