Last Jedi Ass pull moments

Regarding the resistence's cruise ship plotline

If any large cruiser can cripple an entire fleet with kamikaze light speed runs, congrats resistance you just won the war. In b4 cruisers are expensive, oh gee cost of 1 cruiser=crippling an entire enemy fleet seems like a great trade off. "

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D0YBSe1jHvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you could crash shit at speedlight you wouldnt even need a cruiser or a ship at all

and people honestly thought that the R1 scene with the disabled ship was worse?

HA!

just shoot missiles at lightspeed and they will blow up like little nukes

The faster you go the more mass you gain. Anything that isn't a photon that reached the speed of light would literally have infinite mass, you could shoot a single proton and annihilate a ship. Its fucking bullshit anyways because hyperspace has canonically been established to be another dimension with massive objects in real space still being dangerous obstacles and not carefully calculated jumps can send you to fuck knows where.

Its official one fleet destroying kamikaze ship is now shittier then force bacteria (medicolorians)

Hey, remember Vader's ship in R1?

Great way to contradict your previous fucking movie Disney.

>Put X-Wing on autopilot
>Enter hyperspace towards the Death Star
>Run into it at 1000000+ c
>Blow up the Death Star and the solar system around it

>Pullin a George.

POTTERY

>small ships would be ineffective because shields or some shit
>if kamikaze freighters became a standard tactic all you'd have to do is not bunch up in tight formation and then they could only trade ship for ship at best

>galaxy is in chaos because her dick son fell to the Dark Side
>they need a Jedi to stop the bad guys
>mentioned to have the same potential as Luke
>never even tries to get trained
>chooses to waste time and resources tracking Luke instead
>sends some literally who garbage girl to get trained as the next saviour of the galaxy
>TLJ reveals she can actually use the Force pretty well but literally only does it when her own life is at risk
>still doesn't even try to improve her use of the Force after this
Is Leia the true villain of this trilogy?

It was a Capital ship and the resistance only had 1. The entire resistance fleet is gone and they have no other forces. It's just the heroes and like a few token troopers that boarded the falcon in the end. The FO are financed by the rich elite people and have the resources and military. They already won the war.

how accurate is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=D0YBSe1jHvo

>why didn't the rebels waste extremely expensive and useful capital ships in kamikaze attacks before?
Are you people fucking retarded? Like, among the many plotholes in the movie you chose the one that can be half-assedly explained.

>It was a Capital ship and the resistance only had 1.

What the fuck is happening to this universe?

>financed
Not to put too fine a point on it, but governments don't have to finance anything. It's not the rich elites who build ships and bombs in wartime, it's the currency-issuing power of governments. The point being, isn't there supposed to be a New Republic?

They didn't support the Resistance because reasons and by TLJ it was apparently dead.

they were blown up remember?

A few planets were blown up, planets that would have sheared each other apart based on how close they were to each other. But this is like saying, if Washington DC were blown up, well I guess that's it for America.

>Its fucking bullshit anyways because hyperspace has canonically been established to be another dimension
This is still true. Ships accelerate really fast during the jump to hypersapce but this happens over a very short distance where they are still in our dimension. Once in hyperspace only gravity wells exist from planets and stars. Space rocks, dust, and even other spaceships don't even exist in that dimension so you pass though harmlessly.

There would only be a limited "sweet spot" range where a high speed collision was possible when jumping into or dropping out of hyperspace. You need to hit peak sublight collision speed before fully exiting this dimension and entering hyperspace.

And, I know this has already been beaten to death, but how does JJ not understand that it would take years-to-millennia for a laser fired from one star system to make it to another? Or that a laser would decohere over interstellar distances? Or basically anything at all about space?

I am retarded
What happened with Vader's ship in RO?

It comes straight out of lightspeed and rams some smaller ship I think.

If the tumblrina captain was planning on going down with her ship anyway and thought the transports were safe, why didn't she just ram Snoke's ship in the first place?

End of the movie when the rebel fleet is jumping away Vader's ship jumps in and one of the cruisers collides with it, doing no damage to the star destroyer. I just watched that scene though to check and the cruiser hadn't started the jump yet, so it doesn't really contradict this.

I always assumed it was some bullshit like firing the giant lasers through hyperspace.

Also it seems to me the bigger contradiction happens in the same fucking movie barely 10 minutes apart, because when that blockade runner rams the star destroyer to push it everyone on the bridge pretty much falls on their asses, meanwhile the cruiser smashes into an identical ship and gets swatted like a fly.

The full plan was to have the transports use their cloaks to make it undetected to the planet. In that scenario the first order would think they destroyed the rebels after they destroyed the cruiser (once it ran out of fuel in 6 or whatever hours). A suicide run would be risky since they may question it and search the planet to be safe.

According to the force awakens novel the superweapon in force awakens was not a laser, it was a hyperspace tunneling weapon. As it moved through hyperspace it distorted space in "our" dimension and was visible in any system it passed through , but this was actually just a rip in reality.

Muh cinematography. Same shit happens in Trek '09 when Spock watches Vulkan get destroyed from a planet in another system, when it looks close enough to be a moon.

Why do all the new star wars movies only have a dozen or so ships on the screen at any given time? No huge fleets. No huge amounts of fighters. The capital ships dont even shoot very much. This is true for EP VII R1 and EP VIII. It drives me fucking crazy. There should be fleets duking it out!

In VIII, 3 fucking fighters fuck up the rebel capital ship. WHY THE FUCK DONT THEY SEND THE REST OF THEIR FIGHTERS IN?! Instead we have this BULLSHIT plot where these ships are invincible until they run out of fuel. But somehow ships can come to and fro from them?! If ships can leave and come back, why the fuck cant the empire have other capital ships/fighters intercept the rebel "fleet"?!

Additionally, this movie couldnt even take itself seriously. BB8 driving an AT-ST?! Are you fuckin serious?

R1 was a huge disaster for the first 45 minutes and it looks like a fucking masterpiece compared to this shit-heap.

I thought a bigger plot hole was that snoke's ship didnt just send out a billion TIE's to blow that shit up

> fucks fans at conventions for coke

She‘s the hero Sup Forums deserves

Oh, and as other anons mentioned, hyperspace craft = ultimate weapon, breaks the entire fucking logic of the universe. I also could accept that shields were the reason no one weaponized meteors by equipping them with hyperdrives. But apparently no one has ever thought of this before... somehow?!

>mack n mesh still exists

wtf

Look at the lenghts that heroic writer went to fix JJ bullshit

No no, 3 fighters took out their bridge... better real that shit back in... so we can chase them... for a long time... for no reason.

Also, lets not send any of our ships to jump in front of them... for reasons.

TLJ was KINO only racist blumpkins butthurt about white people being shitty in it disliked it.

JUST POST THE FUCKING SCENE ALREADY

haha this is funny as fuck you faggot

Did Carrie really do this?

butthurt poltard detected. go back to your echochamber.

>tfw asian
Yeah the film was just poorly written nothing to do with politics

asians get the bullet too, you fucking rice fuck

I said it was funny or can you not read properly you big dick taking bitch

Yes read her biography

If you hate a guy and you owned a nice mercedes (rebel ship) but he owned a top of the line lambo (draughtnaught or snoke's ship) and you decide to ram into his car and destory both. Yeah both of you are out of cars but who lost out more?

off topic but what was the point of the two tatooine suns when luke died? was that a reference to the Journal of the Whills. or does that planet literally have 2 suns

Me because I know the dude has an entire fleet of cool cars while I only have like four of them.
Losing one capital ship to destroy the First Order's HQ was a good decisions but if the Resistance went around destroying their capital ships every time they face some star destroyer then they would get fucked pretty soon. Using said capital ships for battle is an obviously clever strategy.
Since you want to make allegories, that's like asking why didn't people just fill their ships with explosives and crashed them against the enemy back when naval warfare was a thing.

I thought it was just Luke seeing a familiar sight before dying and also pottery.

>an actual terrorist organization, the rebellion, constantly on the run from the empire, can field a larger fleet than the resistance that operated largely freely during the existance of the new republic

Why don't they have missiles that accelerate to hyperspeed as soon as they're launched

>Carrie Fisher dies IRL
>Leia lives
>Mark Hamill is alive IRL
>Luke dies
nigga wtf

>y-you can't say right-wing things
>now go back to your echo chamber

not how it works faggot

>when Sup Forums trolls Sup Forums

Hamill thinks the new trilogy is fucking retarded and probably glad to be done with them.

It clearly didnt though.
It looked bad but it didnt stop the first order from landing an army on that planet at all.

Fuck you, that's why.

Just don't think about it bro. Switch off your brain bro. It's just a movie bro.

Ok.

THIS IS SO FUCKING DUMB RIAN WTF WERE YOU THINKING

this is rapidly approaching batman vs superman levels of KINO

How was Phasma even able to get off of starkiller base?
of all the unresolved shit in this movie this is what bothers me the most.
yes I'm aware she has her own book.

If one cruiser going lightspeed can destroy that much, then why don't they just make missiles that are as big as cruiser but don't have to be piloted that go light speed and just destroy any ship?

>nuCaptain doesn't tell Poe what she's planning
>Because she doesn't tell him, Poe goes behind her back to get Finn to find code cracker
>Because she doesn't tell him, Finn gets caught, and code cracker sells their plans to First Order so they know all about it
>Waits until half the rebel ships are blown up before remembering 'I can turn this ship into a super-bullet'

How are these people survive till now?! Why is everyone in this film so fucking stupid?!

the star destroyer's shields were intact
the rebel cruiser had no shields left basically.

How does that explain Snoke's ship which should have shields comparable to a super star destroyer?

Except BvS actually has superior cinematography and fight choreography.

Lol you guys are soo sad the movie was amazing stop taking everything so seriously

I bet we'll never see it done again.

I don't know of any shields that can hold from a hyperspace launched projectile

So Darth Vader was literally staring down a loaded barrel crashing into a transport seconds away from jumping?

that plot went on for far far far too long

The star destroyer technically wasn't in hyperspace when it collided, its shields could hold i dunno man
disney fucked up

Best scene in the movie tbqh

WE WUZ DEATH STAR

HELLA FUCKIN EPIC

Why build a death star? Just chuck cruiser sized rocks at hyperspeed.

It's wierd. They had a chance to kill off Leia here, but they didn't take it. The rest of the film save the reunion with Luke and Leia would still be intact if she just died there.

It looks cool and all. It's actually a really impressive scene but as other user's have pointed out it kind of breaks the universe if people can just hyperspace kamikaze everything. You could just make hyperspace projectiles and crash them into planets.

OHNONONO NO NO NO

>Why build a death star?
Something everyone wanted to ask the Emperor, but were afraid they'd get Force choked.

I looked up the reviews after the movie too. Wasn't surprised to see the Rotten Tomato reviews. Do these people even know what a good story is.

What about Starkiller?

I remembered something. This entire movie occurred in the span of 24 hours, somehow Rey managed to spend 2 nights on that planet, I'm not sure what the day/night cycle is though

Something everyone wanted to ask but were too scared of getting Snoke'd

It was pretty badass, but still a major asspull

That was anime as fuck

Why didn't the rebels Allah akbar the new death star during the battle for endor?

Something something Shield Generator

still not as stupid as rogue ones push thing into thing that pushes thing into thingy and gud guis win

The SSD Executor actually did.

TFA also used hyperdrive like some super powerful secret weapon, when Han uses it to bypass the shield on SKB. It's also used to kill one of those creatures on the cargo ship, and in Rogue One it's used while in atmosphere to escape the destruction of that city.

I think using hyperdrive to suddenly gain an edge is going to become a new SW trope.

The whole thing was fucking stupid without any thought to world building

just ignore a new hope or empire when you had to hyperdrive from a specific location to move safely

I'm copying some user because he's a better writer than me:

>FTL Artillery
See this is where you can tell the people who are writing the new movies don't understand the old ones.
Star Wars was made to be a medieval fairy tale World War 2 samurai Flash Gordon western.

Everyone who spends a while critically analyzing Star Wars can see the Death Star is a big impractical liability, but the Evil Lord has to have a big impenetrable castle. Everyone can work out that X-Wings and TIE Fighters should be piloted by Droids instead of being repaired by them, and everyone can see that there's no point in having a fleet or a Death Star or performing the trench run when you can just kamikaze a medium-sized freighter into a planet or a base at lightspeed.

The point is that you shouldn't be critically analyzing the technical accuracy of the film, you should be watching breathlessly to see whether or not the farm boy's friends can help him survive the dark lord samurai German fighter ace on his tail.
Disney's dumbass writers bringing modern military sense into a film series where we had trench warfare in the age of robots and space battleships think they're being clever but they're actually shattering the illusion, because the second you start thinking in those terms you realize that none of it makes sense anyway in such a sci-fi setting and you start watching and critiquing the movie in terms of a historical documentary like a fucking retard.

>implying he's done with them and won't be all over the place in 9th as a force ghost.

Reminds me of author John Brunner calling out sci-fi writers of the time (1970s) of being hacks who had no interest in science or technology and just used it to sell books and pulps to gullible nerds

Nothing has changed

Female leadership. The most realistic part of the whole movie desu.

Two suns m8