So my faggot SJW brother keeps whining about Samurai Jack being "culturally appropriative" every time he comes over to...

So my faggot SJW brother keeps whining about Samurai Jack being "culturally appropriative" every time he comes over to visit and eat all my food.
I guess it is about an azn and isn't written, directed, or contributed to by any azns.
Does he have a bit of a point?

He's just doing it because he knows it bothers you.

Telling stories about people who don't look like you is fine. Just have to be respectful.

Sounds like the faggot is you, OP.

Accuse him of racism for implying that only a specific demographic group has the rights to write or speak about said specific demographic group.

This, your brother is a faggot op. Tell him the internet thinks he's a faggot.

>trips
noice.

Also call him a cuck

I mentioned the show just once because we were talking about new Sup Forums shit coming up. I'm not even that into it.
I'm not gonna trap myself into a conversation about race with him, that sounds like the makings of a nightmarish evening.

>Also call him a cuck
I don't blow my top or reveal my power level.
That shit ain't for me.
He's just saying stupid shit anyway, I mean if he was out in the streets and started hurting people with his antifa bullshit I might feel some responsibility to intervene but right now it's nothing.

I made this edit because I don't like that he isn't yellow anymore.

Aku was voiced by a Japanese guy.

Fiction can't touch on any culture if people from that culture aren't involved? These kinds of people just need a battle to fight to give their lives a little meaning. They're not going to go to war, so they treat these social issues like a fucking battleground and themselves like just warriors.

Japan has never been colonized, its not cultural appropriation, its just a sharing of culture.

I never see anyone say anything when the reverse occurs.

>Does he have a bit of a point?
Are you mentally ill?
That's literally the only thing I can conclude from you even asking this.

I might as well entertain his wild notions, and I mostly thought it would be funny to discuss here.
It's not like I can talk to him- his complete fidelity to his new outlook has made him pretty violent and impossible to object to.

Is your brother an ethnonationalist or something?
Because it sounds like he's arguing for radical, no exceptions allowed, cultural separatism based on race.

That's what most of the left, particularly BLM seem to be advocating.

say you don't give a fuck

No, but shit talking your own flesh and blood like a bitch on the internet makes you worse than any SJW.

To be fair, I miss his yellow skin.
And this is not me being a SJW or anything, it's just that when you change a character design too much it might as well be a different character. I also miss his square chin.

Why exactly should I hold my tongue just because we were sen from the same balls into the same twat?
Should I hold reverence for whatever leaks out of my mom onto the bedspread as well?

If you want to talk about portraying Asian culture with any authenticity, yes family generally matters. And I'm not saying to hold your tongue, just not post shit like this on Sup Forums. It's embarrassing.

And no I don't think it's appropriation, just diffusion. Genndy is a big fucking weeb that pays tribute to Samurai vulture all the time and Mako was originally voiced by a Japanese man.

Troll him hard by buying asian food and eating it in front of him.

*culture fuck

I'll take 'Sup Forums making up shit that didn't happen in attempt to shitpost on other boards' for 1,000.

Add Japanese words in your vocabulary when talking to him.

>Add Japanese words in your vocabulary when talking to him.
That sounds terrible, I always hated those kids who'd answer their cellphones with "Moshi moshi" back in high school.

Tell him Jack is voiced by a black guy and written by a Russian Jew.

But Jack is a jap, not a burger. Not to mention that the show's creator is a ruskie immigrant.
Your brother is a retarded faggot and so are you for making this pointless thread.

i actually like the chin. it makes him look more asian.