What do you people want?

>TFA is too similar to originals

WAAAAAA ME WANT DIFFERENT

>TLJ is original and and subverts all expectations

WAAAAAAA NOT MY STAR WARS

I wanted a movie that felt like a Star Wars movie at the end. TFA for all its flaws did that, TLJ failed horribly.

TFA > TLJ

I didn't like TLJ, but you're right. The Star Wars fanbase is one of the most cancerous in existence, if you don't count video game fandoms..

Yes because we wanted something different shit thats obviously what we wanted.

They wanted them to take risks not be as safe and generic as humanly possible

It's really not THAT hard

OP's post is a false dichotomy but really the aesthetic of star wars has been studied for years as a major cultural phenomena, and the first three movies were created in a team effort of extremely competent editors from Lucas' original shitty, shitty cuts from 1977 and on

I want original films that tell thought provoking stories with interesting characters that develop organically.

Note that you don't need a franchise to do this

>TLJ is original

Are you fucking retarded? Is your IQ 50? Serious questions.

Everything but horrible Finn quest was scenes stolen form ESB and ROTJ.

This is not the first time I have seen this quote. You the same one posting those anti pol images again and again?

Wow its like two basic premises can both be executed horribly

I don't get why it's so hard to do basic things like:
Think about characters' motivations
Create an atmosphere which is clearly star wars in aesthetic, but just shows new things within it
And almost 'importantliest', why the hell can't we just have good character arcs?
^Maybe they're building these but I doubt it
Honestly it would help if they didn't end their movies like they were just a single many-part movie, giving cliffhangers to everything

A struggling rebel alliance trying to keep the pieces togother as the remants of the empire push back. Luke reforms the order and looks for ways to assist the alliance.

My biggest issue besides the non-stop marvel jokes was that I felt the movie had ten fucking climaxes. There were so many scenes that I though would be the finale only for the movie to keep going.

I was tired by the end.

can someone tell me what it was?

What, I suspect, most people want is a director with a vision and autonomy from Disney Corporate to create their vision. Star Wars is meant to be special, not a yearly release that barely ticks the boxes for bare minimum. But Disney execs could only see dollar signs. As soon as Corporate types get their greedy little fucking mittens on something you know it's fucked because corporate types are soulless husks of creatures barely passing for human.

Rogue One did it just fine. No reason the trilogy had to be such shit.

desu i wouldnt give a fuck and do the same if i was rich and guaranteed to make tons of money off making the most contrived derivative crap possible

I WANT TO COMPLAIN

I wanted them to not shit on Luke.

probably Luke shrugging off all that blaster fire, but honestly whatever.

HOW TO MAKE A STAR WARS TRILOGY

1. GO READ JOSEPH CAMPBELLS WORK
THAT'S YOUR GUIDELINES. YOU USE THIS FOR ALL YOUR OUTLINES. YOU DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW IT TO A T ONCE YOU'RE OUT OF THE OUTLINE PHASE, BUT YOU NEED IT FOR YOUR OUTLINES

2. PICK A MYTH/EPIC/HERO TO USE AS YOUR BASE. HERCULES, THE PANDAVAS, SIEGFRIED, MOMOTAROS AND USE THEIR LEGENDS AND STORY AS YOUR FRAMEWORKS TO TAKE ELEMENTS FOR YOUR OUTLINE

3. WORK BACKWARDS. YOU START FROM WHERE THE MOVIE IS GOING TO END AND YOU FIGURE OUT HOW YOU GOT TO THAT ENDING. YOU FIGURE OUT REASONS THAT CONNECT

I feel like it's the hyperdrive attack

RESPECT.

THE.

IP.

RESPECT.

THE.

FANBASE.

RESPECT.

WESTERN.

CULTURE.

CUNT.

Bro, it's not that hard.

Here's what we wanted:
>based, powerful Luke Skywalker who has totally mastered the force
>snoke backstory on how he evaded the Empire
>training of rey and kylo by their respective masters
>snoke vs luke

>TLJ is original

There is dialog and entire sequences ripped from ESB and RTOJ

t. Gamers r Dead!! Star Wars fans r Dead!!

No. You and yours just can't create communities that anyone wants to join. Only invade pre-existing ones and fuck them up, like parasites.

Luke drinking green tiddy milk

Look out at space! Is it a porg? is it a x-wing? No it's SuperLeia!

I regret not giving JJ this movie

WAAAAAH IT SUBVERTS EXPECTATIONS IN A SHIT WAY WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS HAPPY

They were both fucking horrible; these cunts can't fucking write.

>What do you people want?
A good movie

I thought Rougue One was really good. It was everything you'd expect in star wars yet was it's own story. It also worked well with the lore without just rehashing the same storylines.

but i liked TFA and TLJ was trash so

>trying to please fans
The ultimate mistake.

>Star Wars is meant to be special
No, Star Wars was always meant to sell merchandise.

Looks like that cheeky brat couldn't win against the cock.

Luke getting sleepy and dying after holograming

this post just screams reddit

This movie did everything it could possibly do to displease fans.

>but zey dint mid rimike zis time mst be gud

How retarded are you?
Make something different doesn't automatically make it good. They used soft reboot formula on TFA and that just annoyed me. They did a shitty writing in TLJ and that annoys me too.