The virgin Star Wars

>The virgin Star Wars
>The Chad Valerian

>I'll ruin my movie with the worst casting imaginable! That's a neat trick!

Valerian would be a good movie, if they casted different leads

The casting really was terrible.

Cara might have been acceptable if they had a strong male lead but dane was just atrocious.

i dont want to see this film since I know luc beson has lost his fucking mind and makes shit now.

also the comic book was trash and the fifth element was an improvement

Valerian is LITERALLY a space chad.

All they had to do is cast someone likable and with a good track record and Valerian would bank 500+mil

Besson makes shit movie every year, in order to afford making good stuff.
This is one of the good stuff

It would be good if it was made by anyone other than Beson.

To be fair Cara and Dane, though miscast, also had a fucking absymal script to try and make work.

If you had cast Chris Pratt and some other female, they might have been able to carry it.

But on top of that you just have a fucking shitty story/plot that draaaaaaaaaaags like a motherfucker. The entire opening should have been cut in half.

What annoys me is that Luc works with professional writers who take his ideas and put them into compact, workable scripts when he's producing.

But this was a mess, just like the Fifth Element, with really weak plotting, characters and the film itself was so badly paced.

I dunno. It's worse than most bad movies because lots of it is really good.

I mean, look at the casting - I have no probelm with Dane DeHaan, and Cara is interesting...just not in these roles.

Yeah, every few minutes you'll get great Besson stuff...followed by utter trash.

"Bad" isn't what I would call it -Frustrating would be more appropriate.

The only problem with the cast is that they look like siblings.

That's the point

no the problem is that the space major looks like a high school kid

Why does Dane DeHaan look like a drug addict

History of Trunks movie with them as 17 and 18 when?
also who can play Trunks/Gohan?

>so butthurt over star wars have to pretend valerian was good

plz don't

Valerian was good tho

you mean like luke skywalker?

But Valerian was fucking horrible and that Cara cunt is even worse at acting than Daisy.

>draaaaaaaaaaags like a motherfucker

Isn't that literally every Besson movie ever.

it's hit and miss. the conceptualizing and world building is good, some of the characters are interesting. the plot is nonsensical mess. some of the character design is not good. give it a chance, probably skip the first 15 minutes and you'll know if you want to watch the rest in like 5-10 minutes

Hollywood is dead. Long live Eurokinoland.
Valerian is a 9/10 Star Wars film.

The sequence where the space station grows and sprawls and then all those different aliums start arriving is pretty cool.

>willingly and foolishly walks into movie designed to beguile, not only that, but dragging people with him
>knows there's a chance things could be bad, goes it alone right then anyway

I like the costumes. Fucking disney capeshite ruined costume design

I want to lick Cara's neck

Luke Skywalker is a farmboy with a magic sword. Valerian is supposed to be an experienced veteran.

no lie it was great the whole plot with the other alien race is what killed this movie and I don't know why he thought he could compete with Avatar tier cgi and try to make his own Navi