What did disney mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9dOcSftnxPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>We've fucked every sort of direction in terms of plot and writing
>Fuck it
>Make it anime

looks like like an anime.

are you sure it belongs here and not Sup Forums?

best webm of this stupid scene so far

>no shields
>star destroyers dont obliterate rebel cruiser before it turns to ram them after launching all escape pods

It means the rebellion could have nuked the death star anytime it wanted at the low low cost of a single shitty cruiser. Hell, just load up a torpedo with a hyperdrive and nuke the whole Empire

Not gonna lie that scene looks badass but just to clarify isnt this how they could have destroyed the Death Stars as well?

Just remote control a empty freighter into it?

Kawaii as heck.

You could potentially destroy everything with it. If this ship goes the speed of light the power is endless according to my minuscule knowledge of physics.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?, AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is that why the rebels have a ship called a blockade runner that is shaped like a hammer?

WHOA TOTALLY EPICCCC

REMINDER EVERYTHING COMES WITH CAVEATS:
1. The maneuver is pulled off by the purple haired old strong womyn that looks like an HR consultant
2. the maneuver makes no sense whatsofuckingever to exist and be a feasible option up to this point otherwise why didn't everyone do this
3. the scene is shot in complete silence for the duration of the epic hit so as to act as a pavlovian trigger and cue for the audience to lose their shit over the SUPER FUCKING EPIC YAAAASSS QUEEEN SLAY moment

its literally about a women destroying the patriarchy

hopefully its SO FUCKING OBVIOUS NOW normies will stop supporting this garbage.

In the process they ruined star wars

>tldr this mkultra programming for when some korean nukes a carrier group SCREENCAP THIS

If it was anime, that scene would take 15 minutes and be interspersed with black-and-white flashbacks to the childhood of the one guy who stays behind to pilot the suicide ship, now having finally been acknowledged by sempai.

The point is that they ignored it and it got time to do it.

Thats why Hugs screams HOLY SHIT SHOOT THAT THING!!

got some people on here are so pathetic and depressed, nitpicking everysingle fucking thing in this movie.

That they can sodomize Zack Snyder's remains while still having critics suck their dick.

they're basically stealing imagery evocative and derivative of anime scifi outright for the purpose of selling their kike poison to people even more effectively

>Literally the the best shot in the entire saga
>MAKES ABSOLUTELY 0 SENSE

which anime is this?

I think you missed the point, friendo.

Disney spend hundreds of millions to make a movie that would piss off basement dwellers.

>we need the NEET audience

Reminder the SUPER LEIA youtube upload had only THREE (3) VIEWS and had been shared for 5 minutes when it was blocked on copyright grounds. There's a high chance these are literally fucking Mouse shills.

More likely they have some kind of equipment that can detect copyrighted material.

Why didn't they just do this to the biggerer Death Star?

ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

In ANH they didn't have cruisers, in RoTJ the death star had a shield

How long is the retarded dogpilling on this movie gonna last ?
Maybe we can discuss something about it when its ends ?

>Death Star 2's shield goes down
>instead of sending in Lando and Wedge to take it out, they could have just had one sacrificial pilot lock on to the strongest power source, aim, and enter hyperspace straight into the core

It didn't make much sense but it was a pretty cool scene. Leia floating back to the ship from space was a far bigger asspull faggotry and made me lose all hope for the movie right when it happened

It also means the death star is pointless, since the Empire could just launch a hyperdrive into Alderaan and destroy it.

>Sup Forums
>discussion

Pick one

It means that every space battle in the entire franchise only lasted more than 1 second because everyone involved was too stupid to use their win button. It is the fireworks to signify the official end of the franchise.

if you are gonna falseflag, at least try to avoid being so obvious

That's just insane.

They wouldn't even need a pilot. If this was a viable tactic from the start, why not just invent auto-pilots capable of pointing themselves at the target?

Hell, why build a Death Star or Starkiller base at all? You could just hyperdrive asteroids into planets and achieve the same effect.

Why was the original rebellion too cowardly to do this trick?

>why not just invent auto-pilots capable of pointing themselves at the target?
DRONES
R
O
N
E
S

It's not good writing.

Because white men cant get shit done while a diverse group of women and minorties can

That scene was probably the best in the movie

Doesn't change the fact that it makes no sense to sacrifice a character there if a droid could just operate the ship.

So even that scene is idiotic.

why didn't leia do this in literally the first shot of star wars a new hope?

How does interstellar travel even work now? If matter stops you, even very small, undetectable debris would destroy your ship.

Because they were clever enough to refuel before making a long trip.

>woman with dyed hair in any movie
>fa/tv/irgins everywhere: REEEEEEEEEEEEE MEN HAVE RIGHTS TOO!!!

Or how about build specific weapons which are nothing but a hyperdrive and a automatic aiming system like we have today in rockets and be done with it.
Could be named "hyperdrive torpedos".

what?

GALAXY GUN

Stupid scene, but looks cool. Just like modern nu-wars.

UCHUUU SENKAAAAAN YAAAAMAAAATOOOO

M-masaka

With that kind of weapon, battles would now be decided based on which side launches their self-guided nukes first.

Let's take a second to point out who is at fault here.
Gen-Xers and wrong generation faggots who, within the past 5 years or so, pushed this retro hipster hyperbolic hatred of the PT. We even have Gen-Xers in charge of directing these shit fests and what they give us are soulless copy pastes of the OT afraid of anything creative or original. By doing so, they ironically spit upon the lore of the OT and the legacy of OT characters.

We should call this trilogy RLM-Wars. This is what they wanted. They even praised TFA.

ITT: Brainlets who cannot understand this cinematic masterpiece
There is a sort of lag between a ship going into hyperspace and entering the "alternate dimension" that actually is hyperspace, whenever you see the millenium falcon enter hyperspace for instance, you can clearly see it for a short time blasting into hyperspace at high speed. Same principle here, this only works because the resistance cruiser is so close to the first order fleet that it is still a physical object in space when it crashes into Snoke's ship

What an interesting movie that would be. Both sides going crazy with doomsday weapons

This doesn't make sense in-universe though. Did they have no shields?

Is western culture really this culturally bankrupt now?

Typical woman driver

Because they weren't willing to die for their cause like purple space mommy

This. I would have thought the energy generated by such a high speed impact would have created an explosion that would have annihilated everything around it.

lol no

Literally Sup Forums tier
youtube.com/watch?v=9dOcSftnxPk

They had fucking robots. You argument is bullshit.

Question: How are the other ships being destroyed? Does the rebel ship not get destroyed on the first impact? Im confused.

Wow, botcist much?

A
N
I
M
E

I hope Plinkett doesn't even bother with this kike shit.

no milkies

They weren't on. They'd been slowly chasing it for the entire movie waiting for it's fuel to run out so they could blast it to pieces. They had the high ground and underestimated the Rebellion.

Are you telling me the rebel ship doesn't get destroyed here?

>what are shields

The debris being rocketed off at the same speed. The ship is only hitting hyperspace in the middle of impact, the remnants are just being shunted off by the force.

>build giant lightsaber
>strap a hyperdrive to it's ass
>fire

And now you have an invincible giant light speed missile that can be re-used multiple times.

>snoke death scene
>guards dancing instead of fighting
>superman leia
>mommy want milkies sloth
>hypserspeed spaceship bullets

It just keeps getting better

It does, it was an kamikaze attack.

Shut up, faggot. If this bullshit worked Vader's ship would've been destroyed in Rogue One, which came out LAST FUCKING YEAR and is supposed to operate by the same laws of physics. This is all just horrible fucking writing by idiot faggots.

Watch the movie.

Even so, Snokes ship is massive. That jump would massively damage it but everything behind it would be fine since Snokes ship would have absorbed all of the impact

Those ships didn't even reach half drift

Well that's the realistic approach to warfare in a FTL scenario
But you can't just change the rules from space opera to semi-hard/halfchub scifi for plot convinience
Why didn't they do this in other movies? why build a death star? WHY

So why didn't the Millennium Falcon get atomized when it hyperspaced through closed hangar doors in TFA?

I mean it was the most beautiful scene in the movie, looked amazing, but it's BUTTFUCKINGLY RETARDED. Thx disney. sigh

Nigger…

N-NANI?!

Yes, and the ships being destroyed behind it are above and below it, while the ones right behind are fine. It's debris.

>mfw one of my normie friends texted me to see the movie tomorrow

I don't want to reveal my power level but fuck this looks bad

Jesus did that really happen?

>closed
clearly open, the creature that was biting onto the cockpit did get atomized though when they entered hyperspace

Because any other time they would have had their shields up. They got complacent slowly following this ship waiting for it's fuel to drain.

kek i love how is gunners instantly destroy the transport in front of them but hux's entire fleet of super star destroyers can't defeat a single rebel cruiser over like ten hours GOOD LORD

Also in ESB the empire literally expected the Millenium Falcon to ram that one SD when solo rushes them.

Those ships make the jump to hyperspace before it arrives, the one ship that crashes hasn't even begun to jump when it crashes. Use your fucking eyes you stupid spic.

Oh man I completely forgot about that scene...

Jesus. Star Wars is in more of a mess than Marvel/DC is right now....

Rian "slow motion detail when something cool happens" Johnson

it makes more sense than having ships shooting lasers that are not lasers at each other
However in the context of Start Wars lore it makes no sense, there is an implicit rule that relativistic kill vehicles and kinetic energy in general is magically left aside in space combat

Oh, so this is the moment where everything is silent? I remember seeing a memo to cinemas where they mention how it's not a fault with the tape and it's meant to be like that

Debris travelling really fast I think is the intention.

Point is they're going in the same direction that the destroyer arrives from, which means due to retarded Star Wars hyperspace logic they'd have crashed into it on the way.

If hyperspace was some kind of slipstream that in some way warps the ship through space to avoid obstacles then it would be fine, but the suicide bombing in TLJ makes demonstrates that isn't the case.

Literally threw away all in-universe logic for the sake of a cool action moment.

Its pretty stupid right? didnt the falcon jump to hyperspace inside of another ship in the last movie? why didn't this happen then?

That's not how hyperspace works, Disney & Rian...

If they were travelling at lightspeed the debris would have infinite mass.

you just proved yourself wrong. that transport didn't reach hyper speed.

YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER WHY DIDN'T THE SHIPS IN HYPERSPACE COLLIDE WITH THE SSD IF IT WAS IN THEIR PATH IF YOU'RE TRYING TO RECONCILE THIS WITH THE FAGGOT SHIT IN THE OP?

>Shields can be taken down by conventional weapons
>But not by a giant chunk of steel traveling at FTL
user STFU AND THINK

that movie also had that cringe inducing scene where one ISD cuts another in half like butter

Disney can die in a fire