rip

>5.4

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Good night, sweet prince

They fucked up big time

THEY DELETING THE BAD SCORES LOOK AT THE RATINGS NOW

the salt behind this entire movie's reception is gonna well with some popcorn

Yes. YES.

On the bright side, maybe the people so hugely disappointed with every failed attempt to make even one other good star wars movie will come together and make a school / science of moviemaking

In moviemaking science class, one will apply the FUCKING BASIC PRINCIPLES OF STORYTELLING to an indepth study of the step by step practices of any given great classic film or saga,
and then,
when making the movie,
they will do THAT.

After reading that faggot from my country who gave 10 points I am ashamed that I am hungarian.

This is only the beginning. As normie oldfags begin to watch this thing the user scores are going to plummet. PLUMMET.

Fuck, just read the username.

I like how nearly all of the 10s are of the "Me love movie long time! Actors beautiful; Want see movie again and you must to as son as posible!

Also, the Disney™ talking point of the day: "trying new things and taking risks".

This movie hurt my soul. I left feeling depressed and empty inside. Star Wars is a fucking lifeless corpse of a franchise now.

It's not realistic to give even a shitty movie like this one a 0 rating review.
Even the biggest pile of shit can be given 1-3.

NOT EVEN STAR WARS IS SAFE.

I hope this next Billion Dollars tastes like ashes

The fact that Star Wars fans are angry about it is the one thing that makes me hopeful that I'm gonna enjoy it.

How long until we get those headlines?

>White Supremacist Trump Supporting Gamergaters are trolling the Star Wars Last Jedi Ratings for being Diverse

You should be ashamed of being Hungarian anyway.

buzzfeed journalist here thanks for finding my title for me

this tbqh

I'm sure it's rather meant to counteract the glowing reviews by uncritical retards
There are like 7 Transformers movies out there, after all

A Woman saves the day in Star Wars and it's Badass

Why are normies hating on this so hard?

I'm legitimately confused as to how they can praise TFA and hate this one.

What if the profit isn't the movie but the popcorn sales to watch the drama afterwards?

the fact that you didn't realise this as soon as TFA came out is why you're part of the problem

There's also no reason for any Star Wars film to receive a 10. If the scale's that fucked, it can get a zero.

I must know, what is this actually from?

He's dead, Jim.

this also perplexes me, if i were to guess i'd say they made a gross mess out of trying to be formulaic and unique at the same time and it didn't trick the normie psyche well enough

Fair enough.

This, but has a point too.

This movie is a solid 4-6. People who rate is 1/10 "worst movie ever created" are just as stupid as the people who give it 10/10 "literally perfect"

Fucking accurate.

AND I'M FLOATING IN A MOST-AH PECULIAH WAH-HAY

It shat on Luke. It deserves a 0

>It's not realistic to give even a shitty movie like this one a 0 rating review.
IT'S BECAUSE NUMERICAL SCORES ARE FUCKING USELESS

How can you give a score without a scale, rule or principle? When you're graded in school it's based on number of mistakes made / goals accomplished, not some vague feeling. Most people when they consume entertainment basically think binarily (liked it / didn't like it) that's why you see all these 10s and 0s. Because what the fuck is actual difference between a 5 and a 6? How do you determine what is a 8? Oh I liked it slightly more? But what if your gradation of slightly more is different from another guy's? How does averaging a bunch of meaningless numbers make a legitimate number? It doesn't.

Metascore and RT are the most useless estimate of anything and people who give any attention to those meaningless numbers are brainlets.

This. This whole post.

Type "Look at this dude" on Youtube

But the industry itself is driven by those numbers, because they apply to even the most braindead retards that can sit in front of a screen for 2 hours at a time that then take their meaningless comments online.
It's a flawed system that is easily exploitable.

>hahaha this movie sucked I wish it goes down the drain.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys people worked on it for years and it is livelihood of several people.
You are being happy about destruction of careers of several hundred people just because you don't like the mouse.

>when you're graded in school
I fucking wish, I'm pretty sure my professor just skims my work, says 'I'm feeling a strong 5 to light 6' on this one and then refuses to give further feedback.

I'm sure deputy B-roll crew janitor assistant #3458 will be very upset

The people who worked on it got paid a salary. They don't make a single extra cent if it performs well.

>joseph gordon levitt
he's in this?

That's your fault for taking a humanities course.

Nice cherry picking. The film has been universally acclaimed.

yea and if the movie fails he will not get anothe chance to make it .

HEEEEEEEEEEERE AM I FLOATING TOWARD MY TIN CAN

FORGEEEEEEEEET ABOUT AKBAR

GREEN MILK ONCE WAS BLUE

THIS FRANCHISE SOURED, HOW BOUT YOU?

If you had a brain you could see TFA was a piece of shit on your first time watching it. But for a lot of people it took them a year to realise how bad it was. I think those same people are the ones (rightfully) tearing down TLJ immediately. They've dropped all pretence from the get-go and are engaging a bit more in critical thinking.

Weak bait user

lmao that false equivalency.

Hating on something mediocre while unnecessary, and a waste of valuable time, is infinitely more tolerable than praising something mediocre. One makes you appear to have issues and the other renders your opinion invalid and calls into question your intelligence.

Also
>no NO! your opinions are all wrong! Mine is right and everyone else is stupid

You realize that most normal people who work on movie sets don't rely on one franchise, right?

Movie was good except for forced Luke suicide

Because TFA was just a ripoff. It was harmless, just unoriginal. This one straight up pissed in fans' faces.

This will still make 1.5bn right?

TFA was a bad movie because the two main characters were terrible and the story was completely stolen from the OT. But ignoring that it wasn't THAT bad.

This is an embarrassment.

>project they worked on failed.
>thinks they will get hired again.

God, had to make an account just to review this movie. Simply put, sometimes things being straightforward is good. I felt like every moment in this movie was some sort of dumb twist, but dumb in the fact that it never changed anything. Oh look the bad guy is the good guy, just kidding theyre still the bad guy!! Not to mention all the extra fluff characters that didn't need to be introduced, like purple hair girl, and Asian girl who had a hard life and doesnt like rich things.

99% of the drama was created just by the main characters fucking up, so when things get resolved, you don't feel like they accomplished anything.
The only interesting character was Luke with Rey and Kylo kind of being okay.
But they just shit all over Lukes story with the piss poor resolution.

Not to mention that this movie hardly progresses the story in anyway. You could just go from the end of episode 7 directly to the end of episode 8, and the main characters are pretty much in the same position they started.

God. There were some really good moments in the movie to, but they were just eclipsed by how anticlimatic the story felt.

By dubious critics who were never going to criticise a mouse project when they were on the eve of absorbing another major studio. Shit on Disney and you're off the list. These critics were all told by their bosses to come up with a positive review. No outlet wants to be on the outside looking in as Disney absorb all of Hollywood and consolidate even more power.

Bait but, point to a single person involved in this movie I wouldn't like to see lose money please. (Except maybe Mark, but this wasn't his fault).

I really don't know. I think they might just be mad that the stupid plot twists didn't turn out the way they wanted (i.e. Rey and Kylo are siblings, or Rey is Luke's daughter, etc). If they had gone with a boring twist those people would probably be praising it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0

This was better than TFA.

I fucking hated the kylo is a good guy jk double twist. What was the point.

It’s no 0 worthy. It’s like a 5 or a 6. It’s a shit film but an enjoyable flick. Worth the first watch but is not going to be fondly remembered for all time.

Do you think this is the movie that will finally result in an inquisition into the movie reviewing business? There is clearly something amiss

I just realized the ENTIRE Fin-Rose side plot was absolutely unnecessary as they didn't even achieve their goal in the end with the mission to Monaco-planet.

yeah, they're all illiterate simpletons
they are probably pedos they hired to work at disneyland

nah

maybe if you had waited and seen all the credits and names you'd know.

Post some.

This. Movie wasn't great, but I had fun for fhe most part. End fucking ruined it, won't even bother with 9.

You haven't yet noticed that Finn is a completely redundant character? He hasn't done anything in either movie.

The whole stuff with Finn and that asian chick could have been left out and it wouldn't have changed the movie at all.
Also, what kind of leader do you have to be not to share the plan that saves everybody? I mean at the latest you should do so during a fucking mutiny.

I didn't enjoy it so I'm going to rate it a zero. It felt like a waste of my time and I actually felt a little angry when I left the cinema, which is the opposite of what I paid for

that's some good salt.
pass it around boys
>inb4 no png
too much salt to contain, literally

>posting movie clip which is only in theatres right now.
how can you be this retarded?

>Sup Forums manbabies spamming fake negative reviews to take a screenshot and show their only friends on an anonymous image board
You’re pathetic lmao

>hey thompson! you're fired, TLJ was a complete travesty
>There now that the craft service table is restocked by a different guy surely the next movie will be better

COME ON DOWN BRAINLET #471298! YOU'RE TONIGHTS CONTESTANT ON BIGGEST BRAINLET!

ONLY ON FAAAAAAWKSS

>this movie was fun
>but I also have no more urge to consume SW media

that means it was a colossal failure lad.

I mean counting all the retarded euro's and merilards is probably at least making their money back. throw in the gooks and you're probably not far off.

Easy on the buzzwords, Sup Forumsbaby

Made a RT account just to shit on this tripe.

Nah. Not colossal. Fun to watch once.

not as pathetic as this shill

metacritic.com/user/EpicLadySponge

EpicLadySpongeDec 15, 2017
Once again, Star Wars: The Last Jedi manages to bring back everything that made its predecessor worth seeing. It was worth all the hype it deserves which makes it another one of the best of this year and the only movie with such a score… Expand
19 of 42 users found this helpful1923

and over at rottentomatoes

rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi#audience_reviews

Once again, Star Wars: The Last Jedi manages to bring back everything that made its predecessor worth seeing. It was worth all the hype it deserves which makes it another one of the best of this year and the only movie with such a score automatically makes this one of the best films of this year in my opinion. What makes this film truly deserves the score are the surprises it gives us. Like literally, they are completely unexpected and aren't forced onto the film unlike every other film that were released this year I see as a joke. To tell what it attempts to do is completely difficult to say in a couple of words because they keep changing as the film progresses to its end and I got to say, it was worth waiting for another great film of this year.
EpicLadySponge the Adventurer

Super Reviewer

It’s not normies, it’s manbabies from this board, dumbo

EVEN THE NORMIES HATE IT

You know credits are public right? And that there's camcordings all over the place you could get them from if you wanted.

Did you see some names or not? Sounds like you're making shit up.

if people are going to vote 10, I'm voting 0 to cancel it out

and yet it will make 5 billion at the box office and another 10 billion through streaming and dvd/bluray sales.
people do love to eat shit.

Good that you admitted information is public, since you know where to find it. You know what names i'm talking about.

>The story and the plot twists are very surprising.

Yes, nonsensical things tend to be unexpected.

Disney will just say the have taken heed of the fans complaints and promise the next one will be great. Despite Disney wars being as bad as the prequels.

You both are pathetic.
This movie is a solid 5.
Wanking over fake reviews on both ends of the spectrum and posting about it with „OH NONONONONONO INHALES“ or „SHILLS BTFO SW IS GREAT“ is pathetic as all hell and you should really reevaluate your life if you genuinely enjoy this.

No. I'm saying I don't think there's a single person involved in this that I not only wouldn't care if lost money, but would probably actively enjoy them doing so. You're saying differently, show me one person (not Mark) user.

>the director writes the script
t. Retard

legitimately kill yourself nigger.

JUST