It's a "I have an idea for a cartoon but don't have the connections or resources to pitch it" thread

It's a "I have an idea for a cartoon but don't have the connections or resources to pitch it" thread.

this is only true in the kids illustration business because of the "artist unions" .

I've never heard of them. What problems do they cause?

you dont work with them if you dont suck up to other writers or artist who have a job.

From the sound of things, they're only interested in protecting artists who are already privileged. If they really cared about artists, they would be helping unemployed artists find a job.

I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.

Horror comedy about a devil kid who tries to be kind and sympathetic despite his inherent sadistic tendencies.

sounds like my kind of fetish, good luck with your idea

Slapstick and satire comedy about a guy who gets a new job every episode. He has a violent neighbor comic relief too for whenever the writers want to break the formula.

Wait 20 years (our culture will degrade itself by then)

Peter Plantain-Eater: A Plantain-Eater (Google it) tries to spread awareness of his species

Ace Combat westernime

My idea is the asylum one I posted in a couple threads like these.

My idea's got two secret agents ones this super professional british fag and the others a crazy improvising russian with guns on his guns.

So basically cold war samurai jack & the scotsman solve international crimes n shit. Add EXTRA THICC double agent lady if u want idk

Create a pilot or a story reel to gain interest.

Or are you "an ~÷*ideas*÷~ guy"?

Even if you have a popular YouTube series and an extensive series bible, you can't just walk into a studio and pitch. It requires connections to arrange.

Mine's has a plot about a warehouse. An endless one. (And the outsides of the normal world and shit).
Not going to talk about any details, but I can guarantee that the plot doesn't resemble Infinity Train's story. I actually had the idea before IT's pilot (and it kind of pisses me off), and the style of the show doesn't feel like anything related to the thing.

I worry too much about it and that's a sign that I need to pitch more ideas and plot-points to make it seem as original as possible.

I swear if one day it becomes a real thing I'll come here and make a fucking post for people to suggest ideas for an episode or something.

Lmao Nickelodeon saw Breadwinners's pilot on YouTube and made it an actual show. Talk about connections.

7 people with superpowers protect their town from a cult

two of them are gay

Idea guys don't deserve success.

So Warehouse 13

So make it yourself?
It's easier now than ever before.

Not at fucking all.

A show advertised as a Three Episode mini series. But acts as a facade to a show about the Mandela Effect.
The first episode premiers, but over time begins having subtle changes, then bigger ones over the span of what'd be a season, till it's just an entirely different episode. Episode II.

>why won't industry people help me put muh disgusting subhuman fetishes on display for pre-pubescent children
Why is Sup Forumsmblr so fucking disgusting?

The creator of Breadwinners already worked in the industry beforehand. I'm pretty certain that qualifies as having connections.

Mine is a comedy/sci-fi/slice of life about a family who run a caravan on some backwater desert planet. They would drive around in a huge supply truck around a world which is a mix of Mexico, desert punk, old L.A. car culture, and 70-80s pulp sci-fi. It would be be reminiscent of every family road trip and rural life and be sort of a softer/comfier take on the "Desert Punk" sub genre.

It would be sort of like Mad Max/Dune meets the Loud House/Malcolm In the Middle (yes I've seen that image set, this idea came before that but that artist is pretty spot on in terms of feel)

I could go into more detail if you want.

Use kickstarter, raise $1,000,000 and just hire some randoms off the internet to do the rest.

>the plot doesn't resemble Infinity Train's story. I actually had the idea before IT's pilot
I feel you. My biggest fear is that Craig of the Creek will be too similar to my idea. Although not the same, my idea focuses what the world would be like if it was based on the imaginations of the child protagonists. Not only that, but some aspects of the writing style is inspired by Steven Universe, which CotG is very derivative of. (That being said, the art style I have in mind for my show is NOTHING like CotG)

Even if you have more than an "idea", you still need connections to actually pitch it.

>ideas guy
literally trash of the worst kind

I didn't meant to quote , I was about to write a seperate reply but forgot I was still waiting for the timer to run out.

The Greatest Jailbreak Ever Told

The story starts with Jesus, on the cross, being stabbed by the Spear of Destiny, bleeding and dying, dragged to the pits of Hell by demons, Satan triumphant as the God-part is now in Hell.

Only now, Jesus opens his eyes, as this was just step one of the plan. The sins of man are now paid for in sacrifice, but the world in accordance with the Bible is falling apart. God himself is in the place of damnation, earthquakes, dead rising, all sorts of shit is going down.

So Jesus is racing against the clock with but the loincloth and the few tools he hid with him. Bobby pins in the crown of thorns, a map of hell stolen from the Pharisees implanted by the spear.

Jesus has days to bust out of Hell and take the virtuous unsaved with him, or the world's gonna crumble. He fights the pigs he cursed with Legion, the fig tree he rebuked now an evil bramble of revenge, rustles up demonic bars and gets in swordfights with demons. Basically think every action movie cliche mixed in with Jesus getting the hell out of Hell. And dramatic music with latin or aramaic chanting that win translated is a literal play by play of what's going on in the movie.

A YouTube series won't have cultural impact, and won't be remembered in 20 years.

My idea is for a gender-swapped Steven Universe that revolves around a bunch of male characters doing gay stuff. I fear that someone else will make it before me.

Neither will a TV series.
You're seriously deluded if you think this is still the 90s.

Listen to me you worthless chickenshit "artist". You will NEVER get anywhere in this industry with that millennial attitude, do you understand? I make MILLIONS of dollars in a MALE-DOMINATED INDUSTRY. You are the dirt on my shoe you manchild. I don't even care about your fucking warehouse whateverthefuck show you seem to love so much you dare swear at the executive who takes valuable time out of her schedule to listen to your shit pitch, the hand that fucking feeds you. Your career is a dumpster fire from now on, not even the neanderthals at nickelodeon would tolerate garbage like you. Get the fuck out of my office. NEXT.

Jokes on you.
I don't even classify myself as an artist.

No pitching-related discussion on Sup Forums would be complete without someone coming in and pretending to work for a network.

A TV episode can get more than a million US viewers on its first airing. A YouTube video is lucky to get a million total worldwide views, and that's counting people who watched more than once.

boomp

A group of three criminals from the Past, Present, and Future set off through time to steal historical artifacts. A government Agency from the future follows them and try to stop them from destroying the universe with their kleptomania.
Think Ed, Edd, n Eddy meets Time Squad.

Action Comedy about two aliens that are constantly being chased by two space cops. They eventually get (indirectly and not by their choice) involved in a revolution to overthrow a government

I've seen a ton of people say what says about animation unions but none of them have ever given any specific instance of this happening. So it's pretty safe to dismiss it as whining by anti-union asses who need a reason why it's someone else's fault they'll never achieve their dreams.

>It requires connections to arrange.
Welp better give up then. Getting connections is hard so you might as well not try.

Working on autistic pilot.

1980's satanic panic. Unpopular awkward girl tries to be cool and plays with an ouija board. Summons a stoner demoness. Hijinks ensue.