A Challenge

>Name one major mistake this protagonist makes, acknowledges and grows from in either of her two films.
>Name one major character flaw this protagonist consciously struggles against.

Having a British accent

>cast ugly bong as first jedi female
nah man, i'm out

>Name one major mistake this protagonist makes, acknowledges and grows from in either of her two films.
Selling her soul to disney
She's a woman

Your mom

TFA: fucking nothing

TLJ:
>being overconfident ala Luke and rushing in to 'save' Kylo which would have gotten her killed were it not for Kylo
>Her inability to rationalise that she was a nobody and her parents aren't coming back, which she resolves by the end of the film by confronting her fears

Not selling the fucking cuckball the moment she first sees it

>>Name one major mistake this protagonist makes, acknowledges and grows from in either of her two films.
trusting Kylo Ren

>>Name one major character flaw this protagonist consciously struggles against.
MUH PARENTS. I think this wasn't in TFA.

Lmao, i love the attempt from the director to frame Rey disobeying Luke when she goes after Kylo as heroic. It was framed as heroic, where in any non-SJW movie disobeying the master results in scolding and punishment from the master.

>where in any non-SJW movie disobeying the master results in scolding and punishment
The absolute state of the alt reddit

it wasn't heroic though, it was impetuous.

did you even watch the movie?
it is made abundantly clear that Rey fucked up there.
Why the fuck do you think they had Kylo attack the resistance right after?
Jesus christ you are so stupid its actually shocking.

Wow dude, nice argument, it’s almost like you’re deflecting!

When she went to rescue Kylo, literally nothing positive came out of it, Kylo ascended to leader of the first order, and she was never scolded or reprimanded for her actions.

>which would have gotten her killed were it not for Kylo
Soooo... She was right about Kylo and stinky old hermit was wrong? Her dumbass has plan literally worked

I haven't watched the shitty movie. I didn't argue about the movie but the brain damage necessary to produce a sentence like
>where in any non-SJW movie disobeying the master results in scolding and punishment
unironically

Yeah it was clear to the audience retard but she never once got scolded by an authority for doing that. Literally kys. In any non-sjw movie she would have been reprimanded by an authority figure but nobody talks down to muh stronk women

>never scolded or reprimanded
oh my god i want to fucking kill myself.
How dense are you? At what point was this scolding supposed to happen? She realized she fucked up all on her own and thats why she didnt go with Kylo. Were you expecting her to just go back to luke like "well darn i guess i was wrong XD"?
And if thats the case, why the fuck would anyone write something so stupid? It wouldnt make any sense for Luke to interact with her after she left because he's on another god damn planet, and when he force projects himself to Crait Rey is flying around trying to fix her mistake.

You have no argument so you’re criticizing my grammar while I post at 4:46AM on no sleep.

Literally, you have no argument.

Literally.

so you unironically wanted the entire plot of the film come to a screeching halt for a contrived scene of luke saying "oh geez rey you really shouldnt have done that" even though its already plainly fucking obvious to literally everyone but you?
Fuckin hell i know this place is full of idiots but you took retardation to an abysmal new low.

That’s the point of a student-teacher relationship you fucking retard. It’s called feedback and it helps character development and to make it seem like they actually had a relationship.

You’re a dumbass. There was no teacher student relationship to be found in this movie. Your only argument is “this is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard” said 30 different ways.

>literally everybody in the movie fucks up at least once
>except for maRey :^[)

I'm not criticising your grammar nor am I arguing what Rey did or did not.
I am mocking that you are triggered that the movie didn't include a 10 minute Luke whining over Rey leaving scene which mirrors Luke leaving who neither got scolded for it and then have the audacity to write
>Literally kys. In any non-sjw movie she would have been reprimanded by an authority figure but nobody talks down to muh stronk women

So either we pretend the 6 gorillion movies where the protag saves the day by not listening to his master don't exist or we assume the person who uses the term SJW-movie unironically is complaining about her gender not her actions showing exactly the attitude he criticised in others

ok so you do want Rey to go back and talk to Luke about it then.
What point does that serve? all it does is reiterate something that is clear as day to, again, literally everyone but drooling retards like you.
what the hell are you talking about? You just said that the whole point of your argument was thats how a student teacher relationship should work and now you're saying it doesnt exist? If it doesnt exist at all then what even is your problem with it?

The fact is that it would be totally useless for Luke to talk to her about it because she already knows. Even then Luke would never get the chance. I dont know if you just taped your eyes and ears shut for every other part of the movie but time was a pretty god damn important factor in Lukes decision to show up on Crait with force projection, making it even more clear how stupid it would have been to take time out of that to wag his finger at Rey.

It just totally amazes me how you cannot grasp something so simple. For fucks sake you havent even made one coherent counter argument

>trusting Kylo Ren
I haven't watched the movie so I might be wrong but doesn't he kill Snoke to save her life? Seems to me that trust wasn't misplaced.

>MUH PARENTS. I think this wasn't in TFA.
How exactly is that a character flaw?

Wow, you are so retarded, i can’t even.

Did Rey save the day? No?

Shut the fuck up.

Being ugly

he didnt kill Snoke to save her, he killed Snoke to try and convince her to join him.
That didnt work so he tried to kill her and all of her friends almost immediatley after.

>How exactly is that a character flaw?
She lacked the courage to let go.

Dude you’re literally retarded and conflating things I haven’t even said into multiple paragraphs. I’m out.

I feel like Tucker Carlson when he interviewed the hentai guy.
You're on another level of stupid that i clearly cant even understand.
I commend you for discovering depths of human idiocy previously thought impossible to reach.

what mistakes does luke skywalker make

Rey believed that Kylo can be turned back to the light. they've been communicating through the Force and she saw goodness still in his future. unfortunately, after the business with Snoke and his bodyguards was settled, he wanted to rule the galaxy in Snoke's stead and kill everyone.

it broke her heart because he was going down a path she can't follow.

She wastes time talking to Luke when she could've been out there saving the day.

failing Ben. he had a brief moment of weakness when he almost struck Ben down because he feared the darkness he saw within the boy as a result of Snoke's corruption.

Dude you have no argument. Reinforcing positive actions and scolding negative ones is how student-mentor relationships work. You’re trying to argue like that’s not a tried and true fact and defending this shitty movie. Seriously, kill yourself. You’re probably 400lbs.

But what about OT Luke? When he was young?

i just dont get it.
Its so simple.
>BUT MUH STUDENT TEACHER RELATIONSHIP
1. You already said they didnt have this relationship at all
2. Whether they do or do not isnt even relevant

Regardless of whether Rey deserves scolding or praise Luke couldnt give it to her because he had to focus on saving the fucking resistance.
I am forced to believe you havent even seen the movie if you cant understand that.
He was a little fucking busy distracting Kylo Ren and force projecting himself across the fucking galaxy so he couldnt talk to Rey.

Besides, he scolds plenty earlier on. He laid into her about not even trying to resist the call of the dark side during her first meditation session.
Are you blind, deaf, retarded, or all three?

Doesn't listen to Yoda, goes straight to Vader's trap and gets his hand chopped off.
It's almost as you guys just come to this board to complain about movies you haven't seen.

I see. So do they actually fight and he actually attempts to kill her or do they just part ways amicably?

I'm assuming she was abandoned by her parents in which case having difficulty to cope with that wouldn't be a flaw. Especially not if it doesn't interfere with your decisions. At any rate I find it telling that this is what you would come up with as a weakness.

That sounds vaguely familiar. Did it take place on a planet with volcanic activity by any chance?

>That sounds vaguely familiar. Did it take place on a planet with volcanic activity by any chance?
it took place on Snoke's mothership, in his throne room to be exact.

gets rused by Snoke into being captured
being drawn to the dark side because of anger over her childhood

it is not an amicable departure.
Its almost mournful in a way, like Rey clearly regrets her decision but you can tell she sincerely believed she could turn Kylo.

>Especially not if it doesn't interfere with your decisions
It did, there's a whole montage about her being prone to the dark side because she wanted to know the truth.
>I see. So do they actually fight and he actually attempts to kill her or do they just part ways amicably?
They force-pull the only available light-saber at the same time for a long time, they break it apart just in the right moment when the ship explodes, Kylo is left unconscious while Rey escapes.

its jedina now

>luke had to focus on saving the resistance

>resistance literally buttfucked when he arrives

You’re just an idiot, this is a thread about Rey’s flaws. This is just another example where she gets off scot free with no character development. Jedi can literally communicate with their minds. Don’t tell me Luke couldn’t have criticized her for more character development with a 30 second scene in an even trade for less of the pink haired bitch you literal retard.

holy fuck i cant even believe it. You're trying to make an argument about a movie you havent even watched.
The resistance was fucked before he arrived for sure, but he got there literally for the sole purpose of saving the survivors. Its fucking astounding to me that you dont get that.
>Luke couldnt have criticized her
yes jedi can communicate with their minds but they cant also magically see exactly whats happening all the time.
Force projecting clearly takes a lot of energy and power to prepare, since it fucking killed him in the end, so no he couldnt have spared that time.
>gets off scott free
yeah i guess getting thrown the fuck around by Snoke like a rag doll and being forced on the run by a murderous madman who essentially runs the galaxy now basically because of her isnt good enough for you though.
Cry more

she got cucked by the yellow bitch
even with the slanty being as frumpy and unattractive as one could possibly imagine

no bbc for her
only twc

and lets be real here. the only thing that would really satisfy you is if she died or something like that because the only thing that motivates your argument, which is on every single level fundamentally flawed, is your hatred of the fact that the main character is a girl.

Thank you all for the explanations. I'm still reserved about the character especially because I was hoping they would explain her abilities through heritage in the absence of meaningful training which allegedly did not occur but at least she isn't flawless. Her and Kylo were the main factors of why I seriously disliked TFA, it seems they improved on them slightly.

Luke is a whiny farmboy with little sense of purpose in ANH. In ESB, he's arrogant and brash --- his impatience toward Yoda leads to harsh lessons, culminating in his defeat on Bespin. In ROTJ, he's hesitant to do what is necessary to truly become a Jedi. That is, to defeat Vader. He fails at times to contain his rage, and this results in his final outburst where he slashes one of Vader's hand off.

True, his flaws are more driven by unhinged passion than by obvious selfishness, but he still has an obvious journey across the films. Look at Luke in ROTJ versus ANH and you'll see a very different character...

... which makes it all the more inept that Luke would regress into a petty manchild hermit who treats a polite stranger --- much less his friends --- as if they are garbage.

the movie isnt great, but its not bad either.
It certainly isnt as dissapointing as TFA, and The Last Jedi actually does do a good job fixing some of the problems TFA left.
I hated TFA too but i really enjoyed TLJ.
nah dude. Reylo is dead after this movie. Finn is gonna kick that mongoloid to the curb now that Rey is back in the picture.

Honestly though i hope she doesnt end up with anyone. It'd be nice to have a female hero without a love interest in a really big franchise.

Inaccurate. Kylo saw an opportunity to end the stupid Empire vs Rebels thing forever and rule together with Rey.

Then Rey attempts to kill him despite fingerfucking him through the force. Let down again, Kylo goes full evil.

If Rey had just agreed to his totally reasonable position but requested that he stop firing on the ships first then it might have been a really interesting ending and a new paradigm for Episode 9.

Imagine it - Rey and Kylo send out a general message to the Resistance and the First Order and declare themselves supreme leaders of the galaxy. Stunned reaction from the Resistance, they think Rey has turned to the dark side. Anger from the First Order, they think Kylo has turned to the light.

Would have been fucking brilliant.

Nah, fuck that, MORE LAZERS AND SHOOTING. LUKE DOES A MATRIX DODGE AND REY PICKS UP SOME ROCKS, BIG FINISH!

i was fine with what they went with.
Your idea is fine but you're asking for a pretty dramatic risk from a company like disney

>pussy tingles for Kylo
>naive good doer
>thinks literally 10 minutes ahead
>desperate for purpose and meaning
She has flaws, it's just that cucks at Disney refuse to punish any of them.

He actually talked about leaving behind both the sith and the jedi and actually both in power bringing balance but ok

Not especially. It would mirror Empire way more than the current film does - our "heroes at their lowest moment" thing - except that Rey and Kylo are doing a Romeo & Juliet thing and its not actually as bad as everyone's reaction to it is.

It's a way better ending than what we got, and a much better set-up for Episode 9.

She defeats Luke fucking Skywalker 1v1, lol. She literally can't ever lose.

i guess you're right, but we wont really know until we see 9.
Dont get me wrong, disney fumbled this trilogy right from the start, but its not the trainwreck people are making it out to be.
Im a prequel apologist (for RotS mostly) and even i can admit that The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi hold up pretty good when compared to The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones

not really.
He is clearly toying with her and even disarms her with ease.
He just kinda trips a little bit and you can clearly see that he was prepared to go full force bad ass on her when he was hovering above the ground. He only stopped because he saw that she had no intention of actually trying to hurt him with the lightsaber

He offered her a partnership and instead of trying to use this to further bring Kylo back to the light side, she tries to kill him. Kylo was distressed as fuck before that, so it's no wonder he goes off the edge afterwards. Reminds me of Borderlands and how Lilith was ultimately responsible for Handsome Jack going nuts.

it can be argued that they mutually decided to try and kill each other but i see your point.

If anything it's Rey attacking Kylo. He has his hand out and is asking her to join him when she goes for the lightsaber.
Our boy Kylo was just defending himself he dindu nuffin.