SUPER LEIA DENIERS BTFO

SUPER LEIA DENIERS BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/1bky7
youtu.be/RFj2O8QTIO8?t=284
youtube.com/watch?v=gpwvJzcfL1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So this is how starwars dies...

What the actual Fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck? This is just like that scene in BvS where Superman gets nuked. The mouse shamelessly copy pastes.

Uh wouldn't opening that airlock suck everyone out into space? There's only one door.

I dont know if i should laugh or cry and i dont want to hear any bitching about the prequels anymore because if you want to see legit rape of the OT then just look at this shit

With reddits applause

money
o
n
e
y

$$$
$$
$

Lmao

It's like the scene in BvS after the nuke where Superman is floating in orbit, except with a dead coke addict

The prequels deserve to get shit on too for being shit movies.

streamable.com/1bky7

A P O L O G I Z E

the door directly to space opened lol

I take bad movies with a soul over this sterile corporate bullshit any day. Not that it makes the prequels better as movies of course

>it's real
Oh no no no no no.

I cry everytime I see this because I have to read countless people on my normiebook saying how they loved this pile of shit.

How can anyone like this crap? It's so fucking bad that anyone with a brain that functions beyond "it's popular so it's good" must fucking hate it.

This

fair enough. But this is Rian Johnson directly taking a shit on the original cast and committing complete character assasination

y-y-you don't understand...the critics, the ratings, the polls, they say it's good! I need upvotes and consensus to formulate my opinion on everything!

You idiots always say star wars is better as fantasy and not as a hard sci fi.

Wow, it's almost like she's a fucking Skywalker or some shit.

forcefields or whatever

Probably only 1/10 has actually seen it and is an actual retard while the rest just plays along for the fake nerd cred cause "hurr durr how could le Star Wars be bad besides le prequels meme"

Normies are so fake it disgusts me

Why is it when there's a mistep apart from the OT then SUDDENLY the prequels are redeemed? That makes no fucking sense. The prequels are bad too.

Give this man some peace for fucks sake. Get fucked by Disney's critics while they rip your shit off and then have critics be praising that.

Why is everyone in Sup Forums so retarded? She's a force wielder... The daughter of possibly the strongest force user of all time. If her fucking brother can levitate a several 1000 lb X-Wing on a planet with earth-like gravity, then she can use the force to push herself through zero-G space. Fucking imbeciles.

They're contrarians for the sake of it. I bet almost none of them were here since at least 2006.

you guys know fanboys will love this because they've always wanted leia to do something with the force

Used to love Star Wars, didn't see 7 and probably won't see 8 but I gotta ask, what the fuck is going on?

Whats with the surviving in space thing in movies today?
death from exposure to the vacuum of space is damn near instantaneous.

>When you see critics praise Rian as a "visual genius"
How can anyone defend this selective bias of critics? They all rip this man off shamelessly.

This, what's so difficult to understand
>put up a force field around yourself
>pulling yourself to the nearest ship
It didn't happen before doesn't mean it can't guys

with what training? Is she a Jedi or not? If she is so powerful, why didn't she go slap some sense into kylo herself?

Because she's not a fighter. Rey was. She wasn't.

Did you see Rey needs any training?
Woman are natural born force users dude. Remember, the force is female.

I'm convinced the mouse is doing this just to piss on Snyder's grave. It's like it doesn't even make sense in the film but they just did it to let the man know they can not only ruin his career but also steal his shit and have critics sucking your balls for it.

why didn't mace windu or emperor use force levitate to save themseles then?

>she literally has the same bloodline as Luke
>people chimping out because she has the force

this board is retarded. you just hate women, admit it

I never believed in a general critic bias until I saw TLJ's scores. I mean, BvS was a mess in its butchered theatrical form (the UE is still bloated and overstuffed but at least sort of makes sense), and JL was destined to be shit the second Whedon was brought on board. That's all true. But to see the same critics who trashed MoS praise TLJ, despite MoS being objectively more coherent as a movie - especially seeing them praise the visuals - is pretty damning. Are critics really that afraid to anger Disney?

I hate you and your logic

and what a great display.

Since when could jedis fly in space?

Mace was still in his zzzzt phase so he can't do shit
Also both of them fell down pretty quick for them to pull any tricks, compare to Leia who was basically floating around in space.

I thought this was a meme. I thought there was no way it could actually be real.

But it is real...?

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?

Remember when Luke pulled his lightsaber out of the snow with no training? It's a similar situation.

>both of them fell down pretty quick

as opposed to Leia being blasted on an exploding ship travelling at high speeds

Yeah real slow

fuck off shill

Just admit it you're a sexist bigot

Have you ever seen a Jedi in space without any protection and wonder what they could have done
Now you have one.

How the fuck does that compare to surviving and flying in vacuum?

When she was floating around she has some time to focus or sth, stupid.

The only reason why you criticize me for criticizing this shitty movie is because you hate men. Admit it bigot!

Here's one with sound.
I personally love it.
streamable.com/1bky7

Luke was young and he can already do that
Imagine what can Leia do after 30 years fiddling around with the force in her spare time.

At least Star Wars, the myth. It's ogre.

>shootingstars.webm

>literally the perfect opportunity to kill her off and make a sad, emotional scene
>No lets keep her alive even though she's dead IRL and kill luke

To be fair, kenobi and quai gon in episode 1 held their breaths for a long time when they were getting gassed.

Plo Koon literally does this in the Clone Wars series

>floating in space

gotta you

if you excuse me i'd like to exist this convo as i don't like talking to retards

Considering she's in zero gravity, I don't really see how flying is any more far-fetched than pulling something with the force. As for surviving, I think the Star Wars films have established well enough that they're willing to ignore science for the sake of the story.

fine, "floating" in space, is that alright for you smart boy.
also this

A film can't ignore the realities of science to such extreme point. Jedis aren't kryptonians. They're regular people who can use the force. Their biology isn't different which this implies.

This. Tbh. I really hate the ST but Leia using the force here and there shouldn't be an issue. I do think they could have made the scene better though. Something about the way her body floats doens't look right. Maybe if they had her move a few limbs so it looks more natural.

>literally never uses the force before
>when a deus ex machina is needed she pulls one of the biggest force tricks ever and it's never mentioned again
Imagine being a shill and having to defend this

Orson Welles talks about it for a bit. youtu.be/RFj2O8QTIO8?t=284
Basically, a normal person's film grammar is lacking and cannot comprehend when a movie is actually bad. Especially something like this where the editing is slick, there's pretty imagery all over the place, the music still holds well. It just "feels" like a good experience even though it's all smoke and mirrors.

>my normiebook
Fuck off.

>literally never uses the force before
She only discovers she is a Skywalker toward the end of ROTJ. She never had a chance to develop any potential force powers. She does however sense Luke and vice versa which shows a connection with the force.

>when a deus ex machina is needed she pulls one of the biggest force tricks ever and it's never mentioned again
I don't really know if I'd call it one of the biggest force tricks. It seems like an extension of force pull and I believe we've seen it pulled off tons of times in the EU.

Sshhhhh. Just turn your brain off, bro.

Yes, we know that. Thanks for pointing it out, Reddit.

Reminder that regular humans can remain conscious in space for 15 seconds. They can also survive for about 4 minutes without permanent brain damage. Some force healing bullshit to wake her up, then some pretty slow acceleration and a pretty low top speed means all she needs is a weak force pull. Not that unreasonable.

Do theaters burst out laughing when watching this? Because I can't stop laughing!

I
BELIEVE
I
CAN
FLY...
I
BELIEVE
I
CAN
TOUCH
THE
SKY...

you mean when he couldn't do shit and had to fully concentrate for it to even move a little bit?

compared to Rey pulling the lightsaber from the other field with zero training

Basically people convince themselves that they like it because they feel like they have to. It's the reason why everyone pretends things like Star Wars, the Beatles etc etc etc

Not even close to instantaneous.
>today
youtube.com/watch?v=gpwvJzcfL1w

He had the years off screen to practice, Leia ain't practice shit. Not that I've ever seen false Disney Star Wars not will I. For the EU is canon.

>30 years possible for her to develop her force tricks
>force pull is one of the most basic thing Jedi learn, and they can lift large objects already
>DURRR HOW CAN SHE PULL HERSELF FUCKING DEUS EX MACHINA

>I actuallly watched the movie and the leia flying is false
Always pretending, like true cucks.

You do realize that this movie takes place thirty years after RotJ, right?

>survives in fucking space va like superman
>she's either flies through space or pulls the ship to her (?) after being without oxygen and freezing for minutes
>I-IT'S PRETTY BASIC STUFF HERE
You're earning every dish of curry Disney is paying you

>iam going back
fucking retards stop giving them money for crap

YASSQWEEEEEEEEEEEN
S
L
A
Y

Wait a second... THE SISTER OF LUKE SKYWALKER AND DAUGHTER OF DARTH VADER HAS THE FORCE?!?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK!

>freezing
Space is a very bad conductor. The oxygen (and consciousness) is the only major cause of death. You've got a few seconds of consciousness, then a few minutes of unconsciousness as you asphyxiate. You'll die long before you freeze, burn in direct exposure to unfiltered sunlight, or even before your organs fail due to fluids in you boiling via lack of pressure.

I don't like the new trilogy. But Leia using force pull isn't a far shot. A human can survive a few minutes in space. Leia could create a force field around her and it's certainly not unusual for a Jedi to use force pull. She's had 30 something years to at least learn that.

I know right? Considering that this literally the first and last time it's mentioned it's pretty shocking!

it's not that she obviously has the force
it's just it looks stupid
stop defending it disneyshitters

Listen, guys, it's not retarded that Leia has the force.
It's retarded, because she's flies like she's being dragged across the screen with the mouse.

>s-she could create a force field after all the training she may have done off screen that no other character knows about and she never uses again
Pure shillkino

>One of the most powerful beings to ever exist in the lore is a green muppet
>Needs hand held every time a mystical element appears

I can agree to this. I think they could have pulled it off better. Her body looks so stiff when she's moving, it just looks silly.

A cartoon series that probably isn't canon (if it ever was)? What I recall of the first few episodes of that was anakin and obi's personalities being different from the movies.

Sure she can have magic, but she's not been trained in all her 60~ years? And it's a minute or more exposure to space as a human. Force can now auto protect an individual from exposure/environmental harm?

>no decompression on opening door
>half the cast at the door doesn't immediately fly out
>bulkhead exposed to space actually opens

Yes the room she floats into is a compression/decompression room, but you don't see the door behind her close, allow time for the process to happen, she just floats the fuck in and opens the hallway door.

what you have are just bad fucking camrip
I saw in the theater, it was amazing and breath taking

She doesn't even need a force field, the only bullshit is regaining consciousness for dramatic effect. If she just force pulled herself right back immediately, it would have been well within the realm of possibility.

You don't really have the option of 'holding your breath' in vacuum.

>she never uses again
Why would she. She doesn't fight in the front lines. She is a general. And no characters that would have known her long are shown to be surprised she can use the force.

i always took from that scene that luke taught her a little on how to use the force after the events of the OT. It makes sense to me anyway.

>Movie stays true to the all the element of the original movie, doesn't expand on lore

LOL WTF FUCKING COPYCAT RETREAD FLUFF

>Movie expands on the lore and takes risk

WHAAAAAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO MY CHILDHOOD

I think they executed it poorly for the reasons you said but in theory there really shouldn't be anything broken about Leia using some force powers. I wouldn't want to see her used as a force combatant because it would be cheap instead of her remaining a general but using the force in limited circumstances IMO is fine.

Serious question, is it just the webm quality in these leaks, or are the special effects that bad?