Rian "The Franchise Killer" Johnson

I don't get the hype of this guy..
Lucasfilm should reconsider giving this guy a whole trilogy with complete creative freedom.

If you don't like TLJ you're a pleb simple as that.

He should've stayed as a writer-director of his own movies. I forgot the majority of Looper but he seems more passionate about his own work in interviews versus shilling for a major corporation like Disney.

JJ Abrams killed the franchise, I don't understand why the backlash has started just now. TFA was an abomination and there was no way to recover that mess. Rian ended up killing Snoke because that character didn't make any sense in the first place. Luke is a reclused loser because JJ Abrams made its so in TFA. It's too easy to blame Rian alone.

I feel like all the good parts were Rian, all the bad parts Disney.

Epic space battles for no reason: Disney

Great character moments: Rian

Porgs: Disney

Luke: Rian

He's never made a halfway decent flick in his entire career. Disney looks for yes men, not talent.

Brick is fucking great. Looper is very good. The Brothers Bloom is also a movie.

>Great character moments: Rian
???
>Luke: Rian
This movie destroyed Luke Skywalker

Brick is pure dogshit, you guys are crazy, it's unwatchable. It's a student film that should have never been out in the public.

>Great character moments

Why, because it portrayed some character flaw in him? I feel like EUfags with their fanfiction had some retarded expectations about this holy figure that never existed

Yeah Luke the nepoticide loser who failed everyone he knew and ran away from his problems, best character development ever.

>Brick is fucking great
It was pretty shit, garbage editing.

I have to ask, have you watched many noir films?

>a flaw
He tried to murder his nephew in his sleep
This is not Luke Skywalker

I'm glad they let him do what he did. TLJ is flawed, but it's the only Star Wars film in decades to not feel like a perfectly-manufactured corporate entity

No he didn't, did you eve watch the movie? He said he got scared and had a moment of dark side leaking which made him pull out his saber, but he realized it right away and snapped back. He was never about to kill him

>*throws lightsaber
>General hugs
>the Force is a power that floats around things
>Greenmilking
>Porgs
>Mansplaining scene
>Leia Superman
>page turners they are not
>Force projection
>Luke's death

I swear to god, this guy is a maniac. A FUCKING MANIAC.

>The pure mythological hero who redeemed his evil father and was ready to lay down his life for his friends and family and would never abandon them now is fine with the thought of striking down his own nephew if only for a moment and abandonning everyone he held dear

No, it feels like a malevolently-manufactured corporate entity

He looks so fucking feminine

Brick is genuinely one of the most cringeworthy films ever made. Looper is an "ideas guy" movie with a lazy and underwritten central idea.
He's a glorified student film maker who makes Duncan Jones and Aronofsky look like master auteurs.

Idiots are going to be parroting "Luke tried to kill Kylo" for years. The problem isn't that Luke briefly considered it, the problem is that after Kylo turned evil his solution was to quit the galaxy forever.

So brave.

Do fans hate TLJ because it's BvS (too kino for mass plebeians) or Justice League (geniune shit)?

Somebody who watched many noir films would dislike Brick, a person who watched many cartoons referencing noir films would might it's cool.

The problem is both. He considered it to the point of going to kylo's hut with his lightsaber and even drawing it for a moment. This is not in Luke's character. Luke would have confronted Kylo face to face like he did his father

>The pure mythological hero
He fucking made it a point that legends and Jedi are romantized; he was just a guy full of doubt who struggled and in the end did the right thing, almost falling for the dark side in the process. Luke was never flawless, neither did he ever become some fucking force god. He ALWAYS struggled with the dark side and once again almost got lost on his way at old age but found the light in the end. Are you mad because he wasn't a mary sue like Rey, but rather an actual fucking character?

It's genuine shit
It has many pretty and really cool shots but it's all smoke and mirrors
Sadly it's enough to fool the plebs
deep inside this movie is absolute trash

It's too kino for them. It also felt like a Star Wars prequel at times

Why he face so tiny but he head so big

jajaja

This film and TFA made Luke a totally pointless character. Everything he ever achieved is undone and he dies a sad virgin. LOL.

the age of the white man is over. ugly asian chicks and Boogas are your future now

He was going to kill him, he ignited his saber, and he was tempted before and never came close to this shit. He loses a fight to rey, the jedi master luke skywalker and lets not even talk about the yoda scene, there was not a single good moment about luke or any characters not even the death of carrie this hack could get it right

it had too complex characterization for plebs to appreciate. They wanted to see Luke vs. Snoke epic lightsaber duel

>Luke
>good part

Fuck your bullshit. This is the exact bullshit MoS did. Are mouse fuckers now using Snyderism to justify shit movies?

>EUfags with their fanfiction had some retarded expectations about this holy figure that never existed

How about just OT Luke? The guy who believed in the good in a Sith Lord and redeemed him would never try to murder his sister and best friend's son while he was sleeping.

He never resorted to killing as a solution, jesus this gotta be bait, not even the main antagonists in OT, he said that vader could be saved.

I changed my mind
lucasfilm should let him make as many films as he wants
waste as money disney dollars as possible
he can ruin disney's profits

Yes let Luke drink some milk from a sloths titties ... fans will understand

>He never resorted to killing as a solution
yeah and he never did in TLJ either, what's your point?
>b-but he ALMOST did!
yeah and he ALMOST killed Vader too, are you this fucking dense?

He and Vader were in a heated fight. Vader wasn't fucking sleeping.

>JJ Abrams killed the franchise
You're right, but unfortunately a lot of people are completely blind to that fact.

How is JJ at fault for Rian's mess? JJ made a safe, unoriginal ripoff. Rian actively spat in OT fans' faces.

JJ put Rian into an impossible position
>Han Solo is dead
>The galactic repuclic got blown up
>cookie cutter palpatine clone
>Mary Sue
>Luke is an exile

lmao how do you make a sequel to TFA?

Who cares. Idiots like you will pay to see it regardless. KYS

JJ had a clean slate to work with. Rian had to work with what JJ had already shat out. Not to say that TLJ isn't fucking awful even on its own merits, but it might have at least been slightly better if it didn't have to pick up where TFA left off.

Let me draw for you with user's help, sleeping, in a jedi temple is more close to what anakin did in RoTS than a fight for your life, and even in that case resorting to saving lifes, but i'm not mad at you user number 1 as i know you are just baiting

nah my dude. moviepass paid for me to see it.

snoke could have been boosted into a decent villain since we knew nothing about him, but rian decided to wreck everything even more hahaha

and yes TFA always sucked

>"How Luke? How could you end up like this? What happened?"
>"It was HER TURN."
Jeez, I get that Hollywood's pretty left wing, but you'd think they'd be more subtle...

TFA is as much as nonsensical. Jest better presented.

The Last Jedi? More like, The Last Star Wars I'll pay to see!

It's science fantasy you dumb cunt, nobody wanted a 'flawed' Luke, they wanted a fucking space crusader who wields a laser sword, Jesus, there is a time and a place for art, Star Wars doesn't need this shit.

Looper is flaming shit. Could you be more wrong faggot

If he couldn't handle it he shouldn't have agreed to it.

oh oh ohooohh ohhh ohhho ho hoh hh th h

Most amazing it's how the people behind the screen (KK) thought his vision was fucking amazing to the point they: 1. offered him the last movie (IX) first ; 2. gave him a new trilogy.
They don't get SW at all, they want to force those new characters on us with no respect to the old ones, to the point they end up ruining everyone.

It wasn't Luke that suffered character assassination: Poe, Finn, Leia and counting..

Fuck off with the EU shit.

OT Luke ends up on his way to redeem and restore the Jedi. Luke matures and learns from his mistakes. They have undone all of this.

Halo effect from the prequels.

The success of TFA and R1 was just the residual success of Lucas.

This is damage control

>gave him a new trilogy
Do you think they'll still go through with this?

TLJ was better than all the other garbage SW movies. Imagine all the mouth breather sending him death threats right now.

You're right though.

Rian had either two choices, make the film exactly like ESB or try some new shit.
He was given garbage and delivered garbage, there is nothing shameful about that.

This nigga going to Hollywood Jail

No him, but no way. Rian is done.

>make the film exactly like ESB or try some new shit.

He went for the first option. TLJ is ESB and ROTJ rolled into one with some truly insane character assassination.

Kathleen Kennedy is on borrowed time if TLJ flops

Not now. I'm talking of BEFORE the general public saw this turd.

Don't worry, now that word-of-mouth has finally broken out, he's going to lose it.

He won't even have the privilege to direct episode 9.

I sure hope so.

GL must be bitterly laughing rn.

The more I think about it the more I find it quite funny. They've spent billions on something just to kill it. All those years of fans building the EU just for Rian Johnson to come in and say "no, Luke dies a pussy and a tramp". The absolute madman

Except a shit-ton of normies are fucking hating on it right now.

Honestly hope she ends up living on an island drinking sloth milk and choking on the memories of Spielberg relentlessly abusing her pussy