Please tell me that I am not the only person who fucking hates this movie?

Please tell me that I am not the only person who fucking hates this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GCSvj92qI2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=DsDtND60qB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/GCSvj92qI2Y

Saw it
Realized it had nothing to do with the franchise

It's just a triumph of the will wannabe. At least I'm sure it saved some younglings from joining radical fanatics.

You and every other RLM parrot have made that abundantly clear. Stop spamming Sup Forums with your garbage space shit.

it's garbage but it's literally the best modern star wars movie

youtube.com/watch?v=DsDtND60qB8

Didn't like it. I only like lightsabers movies

I fucking hate RLM. Shut the fuck up.

its the only star wars I like without an asterisk

I had forgotten it even exists.

I got bored about 30 minutes into it. Told a girl in my class that and she said she did too.

It’s literally “Oh yeah, that happened”: The Movie.
Forgettable trash

I like it, better than TFA and TLJ by a lot. Probably 5th best star wars flick.

probably the most expensive youtube fan film
but can all of Sup Forums agree bunnyfu was the only good thing in the movie?

If you hate them so much why do you invite their fans to shitpost on Sup Forums even more? You fuck off with your millionth SW thread you retarded faggot.

It's the most competent Star Wars film outside of the original trilogy. 5/10

It is hardly a top film. Character development was most definitely the poorest aspect.

However, of the entire Star Wars franchise, including episodes 4,5,6 which are lauded by nostalgiafags who fail to see past their shit covered eyes to see a poorly aged film series, it is the better one. It introduces a moral grey area in to what a franchise that is a cliche good vs evil story. It has cool and likeable characters. It has laser and space battles that are thoroughly enjoyable. It does not pull punches with how it ended and gave the meaning behind true sacrifice.

If you seriously consider it shit and still laud the old 4, 5, 6 franchise, I consider you a normie shitter that probably also likes Transformers and The Need for Speed franchise. Off yourself.

After a rewatch, the first 2 thirds is really quite boring and drags, with the exception of Krennic/Tarkin scenes. And only gets good from ARE WE BLIIIIIND...

Nah there are plenty of idiots on this planet

because it's easy to bring them then talk about rlm buying stuff ironically for the nerd crew videos

>good guy held at gunpoint
>bad guy gets shot by someone off screen

No, it's really fucking dull and despite the enjoyable space battle has the WORST ending shot in star wars

All good points.
When Jedha is destroyed and we hear the message from Mads at the same time, that was a really beautiful moment. I could be biased, His delivery and Felicity's reaction were fantastic though

it's not great but it's not really worth "hating", either. it's got some nice photography anyway

4 and 5 are amazing bro. 4 in particular will be a great film for all ages until the end of time even if everyone forgets all about the rest of the series IMO... RO just had too many shitty scenes for me to put it above 4 and 5, the confused mess on the rain planet in the middle, the stupid Vader scene that they shoved in the middle (he should have just appeared at the end as a surprise, imagine). the characters are really underdeveloped which doesn't necessarily make a movie bad but I think it would have helped RO. also LOGH is the GOAT

Mads and Felicity are definitely the best performances in the movie, I went in hyped for Forest Whitaker and then lo and behold they didn't even use him

why is bunnyfu's face so wrinkly?

Prequels inherently come with one major handicap that needs to be counterbalanced: nobody gives a flying fuck about something they know how it ends. You have to give them memorable characters to care for as they do what you know they're going to.

The PT and Hobbit did the same thing: they took material for one movie and stretched it over three to sell a gazillion dollars ripping off mongoloids. And even then, the PT could have worked well had it had interesting characters and a cohesive Anakin's downfall. It didn't.

RO was a straight-to-dvd movie marketed properly for the general audience, it wasn't offensive so that's why people elevate it above so many titles. To say it's better than 4-to-6 is insanity though. It's barely a bit better than EP3 and only because they did fuck-all with the characters, so of course they didn't fuck them up.

It's literally the only nu-SW film that people will remember in 10 years. No one honestly thinks Solo will be any good, do they? The sequel trilogy is already sunk. Stick a fork in this franchise.

People will literally only remember the Darth Vader scenes and nothing else
>oh man did you remember when that boogali mind raped that guy that was classic star wars stuff

In the case of the hobbit, it wasn't supposed to be treated as an actual prequel. The novel certainly wasn't written to be one. Putting any focus on elements of what comes after was a guaranteed formula for failure.

Maybe in your case. I'm not impressed by le edgy bullshit. The third act was enjoyable all around.

It was much better than those retarded TFA and TLJ

It was made to cover up a plot hole that never existed

Mid-30's and English. Go figure.

Boring and lame.
Big SW Fan here, but this Flick kinda sucks.
Im with you, OP.

I've only ever watched it twice. It's flawed and not a great movie overall, but it was fun at the time.

I've long accepted that SW movies are bad, and probably only going to get worse. But they're like all big budget movies now, no real purpose, no story line, plot holes out the ass etc.
They're meant as popcorn flicks with heavy doses of nostalgia these days. Don't treat them as anything other than that.

It's an extrimely boring movie with characters with straight up nonexistent personality
Also Felicity Jones face is outright revolting, she looks like 40 years old rodent and I am 100% sure that those fucks who pretend to waifu her are memeing

I met her a few years ago. She's alright, but unremarkable and not someone you'd give a second look to otherwise.

Compared to TLJ it's a fucking masterpiece.

I wish contrarian retards could be killed freely like the vermin you are

I couldn't even finish it. What a boring, uninspired and BORING piece of shit. It completely lacked any structure, they just went to planet, shot some dudes, went to next planet, shot some more dudes. By god, what a terrible movie. I fucking despise this movie and everyone who felt this was"so cool man".

t. sergeant of 36th Disney "Sup Forums shills" task force

I couldn't possibly feel strongly enough about it to hate it, it was just utterly bland and forgettable. I literally can't remember any of the new characters' names

It is indeed fucking garbage.

it's was mostly boring and uninspired for the first half, but the last hour redeemed it for me

Terrible characters but good visuals

the girls face pissed me off and the spic dude was unnecessary

No, I really didn't like it. The cast is really bad especially that lisping faggot and that lead female character can be included in the long list of utterly pointless and shit female characters.

It was bretty good. 7/10 at least. Lightyears ahead of TLJ

nope, me too. awfully written crap.

it was really boring and has so many pointless scenes and characters but contrarians on here love it since it got mediocre reviews

it's okay to be a pleb OP

only SW fanboys and nerds liked it

the scene with vader is good.
explosions are good.
the rest is forgettable shit

You mean Ip man in Space:

Propaganda Vector to introduce Multicukturalism and anti white male sentiment to china

Holy shit, at least everyone died at the end.

raises some good points but way too much nickpicking about nothing

>Introduces a moral grey area
No it doesn't. It introduces characters unable to function with purpose or behave on a socially fundamental level.
>laser and space battles that are thoroughly enjoyable
You're so pathetically normie too holy shit
>true sacrifice
The movie is written in a way where the impossible seemed inevitable, not impossible seemed possible.

The last act was one of the most Kino battles in all of Star Wars.

And while people may laud the story and characters as boring, at least the movie didn't disregard shit on the universe like the Sequel trilogy has. In fact, Rogue One enhanced it in some ways.

I loved that it canonized Y-Wings with Ion cannons, canonized the Hammerhead, gave the Rebels their own transport ship with the U-Wing, and even introduced a reasonable explanation as to why the Rebel fleet was not present in A New Hope as the result of the Battle of Scarif. But most importantly, it connected to the Star Wars series as a whole by not only leading up to A New Hope, but also having small callbacks to the prequels like having Vader's castle on Mustafar, cameo of the Clone turbo tank, Bail Organa's cameo, and the flashback on Coruscant to show that the Prequels did in fact exist. Gareth Edwards knew his shit on Star Wars lore and respected it unlike what happened with the Sequel Trilogy.

I watched it again last night and I hated it just as much. It was fun right up until they meet that Saul Guevarra character played by Forest Whittacker(not the bald, younger version).
I thought it was tasteless (Iraq style insurgent fighting with stormtroopers? really?), they tried way too hard with the blue milk/betterwatchyourself nostalgia, and the plot was simply unnecessary to tell the story of stealing Death Star plans. Plus the blind monk was completely out of place.
But Whittacker's whiney acting was some of the worst I've ever seen in a SW film.