I unironically enjoyed this film despite knowing the entire plot before watching the movie

At first I read the spoilers and thought "wow this movie sounds retarded". Then I actually watched it and had the most fun I've ever had watching a Star Wars movie in theater. Seeing things actually unfold made me enjoy the plot and the direction the series is going in. Mark Hamill delivered the greatest performance of his career as a broken Luke Skywalker who returns hope to the galaxy one last time before becoming one with the force.

I counted at least 5 times where the audience began applauding in theater
>Kylo killing Snoke, audience temporarily believed Kylo finally became good
>A loud audible gasp when Holdo crashed the ship through the Supremacy, followed by applause
>Yoda lightning bolts the Force Tree
>BB-8 driving a fucking AT-AT
>Luke gets barraged and doesn't get scratched once, dusts off his shoulder just to shove it in Kylo's face
>The reveal of Luke having been on Ach-To the entire time, followed by complete and solemn silence as he became one with the Force
>Cux crying over Snoke's retarded bisected corpse, "Long live the Supreme Leader!" also got a hearty laugh

The only bad part was SuperLeia which just got laughs and "really?" out of the audience. Overall I fully enjoyed the film, loved that it was very funny, had some decent brutal executions and took the series into a very new direction. I can only imagine what Episode IX will bring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't watched a single Star Wars movie and this sounds like the most retarded shit ever

>I can only imagine what Episode IX will bring.

Shit. I mean how the fuck do you follow up from this, considering the plan was clearly for Leia to have a huge role? And of all the people they tap JJ and the fucking writer of Batman v Superman?
Nah. I think 8 is the beginning and end of the sequels for me

My nigga how much do you get paid

I wish I could string you up you hillary voting piece of bantha poodoo

I just got back from the film. Thought it was "good". Nothing exceptional. The entire premise and most of the plot development was a rehah of Empire...but not as good.

The film had a better emotional core narrative than Awakens, but fell flat with Finn's comedic adventure with the mousey Asian sidekick and the merry band of SJW resistance (Poe and Leia were great. The problem is that they dialogue for a lot of the Resistance - I'm looking at you Admiral Triggered - felt too on the nose.

The film was great when it focused and explored it's emotional core, i.e. any scene with Luke, Rey and Kylo. When the film veered away from that, especially with Finn, it nose dived in quality. And the Finn scenes were bad. Way too much fucking cartoon humour that didn't fit the tone, and broke the tension. Why does Disney live action writers try to make their live action films the same way they do their cartoon films? Cartoon humour works in children's cartoons. It doesn't work in live action films meant for a generally older audience. It's the same fucking problem Marvel films have: too many fucking jokes.

why are you here then?

>I unironically enjoyed this film
some enjoy paedophilia, coprophilia, bestiality and jerking off to 'Pain Olympics', too

I get paid at my job, this is just me talking about a movie I enjoyed.

>Applauding in the theatre
Fucking Americans

>Normies gasped and clapped.
>Just the action scenes were good.
>No mention of good directing or script.

Basically an angsty transformers movie. Well, no shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8

I want to lock the entire team responsible for this movie in a theater and just play this scene on repeat for days on end so loud that they can't even sleep and are forced to understand the depth of how badly they fucked this up.

Star Wars is for children though.

Always has been.

I thought the movie was great, but I have my issues.
>Superman Leia (worst moment in star wars history imo)
>Rose sucked
>Snoke died too soon
>the pacing was a little weird
There were things that I really liked
>Luke's death was perfect
>Rey is bae
>Lightspeed into a stardestroyer
>Watching Snoke get sliced in half
>Kylo Ren was awesome
>porgs
Overall around an 8-9/10

>oh wait i'm on Sup Forums so the movie fucking sucked

Rey kylo luke was probably the best part. Had some neat ways to depict the force but I wouldn't go as far as calling it great. I think the movies biggest flaw was being bloated with an unnecessary double ending, plots that stagnated over scenes, and goddamn trailer money shots. Snoke being a complete lack of villain didn't help it at all, and I didn't feel like any character besides poe really progressed. I did like bille lourd as lieutenant babe however

But at least adults could take it seriously before, this new stuff is just angsty garbage.

Why come to a forum where you opinions don't align? I'm all for an open discussion but we've discussed at length why this film is flawed from an arguably objective perspective, which, by the way is an absolute death-knell for any film.

>liked the pandering cute mascot characters.

Opinion discarded.

*which coincidentally happens to be my job

Watch out, Sup Forums. Disney shills are posting this pasta with all their main talking points in different iterations over and over here.

See this:

>Super leia

What was actually spoiled before release?

BULLET
IN
THE
HEAD...