Konami plz nerf

Other urls found in this thread:

yugiohcardmaker.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=dDBkjbRApbA
youtube.com/watch?v=DTo7pE5CJn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Effect monsters don't have flavor text, user. Fuck, I haven't played this game in years, why do I still know that?

When you use it with dark night's effect to use 1 commissioner gordon to special summon dark knight from your hand it becomes bullshit

i know there's a normal card that has flavor text that say's it has an effect but i forgot

>What are Gadget monsters
>What is pendulum summoning

>Flip summon.
>Implying.

Im sorry what was that? Pendulum what? I couldn't hear that over the sound of me not wanting to be a virgin for the rest of my life.

>implying browsing Sup Forums on a Saturday isn't worse

it's not like you can't negate that card nowadays

>yfw you realize Yu-Gi-Oh's power creep is so astronomical, most of your old cards are useless.

Also FucKonami

MST doesn't negate.

What is with this Batman raping the Joker meme?

Is there a better example of "We have no idea what to do with this" than Yu-Gi-Oh?

I feel like since day one Konami has had no fucking clue how this game was going to work.

Of course it doesn't negate, this isn't middle school

What do you guys think about Konami nerfing all Extra Deck spam with the new Link rules?

it's their way of "slowing down the game"

I would probably like it better if it was to actually balance extra deck spam and not just a way to force people to buy Links which will be just as bad.

No matter what happens, Joker always prevails, because Batman is afraid to do the one thing that would stop him for good. Gordon is a cop, but even he knows that sometimes you gotta bend the rules to keep the city safe, and so it was his idea to rape the Joker. Batman doesn't agree

Implying its bad at all.

It ya'll want to make your own Sup Forums cards use this generator

yugiohcardmaker.net/

>Batman's effect says he can't destroy the Joker.

Jesus Christ.

Eh, some old cards were op as fuck, though. Like black hole and heart change.

what is stardust dragon?

There's plenty of Pendulum monsters that are just normal monsters with Pendulum effects.

Killed my interest in the game.

Shit?

That its about damn time. Makes me actually wanna play it again.

Shut up, Mokuba.

Yes good goy, buy those Link cards so you can REALLY show it to those Synchro spammers.

Bulbasaur!

>buying cards

Who'd be stupid enough to do that instead of just getting the latest video game or using YGOPro?

Personally i like buying cards.

People with friends
People who go to shops and play in tournaments

Oh.

Okay, except for them.

i was fine till they errata sangan
garbage game

Ever since pendulums, i've been wanting to make a normal pendulum revolving around heart of the underdog and based off duel generation starter deck

Better hurry and get to that before the new Link Summon rulings murder pendulum for good.

meh, i can deal with pendulums being in the spell/trap zone, what will really be a pain is summoning from the extra deck

hey what's going on over here?

and yet you still are one. should have prioritized having fun, would have served you better.

So yu go oh is considered Sup Forums related then?

No, why would you even think that?

For some reason, the "rape Joker" meme is the only one that will never not be funny to me.

Are you being sarcastic?

So what yugioh card art you anons don't like?
this clown looks like he's going to finger himself

Links fucked everything except Links. Links are like Synchros, they just masturbate in unbreakable boards.

Can someone explain this link thing please? I left the game when Qliphorts were just introduced

youtube.com/watch?v=dDBkjbRApbA

We lost both Pendelum Zones, they're now integrated with the leftmost and rightmost Spell/Trap Zones

We gained the Extra Monster Zone, which is the only place where you can place a monster you summon from the Extra Deck without it being a Linked Zone.

Link Monsters create Linked Zones depending on where their arrows are pointing. Other than the Extra Monster Zone, Linked Zones are the only place you can summon Extra Deck monsters like Fusions, Synchros, XYZ, or Pendulum monsters that are a combination of the previous.

This guy explains it pretty well: youtube.com/watch?v=DTo7pE5CJn0

Also, Link Monsters are Extra Deck monsters. you summon them by tributing Effect Monsters. Tributing other Link Monsters can allow you to lessen the needed monsters depending on their link number where their defense points should be.

>"Powerful Creature"
>Normal Monster
>1500 ATK
God, I love old Yugioh sometimes.

what the fuck have they done to yugioh cards.

fuck I didnt even know anybody who played ritual monsters and fusions were rare.

and i moved a lot and knew many yugioh scene s on the playground

Hey dude, fellow old timer here, sometimes, you just gotta go with the flow. The game has change a lot since the playground days.

are you kidding me I had games last hours as a kid

the advanced versions of this card are ridiculous

SCHOOTING FUCKING QUASCHAR DRAGON

Collecting cards and opening packs was half the fun

holy shit what the fuck is going on I dropped off after synchros

aw man the best decks would have tons of monsters like that and a shit ton of equips.

sacrifice? pssh for what? I aint got time for that

Wouldn't Robin be Air?

Same dude here, I kind do love equip cards, made a whole warrior deck based around them with some Synchros monsters thrown in.

>he fuck is going on I dropped off after synchros
The game changes to breath new life in it, it will have it's growing pains, I remember when synchros came out, my first one was a Stardust Dragon in the first pack I opened... in Japanese... FUCK.

>what the fuck is going on I dropped off after synchros

It got better.

Fusion got a lot of support

Synchro: Need a Tuner monster + more so the total level equals the monster you're trying to summon

XYZ (Exceed): Need to tribute X amount of monsters that have the same level as the monster you're trying to tribute. Those monster will then be used as "material" for the XYZ monster's effect. Once the effect is used, discard one of the material monsters.

Pendulum: Can be used as Spell or Monster Cards. Once you have Pendelum monsters in both your pendulum, you can Pendulum Summon AS MANY PENDULUM MONSTERS IN YOUR HAND OR EXTRA DECK as long as their rank is between the two numbers of the monsters in your pendulum zone.

I think you meant "Overlay" aka stacking the monsters used for the Xyz summon and then putting the Xyz monster on top of that stack.

And instead of rank it's levels for the Pendulum summoning. Not trying to be rude, just wanted to make sure that anyone new would have the correct terms.
>Using Zarc's anime version instead of the normal fusion one.
You fool....

Never really got that about old fusion monsters, you would think that they would "fuse" the attack and defense of the monsters needed to summon it. Taking Musician King for example, he would have 2200 ATK and 2000 DEF. But I'm only talking about the old Fusions.

I remember yu-gi-oh. Got out before synchro monsters became a thing.

Been wanting to get back into it, but I have absolutely no idea where to start with all the new types of cards now a days to make a deck that isn't shit.

At 2300 Gaia would've been considered a beatstick back then
I'm surprised the guy is popular enough to get so many counterparts to this day.

I'm not really a competitive player but what I can say that just building something you like and playing with friends is great, try to see of there is something related to yugioh going on in your area. Back to deck building, I made a Normal Monster based one and a Warrior Equip with Synchros one as well. Just have fun with it.
>But I will warn you, some cards are a hard pull out of the packs and they can be pretty pricey online.

Wait until Links are out.

Or just wait for a new game that has an up to date card list.

>Got excited to add the new Gaia to my warrior deck
>New Gaia isn't a warrior
Fuck.
Also, the reason why is that he's one of Yugi's signature monsters back when the series first stated, just look at his ace, Dark Magician, so many cards.

Just get into Magic the gathering.

It's obvious that's what yugioh is trying to evolve into. Might as well skip to the end.

xyz shit sounds like it completely defeats the purpose of ritual monsters

and pendulum just sounds like more complicated effect monsters. which some of which were considered spells and monsters.

>11 Gaia monsters
>18 if you count Black Luster Soldier

Poor Ritual monsters, for the series that gave love to all of the Summoning method, Rituals were only used by two people in ARC-V, some psychic gal for season 1 and Alexis (who only won against mook characters then got blasted by Yuri).

I think what makes Rituals not as popular is that to summon them, you have to 1) Have the Ritual spell card to summon them 2) Tribute monsters on the field who's level can meet the requirement listed on the spell and 3) Have that Ritual monster in the hand as well to summon it. If the Ritual spells let me summon that Ritual monster from my hand OR deck, I would totally make a deck based around them.

Just think of them as Effect monsters with a limited number of uses for some effects are are immune to cards that mention level since they have ranks.
Pendulum monsters can be a monster or a spell card, not both at the same time.

You gotta admit, all of the designs for the Gaia monsters are great.

>Alexis

Mmmmmmm...Asuka...

The material for Ritual monsters don't have to be on the field, and the fact they don't need to be in a Linked Zone will make them more attractive once the new rules hit the TCG

Sorry mate, GX was on the mind.
>Never got that last season
>Had to finish it with subs
>Watched all of 5Ds in subs just in case they pulled that shit again
>They did
Bullet dodged.

Right, my mistake, still I wish we could summon them from the deck with their Ritual spell cards, do you know what it's like to have Black Luster Ritual in the first hand and try to draw the dam monster?

Its fine. Asuka (or Alexis, if you want) is a babe. Her and Rei (Blair).

Those two and Aki are the trinity of sexy YGO babes.

Although frankly, after the Dark Signer arc 5Ds went to shit. Theres a valid reason, but it still did.

>playing the TCG back in the day
>friends always had 3 MSTs in their deck even though it's semi-limited (2)
>they pop those fuckers off from the field during matches and claim they disable card effects too
>"No user, Mirror Force doesn't activate because MST destroys it!"

Kids are such shitters.

Those reasons kind of rub me the wrong way, I get why the voice actress was fired but it didn't mean the whole show had to change itself, it's always been about dark magic and stuff. And the changes made to Crow? Just Konami being greedy, they could have kept making Blackwings even after Crow became evil.

I'll be honest here, me and my friends played like that as well, we just assumed that when we MST any card the effect wouldn't activate either. Chalk it up to us being lazy
>But playing like this did save my ass from time to time.

>those kids who played matches with Duelist Kingdom rules (normal summoning 5+ stars w/o tributes)

Did they attack the moon?

Ok now we never did that, actually had a new kid in our group who tried that, told him that's cheating
>mfw his deck had very little level fours and lower and was bursting with fives and higher

My brother used to try to summon three level 7 monsters in one turn.

I made him sit down and read the rule book every time he broke the rules.

They can now.

Well I'll be damned.

Alright, summoning a higher level monster without tributing I can understand. But summoning three monsters at once? Get that shit outta here.

No but one did play trap cards directly from his hand

Great in a rock defense deck, have your rock monsters face down, make your open attack your 2k or more walls, they take damage from it and because their positions were change, you get to knock out a Spell/Trap as well.

>Rock-type
>Golem in art is metal

Unless they were running this guy, that's a no go.

All sorts of crazy/weird cards are in the game these days.

Sorry user, he's a rock.

Ban this generate filth.

>that kid that would style his deck theme after Kaiba's, back when there was hardly no support for BEWD
>that kid that would style his deck theme after Bakura's when the Labyrinth of Nightmare set came out, with no structure around their Destiny Board setup
>that kid that tried to use a Toon Deck back before it had more than 5 cards

Im only 18 so im good, you can be virgin for life yourself.

We all knew that type of kid, we call them "trade bait".