IT'S OUT

>nationalreview.com/article/454666/last-jedi-shape-water-juvenile-political-fantasies

Based Armond does it again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9NU3qmDaV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BASED

There's still a honest film critic out there.

finally, a review that matters

>The Star Wars movies belong in the same category as Elvis Presley movies: They’re popular yet are all but unwatchable — except that the Presley pictures evince a human touch. The new, machine-tooledThe Last Jediis sufficiently busy (action scenes occurring every ten minutes) to make you grateful that it is, at least, agreeably paced, even if it isn’t really about anything.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

>If you look past the superficial narrative and cultural continuity, The Last Jedi works like any other Millennial action film. Written and directed by indie Rian Johnson, who retires his neo-noir specialty for his own youthful fantasy of trying on George Lucas’ space boots, The Last Jedi is largely tongue-in-cheek. Johnson is incapable of taking the organic themes seriously. Sarcasm is the coinage of modern commerce, not Lucas’s corny family commitment and nationalism..

>>"yet The Last Jedi falls short of the visionary excitement that distinguishes Justice League or Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets."

lmao

>literally contrarian faggot
>honest
sure guy

He's not wrong.

Based, his reviews are the only ones I actually read

>millennials!!!
The PT was the Millennial Star Wars. It's essential viewing for the Millennial youth. Millenials are probably the largest demographic that likes the PT. The ST is unironically the product of Gen X nostalgia and wrong generation faggots rejection of the PT. The ST is the Gen Z Star Wars films.

I'm not reading all that what did he give it out of 5?

>The Last Jedifollows fanboy tradition, in itsHarry Potterknock-off (Rey’s concern about her absent parents); the PC, multi-culti play of Finn’s partnership with Rose Tico (Kelly Marie Tran); the take-charge feminism of purple-haired Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo (Laura Dern evokingThe Hunger Games); and the mutant evil of Supreme Leader (Andy Serkis), tapping intoLord of the RingsCGI. Given this patchwork of bad influences, the film lacks style.
Nail on the fucking head.

>yet The Last Jedi falls short of the visionary excitement that distinguishes Justice League or Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
This guy is definitely a troll

>he doesn't know based armond
get the fuck out of here

Except Valerian IS better/more creative visually than TLJ. As for Justice League, the stuff shot by Snyder (i.e. not Whedon) is still very much the gold standard.

Its the fucking millenials at it again, I knew those fuckers shouldn't be trusted to do anything right.

>he a contwawian!!!

What does the term visionary excitement mean to you?

there's a big difference between the contrarian kiddies from Sup Forums and Armond White

How new are you to Armond?

He sounds like my arse after a hot curry

>defends Justice League

Dropped. Fucking contrarian

Quip Wars BTFO

>armond white is a contrarian
>armond white is an uncle tom
>>>/reddit/

I can only dream of becoming a writer as great as this man. He shits on movies in a way it's almost graceful every time. Fuck you for being so fucking consistent, Armond.

This. Whether or not you agree with him is inconsequential, and when you do agree with him he's fucking glorious trolling material.

Armond White
>interested in film as a child
>admired film critics from a young age
>master of fine arts from columbia
>got a job as a professional film critic as soon as possible, still to this day critiques film
>top 10 films every year are films that the majority of the cinema going population have not even heard of

Internet Reviewers
>likes movies
>maybe has a degree in journalism or media
>favourite movies are all from the last 20 years
>became a film critic after they were unable to be a comedian/actor/musician/whatever

But yes, Armond is the bad reviewer.

He comes across as a really likable guy as well, as vicious as his reviews are. I heard him on Ronnie B and he seemed like a bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=N9NU3qmDaV0

Racist critics BTFO

I always find myself agreeing with his opinions. The guy is a great movie critic

Probably the most honest review ive ever read, and oh yea, BTFO Star WArs LOL