TLJ is unironically one of, if not the very best Star Wars movie

TLJ is unironically one of, if not the very best Star Wars movie.
There are two major themes running through it: letting go of the past and defying expectations. Letting go of the past, as in saying goodbye to the old favorites, and making the new characters take center stage. Honest to god, I didn't care about Rey, Finn or Poe after TFA, but I loved them by the end of this.
And defying expectations, as in putting twists and turns in the story. I can't say that you won't see the plot twists coming, but those are a lot better than in an average blockbuster. I wonder if Abrams is salty that Johnson shaped his ideas so much?
I wouldn't call TLJ a deconstruction, though it comes close. Felt very much like Kotor 2, interpreting the mythos in a different way (Luke has shades of Kreia). The humor was also great, measured gracefully and in the adequate places, Marvel could learn a LOT from this one.
The acting is superb, Del Toro, Dern and Tran all brought something to the table.
And there is a silent space battle scene towards the end which left the audience breathless. I could literally hear jaws hitting the floor.
'Superleia' was a bit cringy I guess, but I didn't hate it like some of you. Always liked it even in the EU when she was shown as force sensitive.

faggot

official rankings of movies

Rogue One > 5>4 > FA> 6 >3 >1 >2 > TLJ

>all these words for a b8 shitpost

It must hurt to have this bad of taste

letting go of the past and killing off the past are different things. they dont have to shit on the things we love and take back the things that were previously established to make room for this new shit. They can all share in this universe equally. Its fucking disgusting what they are doing with the series.

But user, you don't get it

I want my movies to be filled with one dimensional monolithic characters that do badass things!

You ignore that failure is a major theme of the movie as well. The characters fail several times. Rey fails her training, Luke's entire arc is based around coming to terms with the fact that he failed Kylo, Rey fails to turn Kylo to the good, Poe starts the movie off literally failing everyone and getting a fuckload of people dead, Finn and Rose's plan fails literally three times, and Yoda uses his Force Ghost powers to remind Luke that failure is the greatest lesson he could give to his students.

I legitimately liked the movie I thought the flying Leia shit was a little weird and if they wanted to save her there was a different way they could have done it, by the way. No bait.

5 = 6 > 4 > TFA > RO > TLJ >>>>> 1 = 2 = 3

>defying expectations, as in putting twists and turns in the story
>'Superleia' was a bit cringy I guess, but I didn't hate it like some of you
>The humor was also great, measured gracefully and in the adequate places, Marvel could learn a LOT from this one.

Only a shill or a dumb pleb with no knowledge of cinema would write an apology as pathetic as yours.

In any case, please kill yourself.

Who is Snoke?
>lol who cares
What is Rey's parents' deal?
>lol who cares
Where are the Knights of Ren?
>lol who cares
Why didn't they just jump in front of the rebels and cut them off?
>lol who cares
Why are light speed weapons suddenly feasible?
>lol who cares
Why didn't Holdo just tell what her plan was? Everyone died because of her.
>lol who cares

>HAHA TIDDY MILK XDDDD!! PORGS HAHAHA LE EPIC WACKY LUKE DIALOGUE!!
It was shit

this

I shit on you mothers grave you numale millenial of shit

wrong.

5 > 4 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 3 > RO > 2 = 1

>The humor was also great, measured gracefully and in the adequate places, Marvel could learn a LOT from this one.

I don't think you're right, but the emphasis on quips was actually well done in this movie. Snoke says that when the darkness rose in Kylo Ren, so did the light (and the other way around for Rey). The sacrifices and failures made TLJ one of the darker entries in the series, but it was also the most reliant on jokes.

Still not sure if the quips were because modern Hollywood or to reflect the tone of the characters, but if it's the latter then bravo Rian.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE KNIGHTS OF REN?

>I thought the flying Leia shit was a little weird
I thought it was epic bacon.

I truly fucking hate to say it.

I was so fucking excited for this movie.

TLJ may have been the worst of all the star wars movies, and that is fucking saying a lot.

C=good
-Kylo acting and character
-Rey acting and character
-Poe acting and character
-Some of Lukes scenes
-yoda scene kind of.
-snoke scene
-Benicio

Bad
-Plot
-DIRECTING
-jumbled story, way too fast pace
-repetitive scenes
-complete lack of surprises or plot development since the last movie
-Rey arch and story (or lack)
-kylo arch and story
-Where are the knights of Ren?
-Snoke lack of story
-asia girl was useless (big theme being mis-use of time)
-everyhting with purple hair woman
-much of Leia
-theres only 10 fucking rebels in the galaxy
-Lukes fake death then real death, what the fuck.
-the ending
-the major lack of conflict left to be had in the final movie

I legit enjoyed TFA,
They set up the new trilogy perfectly.
Rian made JJ look like a fucking king tonight.

This except 1 >>>>> 2.

The new cast sucks. Only Kylo is decent.

Same, but reversed

when you realize that cucks defending TFA, and now TLJ, never saw the previous Star Wars movies

>tfw you realize Rogue One is the best Star Wars film yet

This but unironically

>Rogue One is the best ITT
lmao

3 > 5 > 6 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 7 > R1

4 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 7 > 1 > R1 > 2

there I solved the puzzle
TLJ is almost as good as ESB
also R1 is a shit!

A copypasta to surpass all others :D

In order:

TFA
RO

TLJ

Is this some new version of Rick and Morty copypasta?

>It has themes I noticed a pattern!!

Is not something that makes a movie good or bad. It's a slog of a movie.

Most of the new or the TFA characters are completely useless and do nothing to move the story along.