Debate Time

Is it gonna stay platonic or is it gonna get romantic?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!mxZ3VKwS!x3TD1oZaQwic3vC69j5zKXlAqMdXoEqTO9_qFTvANms
youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who cares, Ashi is ruining the pacing of the show

Either way, Ashi cute

Daughterus are not for lewd.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of the Scotsman's daughters though.

Platonic.

But i hate the direction this is taking. It would be better if Jack could be saved by his own willpower, not a distracting slut.

Anyways, this episode was 10/10.

Romantic.

Don't you remember the deer scene?

This. While it seems like they're currently leaning towards the father/daughter angle, I'm open to anything so long as we get more tsun Ashi.

She is cute and we will be seeing more of it.

it probably ain't happenin'.

maybe Jack'll get a hug and a kiss later on but that's it

Episode 4 should have never existed, literally nothing happened and all the development of Ashi happened in this episode. It could have been used to show precisely Jack's escalating despair. The way it was done this time was too fucking schizo.

Why does he go fight the sonichus if he knows he won't be able to do anything about them? He's all jumpy and courageous at the start, and 5 minutes later when they all die he's bottom line suicidal.

Am i the only one who hates Ashi? I don't know, but it seems like the season declined after Episode 3.
This is about Jack, not about Genndy's irritating waifu.

They gon fug, they will both drop major spaghetti, and Ashi will nose rub the samurai

Platonic. Only because I think Gendy thought it would be weird for an old man like Jack to be having romantic feelings for a chick that is probably in her young adult years.

I do, but i admit this episode made me have a more positive view of her. Next episode, that will completely drop though. You wonder if Jack is worth of fighting Aku if he needs to be rescued by a dumb sexy kid.

He's been fighting a losing battle for 50+ years. All the willpower he has is long gone so it makes sense that he needs a fresh pair of eyes to remind him that hope still exist in the world.

yes, you are the only one

Jack hasnt aged either, so does it really matter?

Romantic, obviously.

After this episode, it's strongly hinting at a platonic father/daughter relationship.

Jack never goes back to the past because he realizes that it would wipe out millions of innocents from existence because it eradicates the timeline where aku won. Ashi kills aku, jack then is allowed to die, all the time magic undone, Ashi rebuilds humanity

Son, let me tell you something, it's only going to go one way and that's tragic

That's not how that works.

It's a thing of japanese aesthetics to see the hero suffer without a chance , but at the last moment he finds honor in his own willpower and does all he can in his last attempt whether he's successful or not. The show's building up to this, but introducing Ashi into it and making an important part of this kind of plot makes it seem too intrusive.

It's as if Ashi's meant to be the character through which new generations introduce themselves into the story, which is bullshit.

>Ashi rebuilds humanity
So she's having a army of daughters too?

Hoping for Platonic but I won't be disappointed if it's Romantic.

Overall, Samurai Jack episodes where Jack has a team-up have always been great, I just hope Ashi shows to be a capable cooperative fighter later on.

It'll get romantic, then she'll betray him, and then she'll sacrifice herself at the last moment to save him.

DELEET

>yfw "that scene"
>yfw she calls him daddy

The pacing of this episode was kind of all over the place. But Ashi cute so okay i guess...

This makes the most sense from a writing point, and fits with the themes of the original show.

this shot is the first time I found Ashi cute, but that's probably just the sudden anime eyes

FUCKING KEK

>sudden anime eyes

You mean the pouty lips? Because clearly you have zero idea what anime eyes are.

The Scotsman has his army of daughters and Ashi is Jack's one-daughter army

post yfw Genndy pulls a Korra and Ashi ends up with one of the Scotsman's daughters

>aku-flame bunny tail

that's true, I was going to write 'sudden giant eyes' but then I thought that a lot of anime uses that to make its characters cuter so I went with 'anime eyes', tho I guess that's usually used to describe something else

Literally pimp costume. Also, I hope for romantic

T H I C C R U N E S

I hope it turns romantic but then again I'm a shipper

I hope she develops a crush on him, but Jack is too oblivious to notice.

saved

Such tsun

All the ladies love Pimp Jack.

I vouldn't give a shit. The atmosphere of the first 3 episodes has already been ruined. Jesus Christ you just had to give Jack a fucking sidekick didn't you Genndy?

gotta put these DSL to good use

Nope, I have never once seen another person express this sentiment.

I can't even fucking tell if it's Content Aware Satan or actual screencap because the animation was that weird tonight

holy fuck, I've just been browsing /mlp/ for a couple days and it's full of people like you, the ones that made a 1000 headcanons the moment they saw the first episodes and then got disappointed later on because the writers didn't care about their stupid fantasies

actual screencap

It's going to end up with her dying

She turned good way too quickly, and was way too willing to be a good guy.

Believing that everything she learned is a lie is one thing, but her wanting to stop Aku was too much of a shift.

If it turns romantic, I hope they at least have time to develop it, but we only have 10 episodes and half of that has already aired!

She's a zealot. All her life she had a cause, end the corruption of the world brought about by the Samurai to please her Lord Aku. She has simply swapped the corrupter and the Lord as that's the only way she can remain a functional human being because without her cause she's nothing as she never had the chance to be anything other than a weapon.

>Browsing /mlp/
End yourself

>browsing /mlp/

Sorry, but everything you just said just got invalidated.

PHTPHTPTHPTHPHPTHPTHP

mega yet?

mega.nz/#!mxZ3VKwS!x3TD1oZaQwic3vC69j5zKXlAqMdXoEqTO9_qFTvANms

thank i checked other thread dident find it

no problem.

I laughed so hard at this, holy hell. I can't believe they made the Scottsman dying hilarious.
But they did, he's up against the Master of Evil, a being of pure malice and despair, and what does he do?
Fucking starts calling it a shit for brain coward hiding under his mommy's skirt. And then he gets zapped and the bagpipes started playing, holy halibut, 10/10 scene.

>all these CUTEfags
I hate you all

>10 episodes

honestly what do you expect? if they spend more episodes focusing on ashi's development, people will complain.

why can't most of you see this?

oh no, I get it. It still feels weird, though. I think I'd rather Ashi just get cut out

>we get jack

so scotsman knows he is an immortal wanderer now? or is he just assuming he is still alive

>Next episodes focuses on Ashi
What is Genndy thinking?

everybody knows jack is alive, people see him sometimes you moron

Jacking off.

Meant to say episode*

Well, she's a pretty important part of the story. It makes sense she'd get at least a little solo focus.

Did anyone else expect her to escape by tearing her suit open

MEME MAGIC RUNES, LAD

>Ghost Scotsman later rebuilds army
>In his tower Aku hears this in the distance

youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM

If people see him, how has word about him losing the sword not reach Aku?

The only people who would tell Aku are also the people that Jack often winds up having to kill.

Episode 3 could been two episodes if the season was longer.

>Jack spends an episode healing and getting in touch with his father's words.
>Next episode is the fight in the snow, focusing on Jack's reluctance to kill and bitter resignation.

I forgot today was saturday and missed it

I really doubt it.

I think it will focus on her for half the episode at the very most. She'll find Jack (mid episode cliffhanger before the adverts perhaps?), stuff will go down and the episode will conclude with Jack resolving to try and get his sword back.

For a board dedicated to discussing stories, Sup Forums has a really poor grasp of storytelling beats.

i bet you complained about rey being the protagonist of star wars

That could be a 2-3 minute montage of what Jack has done in the world and that's it.

Digits support this

>tfw i literally watched this anime today
redberrytsundere

This is the best possible option
>small onion head with giant woman
pls

I think it should be platonic, but it's up to Genndy

Eh, I'd be ok with that.

Those dick sucking lips.

Nah best taste is the bagpipe player

We're not gonna know that until we watch the season in its entirety

Someone needs to edit in the deer scene because that was the biggest indicator should we go down this path.

It was a fun adventure episode that wasn't too strictly tied to the man narrative. C'mon, one fillerish episode in the final season is fine when you consider nearly ALL of samurai jack is essentially one off filler episodes

!really think make you

It's focusing on Jack through Ashi. Ashi did nothing of note.