What excuse will we hear for her now...

What excuse will we hear for her now? It’s now confirmed she was born to a couple of nameless drunks who died on Jakku. Yet, despite zero training, she arguably is more attuned to the force than Anakin, Luke or Obi-Wan were. She once more experiences no growth as a character and spends more time “teaching” Luke than learning anything from him. How can anyone defend her as anything other than an insulting piece of Mary Sue propaganda now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVuutYbpRcY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

she's a woman. if you need any other explanation you are a nazi and probably problematic as well

She's OP because she can control both the good and the dark side. She cannot be tempted to the dark since she doesn't feel it.
They already fucked up when kylo Ren got his ass kicked by her 3 times.

>She cannot be tempted to the dark since she doesn't feel it.
but she was easily tempted to it when she was meditating and luke freaked out

She's a Mary Sue character from a fan fiction written by a tumblrina teen.

Anakin was born to literal no ones in a desert you moron.

daisy's been really annoyed in interviews with answers to questions like 'why cant she just be good?' or ' i dont understand why anyone cares about her parentage"
they've doubled down on 'just because" at this point.

Time of man is over. It's time for women to get the force right.
Men have only brought destruction and chaos with their understanding of the force.

Don't forget: We don't know who the father is. Because he's a Jesus allegory.

he also had 10 years of training
and he was some sort of mythical force baby

I can't. I defended her when TFA came out because I thought she was Luke's daughter and already had some basic training before getting mind-wiped or some shit, but this is ridiculous.

Disney has no idea what they're doing.

and he was training for 10-20 years with jedi masters

Anakin was born to mary and joseph

anakin was concieved "by the force". the force is anakins daddy

Of course, she has no investment in the star wars setting and, like most actresses, she's just interested in praise about her performance.

Anakin was literally sired by the Force itself, you fucking brainlet.

That doesn't refute what I said at all. There's a hypocrisy of being literally dumbfounded that she could be born to no ones and still be strong with the force when anakin is literally the same fucking thing.

And the Force is God, making Anakin Jesus.

Cause that's not Mary Sue-dom in its finest?

>"Prodigies have never existed in fiction or reality or this franchise ever before"
You people are fucking morons.

He was born from no ones. If he was "sired" by the force that doesn't mean she couldn't be as well.

You're literally overlooking facts for quasi religious allegorical reasons. You're everything you've ever hated.

He was concieved by force all right. Gangraped by sand people.

But she's not a >MUH SKYWALKER

These idiots won't let it go.

The best thing they could do is have Rey die for Kylo, which would finally bring him over the bridge into the light. Effectively the opposite of what happened to Anakin.

>why can't she just be good?

It's a damn shame too because I remember seeing TFA trailers, with her in that get-up and polearm they were going to do a Journey to the West thing

Instead I get God-Woman, the Strongest Forcer that ever Forced Because Fuck you how DARE you CRITICISE

>Cause that's not Mary Sue-dom in its finest?

I never said he wasn't. But at least Anakin had character flaws.

She was born to drunks, not literally no one.

Anakin and Luke both had to undergo training and development to use their abilities

Rey can do it all for no reason other than juts because

>What excuse will we hear for her now?

Take it straight from the horse's mouth:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVuutYbpRcY

"She's like super strong and he's like so weak". Well there you have it folks.

She also has another clip where she calls it sexism to call Rey a Mary Sue because.. "it's a female name". Yes, actually.

I thought she was awoken to match Kylo Ren or some shit? She was made for him, literally.

The truth is the movie sucks regardless of how OP Rey is.

ROCK!,
IT'S
DEADER
THAN
DEAD...!!

It's the new paradigm of Star Wars

The Force is easy to come by.

There will be scenes like AoTC with tonnes of "Jedis Not called Jedis" going at "Empire forces though not called that" forces like an Avengers movie.

I'm glad I never gave a shit

Why did so many people WANT her to be a Skywalker then screech about redundancy? Let this just be some new entity. It's fine. She's an orphan that space magic darted to.

Rey is the protagonist of Nu SW not Kylo. Get this on your head y'all.

>IMDB reviews
Might as well post CNN.

And like snoke, the new republic, and other plot holes in the story, we get no context as to how it works and why it matters.

This is not good writing no matter how many excuses you make, Rey will never be interesting as a character by herself. You will see in the vast majority of critique, her best moments are when she is forced to interact with other more interesting characters.

>its now confirmed
because Kylo said it? man you don't think in the next one we find out that Kylo was lying?

Not 'by the Force'. By 'by force'. As in his mother is a slave and he's a rape baby.

Cause they want to be mad no matter what. They just want to bitch about everything because this is Sup Forums.

Rey could have straight up get her ass kicked by Kylo, and they'd still call her a Mary Sue.

We dont even get that. In fact the closest thing that explains anything is the force bond with her and Kylo, which in my opinion should have been the focus of the movie.

That's just some flimsy explanation to address Rey beating his ass in TFA.

>She knew how to fend for herself with a staff
>She is capable with a lightsaber
Why is this such an asinine connection? I'm pretty sure if this tech popped up outta nowhere, martial artists have no problem adapting.

At this point, who the fuck could the parent be?
-Luke didn't have kids and probably would have recognized that maybe she would be his if he DID have a child.
-Han and Leia only had Ben.
-Obi Wan is way too old to possibly be her parent.

Who is left? Shit, her flashbacks even had her being left behind by her parents. That's enough explanation there.

yfw snoke is not dead, he really was plageous all along and will bring himself back to life, again
yfw the sith will triumph in the last movie, it goes sith, jedi, sith
yfw the writers are trying to undo the prequels and notion that the force runs through bloodlines because they're still butthurt about mediclorians
yfw they wrote the movie to have the most shocking twist: in other words, the opposite of what everyone guessed, in other words: nothing, because the internet guessed everything

Thats what Kylo told her so we dont know 100% if this is true. he may have said that to weaken her so she would join him

Because "staff and lightsaber aren't the same thing bullshit bullshit bullshit".

Rey's parentage or justification for being overpowered never really mattered to whether she was essentially a Mary Sue. That shouldn't have been accepted as an argument in the first place.

Too lazy to read the thread but

Rey Palpatine ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Would be an alright and somewhat welcome choice, given the now fewer choices at hand

Also it would explain how she seems to be so grumpy sometimes, always makes that face she's making in the OP picture, and how she's just slightly evilish, Idk

Except Rey is never described as being born from the force. As far as we can tell, she's born to completely normal people.

Plus, she would need training to be powerful even if she was sired by the force. Anakin was only roughly at Rey's level after 10+ years of training and 3 years of experience in a galactic war.

The problem isn't that she's a prodigy. The problem is that other prodigies in the series pale to her even though they trained magnitudes longer. Further, the problem is that she seemingly is written without character flaws or any room whatsoever for a true arc. What's at issue is garbage storytelling.

Rey as the most powerful Jedi ever in Episode IX? Okay, but make her work for it like any other protagonist would.

Even if they explain her as the force personified in E9, it doesn't change the fact that she's the most boring and stagnant character of TFA and TLJ. This trilogy is already sunk.

>believing kylo ren
Come on OP

Look up "force bonds". Literally the only explanation the movie gives is that when Kylo tried to interrogate her in TFA he accidentally made a bond that let her see his thoughts and share his powers. This freaked out Luke who saw the darkside in her but also later allowed Kylo break his control from snoke and go good-guy to kill Snoke.

It works both ways, and he sees her memories of when she got abandoned.

She herself says "they were nobody" and he implies she tried to block it out. It's true.

She saw her answer in the bottom of the pool.
That was why she said she never felt more alone afterwards. She was in denial.

>there are Rey defenders in this thread

When did Sup Forums get invaded by reddit?

>Snoke literally said he connected Darth Schoolshooter with Rey by using the force
I am no expert but isn't that supposed to be extremely difficult? And why didn't he connect himself with Rey?
Is Star Wars going down the Dragonball route and just have people do more and more powerful force stuff as the series goes on?

Reymperor Poopatine!

Where the Fuck did Smoke even come from? This Super powerful Fucking Sith Lord?

You never watched the movie. Stop. Literally, everything you just said was wrong.

>And why didn't he connect himself with Rey?
Cause Rey will only just shut him out. What does he gain from connecting to Rey? Mindtricks don't work. You can't see anything but the person herself. Snoke wanted to ruse Rey and used Kylo to do so.

Anakin = no father
Rey = no father + no mother

Both of her parents were 'the force', she's twice as much Jesus-like

>Why is this such an asinine connection?
Because there's a difference between using a two handed and one handed weapon. And between using a weapon that you can freely spin around without injury, and one where 90% of the weapon will chop your arm off if you move it wrong. It would have at least made a bit of sense, if they'd given her a Darth Maul style double saber.

>Rey I can tell you who your parents are
>or why Kylo joined me
>or I could find out where you are since I am pretty good at the Force and because I am looking for Luke
Palpatine would spin in his grave if he saw this.

Rey would be fucking ancient in age. I say that not as an actual canon representation of Palpy's age.

And none of that would work because its Snoke. Rey only gave in to the RUSE because she believed Kylo could still be saved.

user had the right idea

He's not a Sith. He is from the unknown regions of the Galaxy. That's all we know for now.

How? I can also link you the script i posted in another thread.

Shut up faggot. There is literally no way to defend this. The character is a mary sue plain and simple.

Anakin = No father seems to exist as mother seems to have given birth by sheer miracle, like Jesus.
Rey = Father and mother existed, but abandoned her.

You are incorrect.

>people still think Rey is some how strong
She "beat" Kylo in TFA because he was mad/sad about killing Han and Snoke gave him shit for that in this one, then when we see them both fight it's pretty clearly Kylo is a way better than Rey, he was taking on three guys at once where she struggled with one. All she did in this was move some boulders.

Kylo Ren is too much of a bitch ass faggot to be the main villain, I hope Snoke is not dead.

>Kylo could still be saved
>"You're a monster"- Rey, while talking to Kylo
Bravo

Snoke said the dark side rises and the light would rise to meet it. He thought it was Skywalker, it was Rey.
Snoke said he was the one who bonded Rey and Kylo to trick Rey.
Kylo never once broke control and went good guy to save Snoke. He always wanted to kill him and take over.

>"I said mary sue therefore I win lmao"
You're the faggot here fucko.

That was what the character herself said to Luke. Don't shoot the messenger. Blame the plot for being shit.

Why isn't there a sticky? Spoilers are flying everywhere

Are you forgetting they were equalling powerful in the Force when they pulled the saber? Difference is Kylo has been training for years, while Rey has known about the Force for 2 DAYS.

Not to mention that Kylo was getting chocked out and had to be saved by Rey.

kylo also got shot in TFA.

It's so funny because at one point she just randomly swings her saber around and has no idea what she's doing and he's also distracted while taking on EVERYONE ELSE because he was checking on her making sure she was okay with the one guy she was struggling with.

Nah mate. Being dumbfounded at Anakin's crazy power is understandable on the first watch through, but then throw in a shitty allegory and made him Force Jesus. She doesn't have that, it's just, well I guess fate or whatever Lol? Maybe they can day the force entrusted her with this power but that only weakens the force. Like what, some mysterious powerful entity can do all this but can't give god like powers to the right person even once?

So she's a grey jedi like Kyle Katarn?

Who cares, its Star wars. We'll be back to dick pics soon enough, but for now I'm just happy most of the board is on topic for a change.

Yeah he got choked out after shitting on everyone meanwhile she barely held her own against two guys and how did she save him? By throwing him a lightsaber. Oooh, so powerful.

So they basically made live action Korra. Is genuinely superpowered instead of having to learn a damn thing.

No.

Speaking of Luke, how did Snoke, a Sith Lord, get in contact with Kylo anyway?

Probably via the mental bridge shit that he pulled with Rey and Kylo

>Are you forgetting they were equally powerful in the Force
Are you forgetting that Kylo was injured and on full tilt from killing his father?

>Not to mention Kylo was getting chocked out
After dealing with a fight of 1v3 and the last surviving guard getting the upper hand, after he had butchered the other two. Rey fought her guard like a rookie.

>She once more experiences no growth as a character
Well thats because a lot of other useless shit is going on
Tell me though, what growth did the other characters go through in the original movies?

So luke died out of exhaustion? At least I should thank Disney, I won't waste any of my time on a dead franchise anymore.

What do you mean no? Kyle Katarn had both light and dark powers.

It's not a binary thing. You can do both.

dont believe Kylo's lies

>vox pop whose repeated attendances make / break films
>much fake news

go back to your dotard's echo chamber, zionist fellating, cut cock cunt

Kyle Katarn isn't canon.

>believing the pool
Come on user

Who cares. It's a children's film

lazy generic film making has nothing to do with a characters gender

Kylo wasn't lying. Rey saw it herself in the cavern. Why the fuck do you think she said what she said afterwards about being alone?

>Believing anything at all
You are going to be surprised when Episode 9 happens and it is literally nothing. Idiot. Just like Snoke's origin.

Finn went from full coward to less coward, where in this movie, Finn went from less coward to full on hero.

Poe didn't get much development in the first movie because they had originally planned to kill him off. Now, he's slowly learning how to become the leader of the resistance, which is why Leia (his mentor) is still alive.

You mean the one which didn't let him see it coming that Kylo wants to cut him in half?
He should be glad Kylo didn't become a paragon of the light side, then.

And even then after 10 years he was kind of a shit jedi and not great in a fight