Would you watch anime if it were a cartoon?

Would you watch anime if it were a cartoon?

It would still be as cringy with their "LuL we're so RaNdOm"

I thought that's what cartoons were

Dragon Maid and LWA are already pretty cartoony, so yeah. Otherwise it'd depend on which adaptation

I watch anime and cartoons

Invader Zim is good you autist.

But anime are cartoons.

Unlikely, the biggest reason I can't get that into anime is larger due to me feeling a lot of dialogue and writing in anime being clumsy, which tends to be an inherit mixture of of things getting lost in translation or just a different ways of interaction that is based around their own culture.

Also, how does this picture make you feel? Are they attractive to you? Just curious.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU DO TO MY DRAGON MAID REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sorry sorry

most definitely, I absolutely hate the stilted animation, nonexistent lip syncing, copy pasta art style and the inability to not monologue exposition every 5 seconds have these japs ever heard of show don't tell

>would you eat an orange if it was an apple

They're not.

>copy pasta art style
Meme.

>the inability to not monologue exposition every 5 seconds
Meme.

Sup Forums already watches anime. We just pretend not to so that anime discussion doesn't crowd out cartoon discussion

this

>that THICCCCCCCCCCCCC ass fuck dragon maid

need r34 in that style asap

Honestly Tooru looks cuter like this. The sharp teeth and eyes give her extra charm.

It depends on the content. The artstyle and language don't mean much to me (up to a certain point) so as long as it was entertaining I would watch. That being said, I wouldn't watch Dragon Maid or TLH in either style

>They're not
This meme needs to end.

The aesthetic differences are actually very important. The kind of aesthetics that cartoons employ are simply not good or appropriate enough for anime.

It's not a meme, it's fact.

>what is Kaiba

What about Kaiba?

>anime
>short for animation
>definition of cartoon: a motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people/objects

I understand that. I'm not saying I'd be okay with Madoka in Clarence art/style, but rather a style that is appropriate for the theme, just with a western style. Not ALL shows are cal-arts garbage.

Cartoon aesthetics aren't appropriate for anime?

That definition of cartoon is wrong, and anime doesn't mean just any and all animation.

Nailed it.

They are too simplistic to work in anime.

Kaiba.

Do I really have to point out that I am making a generalization and that it doesn't apply to absolutely every single piece of anime ever made?

Yes.

Ugh, it's you again.

What?

>Lucoa still fuckable

Cool.

Never post this image again

>are pretty much cartoony
I fucking hate Sup Forums so much. You niggers have no idea about anything you talk about. You talk about anime without watching it. You talk about comics without reading them. You talk about one or two cartoons pretending you've seen lots of them.

There is no board so despicably attention seeking or as vaccuosly desperate as Sup Forums. You're the epitome of fans of the fandom. Half of you are here because it's fun not because you actually read or watch fastidiously.

I fucking hate you Sup Forums; I used to love you. What a disgusting joke you have become.

What are you, some sort of freak?

>copy pasta art style
Oh the fucking irony.

>There is no board so despicably attention seeking or as vaccuosly desperate as Sup Forums

Eeeh, v and tv are pretty much on the same league. Your post is on point but it pretty much describes most of the entertainment boards.

That's exactly what your mum said last night,right after i blasted her with my 9th load of baby batter.

>That definition of cartoon is wrong
It's not

>anime doesn't mean just any and all animation
Anime is short for animation. Even for an Sup Forumsfag, you're a normie beyond measure

people who cling to the terms anime and cartoon like they describing two different things and only watch one or the other out of some autistic sense of loyalty to one or just outright bias against the other are idiots

>It's not
It is. It's like defining a car in such a way that it also includes motorcycles and trucks.

>Anime is short for animation.
Yes, but that still does not mean anime means just any and all animation.

>Even for an Sup Forumsfag, you're a normie beyond measure
I'm not from Sup Forums or a normie.

They are two different things.

But anime and cartoons are the same.
Anime = japanese cartoons

>not watching both already

There are no good cartoons currently airing.

Is there a cartoon that you would say "breaks the mold" in terms of art style?

one's about to air in 3 minutes

>There is no board so despicably attention seeking or as vaccuosly desperate as Sup Forums
Someone's never been on Sup Forums.

I tell you anime is short for animation so you don't entertain the thought that your japanese cartoons are in any way unique to the spectrum. They are exactly that: japanese cartoons

You're delusional.

They are completely different from each other.

Anime is unique and very different from cartoons.

Right arms looking pretty long there, Kobayashi

Samefagging won't make your argument any less bullshit, Sup Forumsfag

Only one of those posts is mine, I'm not from Sup Forums, and there was nothing bullshit about what I said.

I'm not samefagging you faggot

what you didn't even post

kek

>I'm deleting cookies you faggot

EXPOSED

>there was nothing bullshit about what I said
>Anime is unique and very different from cartoons.

I knew it

Not an argument.

It is unique among world animation, and it is very different from cartoons. So where is the bullshit?

So let me ask a question. How does Japan define anime? Because from what I last saw, Tom & Jerry made one of their polls of top 50 anime.

>it is very different from cartoons
It is, itself, a series of cartoons

Anime and cartoons are different, separate forms of animation.

It's a very different one that shouldn't be compared to common cartoon.
It's like trying to compare a whale to other mammals, are you stupid?

It's often but not always used as a synonym for animation. Some use it to mean the animation that spawned from Astro Boy. People in the anime industry and fandom probably associate it with Japanese animation in particular.

Holy shit my sides.

Anime is short for animation. It's a catch-all term in Japan, ranging from stop motion to hand drawn cartoons. What you were referring to was cartoons, hence anime = cartoon

Anime and cartoons, again, are different, separate forms of animation. This is completely self-evident when comparing the two.

>French cartoons aren't cartoons
>Russian cartoons aren't cartoons
>Japanese cartoons aren't cartoons

There's the door, weeb

So when you talk to people about the shows you watch you can call them anime?

the loli needs to be sexier

only if it's from japan, otherwise it's not anime

The distinction is calling cartoons from Japan 'anime'. It's like calling someone a Jew instead of a person, it's to distinguish, but not to separate. This dumbass thinks Japanese cartoons aren't cartoons, and there lies the problem

inb4 jews r not pplz LMFAO XD

I never said Japanese cartoons aren't cartoons. They indeed are cartoons. It's just that anime and cartoons are two completely different things, and self-evidently so.

Even after all this discussion you still ignored almost all my important arguments and attacked the weak ones.
This is a waste of time, I won't discuss with you anymore.

>I never said Japanese cartoons aren't cartoons
>different
>separate
>forms of animation
>two completely different things

Offer nothing and you will receive nothing

Japanese cartoons are cartoons. Anime is not cartoons. Are you trying to say there is some kind of contradiction in what I said?

Would a Japanese person call Star Vs a cartoon or an anime?

I don't think "cartoon" is used much in Japan, so they would call it anime. Unless there's some other word they're using that I'm not aware of.

Can we agree that there is a distinction from the perspective of English speakers and no distinction from Japanese speakers? There's a difference not in the literal sense (they are all drawings) but in the cultural sense. Anime is also different in that it is more flexible in what kind of genres it can have. Cartoons could do the same thing (maybe) but the audience who would be open to that is too small. The western world stigmatizes cartoons as being something for children while in Japan it is accepted as something for adults as well. That's also a culture element to it.

There is a distinction in Japan too. That they call both American and Japanese shows animation does not mean they fail to distinguish between the two.

Everything between cartoons and anime is different.

Yes

I mean linguistically. I'm sure they can see that the looks and way of telling a story are very different.

Whoopsies,

I want an Inuyasha cartoon.

Neat.

Anime is a cartoon style influenced by Japanese culture and/or the Japanese cartoon industry.

Much like other styles that differentiate different art pieces within the same medium, each one appeals to different types of people, for various reasons.

Anime is an animation style. Cartoon is another, different animation style.

anime is cartoon dumbass

Yes, loads. Maybe you should watch more cartoons.

Anime and cartoons are separate forms of animation.

Maybe I should.

Did that artist draw Ranma and Urusei Yatsura too?

It's too late for this to be real, huh?

Also, it's all animation, cartoons, etc., idiots. We in the West use 'anime' to refer to Japanese animation, cartoons, etc. In Japan, 'anime' just refers to animation. Same thing with lolicon/shotacon; some people in West like making a 2d/3d distinction while lolicon/shotacon = pedophile in Japan regardless. But honest, most people don't care; it's all cartoons and you're all pedophiles.

Stop being a weeb/pedantic dipshit about it.

Dragon maid is trash lol

>it's all cartoons
Anime and cartoons are separate forms of animation

>you're all pedophiles
Pedophilia and lolicon are two different things.