How did this get past test audiences? How did this get past Disney execs?

How did this get past test audiences? How did this get past Disney execs?

This movie is a franchise killer. They killed all characters fans cared about. There is nothing left for IX. Literally fucking nothing. Nobody likes Rey or Finn. Resistance has maybe 20 people left with no money or political backing. Kylo is a faggot and nobody respects him so realistically he should be assassinated by Hux or any other general/admiral within days.

Like Jesus fucking Christ how is this even possible? Who allowed this? Did they really make those movies without planning the entire trilogy first?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJ4TrDBuOUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Nobody likes Rey or Finn
Hey I like Finn with a lightsaber. Shame we won't see that again

>This was somehow a movie which convinced Disney to give Rian Johnson "his own" trilogy before it even came out
This is what happens when executives think they know how to make movies

I don't understand this whole thing with red cloaks, it wasn't even really a visual theme in the movie besides color red

Luke drinking alien milk and the china girl made this film enjoyable.

I've watched the kylo bits of it and im thinking i might even download the next one if it's the Kylo Ren movie.

>They killed all characters fans cared about.
But Kylo is still alive.

Glad to see your opinion based off of opinions in other threads. Truly insightful

And Reylo is dead so 70% of his "fans" don't care anymore.

>How did this get past test audiences?
You really think this was screened to a test audience? Disney knows they can slap the Star Wars label on any turd and still sell millions from braindead soyboys.

Kylo is too good for that shitty disney whore.

Hello mouse shill.

It's very simple. For the same reason TFA passed the same tests. Kathleen Kennedy is a complete hack, she has no talent whatsoever except making ppl think she knows something. She has no idea what Star Wars is but she was persuaded ppl will kepp watching no matter how bad it is, that's why she focused everything on trying to win the female audience and minorities at the expense of evrything.

>How did this get past test audiences?
You mean like the prequels?

Like BvS right? Look what it did to DC movies.

I hope the movie will end in Kylo making the galaxy a better place. What's his tax policy? How will he resolve conflict? Just kill off the rebellion in the 3rd movie right away and show us the daily life of Kylo Ren ruling over the galaxy

> Phasma's armour able to reflect any high intensity plasma shots
> gets cracked by a mere baton strike
BRAVO

Prequels didn't even pass this audience:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJ4TrDBuOUg

I know Sup Forums generally hated the TFA, but we all agree JJ Abrams is a better director than Rian Johnson right?

What is there not to get? Hollywood is bloated beyond repair, what you see now is just the beginning of corporate board meeting made movies
The industry can't crash fast enough

>Did they really make those movies without planning the entire trilogy first?
because you've set the precedent for what you'll consume and, so, from now on, only SHIT will be served.

BON APPÉTIT!

Yes. TFA at least worked as a movie and had some exciting action. This trash had nothing.

DUDE TWISTS LMAO

>but we all agree JJ Abrams is a better director than Rian Johnson right?
Yep. I critisized the Force Awakens' pacing but he actually was able to make a movie feel more consistent compared to Rian who had many scenes that felt too long, too forced. JJ (who trimmed the original cut of TFA which was 3 hours to 2 hours) did a much better job even though there is some deleted scenes that need to have been left in.

Yes. At least TFA didn't spit in my face.

>TFA at least worked as a movie and had some exciting action.
Wrong. See me after class.

What word of "LET THE PAST DIE" did'nt you understand?

>because you've set the precedent for what you'll consume

Dude, TFA would make money even if it was the adventures of Luke's force sentient turd in ewok village. It was the first new SW movie in a decade.

>giving a fuck about Reylo
LMAOing at your life

Problems were in the script not directing idiot.

Rian actually wrote TLJ.

> Rian actually wrote TLJ
Calling bullshit on this, he probably would have cut this crap of a plot adn all the completely pointless political pandering in the Monaco subplot right instantly if possible
> at least I hope so

Johnson just said that they didn't test screen it at all lmao. He's never getting that trilogy he was promised

The test audience was redditors who loved the progs and like things based on the franchise rather than content. So the movie was perfect to them.

Nope, he said in multiple interviews he wrote it. Mark also says he disagrees with everything Rian wrote for Luke and now we know why.

>the entire rebel alliance fits inside the lobby of the millenium falcon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAJAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The problems are in YOUR BRAIN, if you "think" The Faeces Evacuates was anything but autism pandering for Generation About-To-Be-Incinerated-in-Nuclear-Holocaust

The truth is this: Disney wants total control of Star Wars and make it into something bigger than all other franchises. While you may think just because they bought it from Lucas that was it, but look at how dependent they were of the actors from the previous generation, look at their paycheck.

Everyone knows people will watch Star Wars regardlessly, but from the previous generations they just want the names, the idea that they were there. They literally tricked the three main actors of the previous generation, killing Han after just a few scenes in the first trilogy, having CG Leia after Carrie die, and making Luke just have a cameo in the first to later fuck him up in the second and we all know what Hammill thinks of what they did to his character. He knows and he can tell that at first sight Disney seems to be honoring them, they are actually being used and discarded.

You may think no one cares about Rey or Finn, but to a 10 year old, who the fuck are the old guys? To a 0 year old that will watch this trilogy a decade from now, who is he or she going to care about?

This trilogy is just passing the torch in a "give it to me already" kind of way. They are already heating up with the anthology series, but in a decade you'll see Star Wars with multiple storylines going, tweaking levels of humor and maturity to array more people, just like they did with Marvel as well.

>Reylo is dead
I wish

>Phasma's armour able to reflect any high intensity plasma shots

So she really betrayed her troops on Starkiller Base for nothing.

How to fix TLJ
>remove leia from bridge so stupid floating in space scene doesn't happen
>give audience more time to realize that ackbar is there so we can appreciate his death more
>trim down Finn and rose plot, eliminating extraneous ridiculous action like the long drawn out horse escape (that action veered into prequel territory)
>make bb8 far less absurd (shooting coins, hacking an at-at, fixing poes x-wing in a completely silly fashion
>spend more time on reys training so it feels more like luke/Yoda
>TELL US ABOUT SNOKE SO WE SHOULD CARE ABOUT HIS DEATH

>Rey seeing him shirtless.

>Holding hands.

>Getting sweaty fighting the Emperor’s Guards.

Sure keep telling yourself that. She’ll still think there’s good in him. I guarantee it.

Why did he agree to continue with film development then?
Why not just skip the whole deal?

>TFA would have made money anyway
for evil to triumph, all is needed is for all good men to do nothing

>implying that it isn't repeated viewings and a positive critical / audience reception that breaks the billion-dollar barrier/s

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE GORMLESS GOYIM, STOP CONSUMING ABJECT SCHLOCK AND CALLING IT "CAVIAR"

Have you heard of these things called contracts? Mark signed one before VII when he thought Lucas would be involved.

Oh God I had forgotten this shit already.

>spend more time on reys training so it feels more like luke/Yoda
>how to fix TLJ
>by giving Rey more screentime
No.

They are both shit.

Normies will still pay to go see it and that's all Disney cares about. Star Wars is for the masses

What a shame

just pr bullshit to make you think he did a good job on tlj. youll never hear of it.

>93% "Fresh"
>5/10 = "Fresh"
>this is an accepted measure by normies as a consensus on a film's quality

No way this is real.

Finn and Rey could've been great characters if they actually fleshed them out.

Finn could've
>turned out to be a latent force-user, potentially even a jedi if they wanted to go that route
>become a badass admiral or commander for the Resistance, calling the strategic shots thanks to his personal intel on the the First Order

Rey could've
>gotten rid of her Mary Sue stigma if Disney had the balls to have her switch over to the Dark Side while Kylo redeemed himself to the light side, just like everyone wanted
>have her connected to some OT or prequel character, rather than being the daughter of literal-who junkies and drunkards

But they didn't, so all of that potential is wasted. Now they're just officially trash characters.

How is Rogue One listed as "watchable" but all other SW is "autism"?
The reason R1 exists was autists clamoring for SEARIUZ STAIR WADS WITH DEATH AND ATAT

How did this Rian Johnson bloke even get Star Wars?

Looper was okay, but surely that's not good enough to land you one of the biggest franchises in movie history?

kek

Then ten and under crowd don't give a shit about Star Wars.

They are more into Guardians of the Galaxy.

>Everyone knows people will watch Star Wars regardlessly
>regardlessly
that's not a word, any more than the assumption that plebes are immune to intellectual insult

after The Loser Jedi fiasco, you'll likely find that they will struggle to hype IX, and will probably have to shoehorn A-listers in to try to prop up the inevitable box office shortfall... that, or the cast will end up 90% mainland chinks and done in Mandarin

but it will make a profit, and so will the next and so on

because despite its flaws, compared to the other non OT films, it was indeed "watchable"

Even without signing a contract you can get roped into this shit. Remember that Bill Murray wanted nothing to do with the new Ghostbusters and one of the leaked emails from Sony talked about how they were going to use "aggressive litigation" to get him to have a cameo in it.

Because Disney hires yes-men, not real directors with actual talent.

Real directors with actual talent can't deal with Disney's corporate control and eventually leave.

>Did they really make those movies without planning the entire trilogy first?
Unironically yes. JJ threw a lot of shit out there and left it to the others to develop off it. Naturally Rian understood that to mean throw out all the shit that was established so he could make up his own story

i enjoyed TFA except for the fact that almost nothing was explained at all, but since it was the first movie in the trilogy, I was willing to let it go
then TLJ comes along and just either ignores everything unexplains or kills it off, now theyre left with nothing to go on for a 3rd movie

Don't you get it, user? TLJ completely killed the hype, so all they have to do from now on is release something slightly decent that people who go to see it with low expectations will love it

10 year old cares more about Iron Man than Finn. Disney SW already failed to grasp new audiences and especially kids.

> The Command Cruise ship's frontal shields are down, as illustrated in Kylo's fighter squad blowing Leia & Ackbar to the space
> First Order knows about this through out the plasma barrage for 16+? hours
> won't use their fighters to blow remnants of the ship up
BRAVO

And what a story he came up with, oh boy.

Notice how the level of Disney shilling is inversely proportional to the amount of leaked footage we've seen. Earlier in the week the shilling was intense, downplaying the milkies and everything else. Then when people mentioned superleia but there was no footage they were screaming and posting about how it's fake or not like how people were describing it. And now that the tit sloth has been revealed the Disney interns have nothing left to say, except maybe try to shame people into watching this garbage by calling people Sup Forums if they criticize the movie.

>shooting coins, hacking an at-at, fixing poes x-wing in a completely silly fashion
What the fuck

>beginning of the movie
>one bomber remains
>tons of tie fighters everywhere
>let's not shoot the bomber, guys

>>have her connected to some OT or prequel character, rather than being the daughter of literal-who junkies and drunkards
I actually prefer the idea that she's a complete nobody, but it makes no sense given what we'd seen in TFA

t. brainlet who didn't understand the movie

There still is mildly talented yes men out there. You might not like JJ's movies (I don't) but there's no denying that he's a decent enough director.

>but it makes no sense given what we'd seen in TFA

Exactly. That's what the flashback sequences in TFA were implying. But once again, Rian also threw that out of the window like the idiot that he is.

literally who cares about admiral ackbar though

he's a meme character who never had any real presence in the series

So are the OT movies also watchable in your list or are they autism and R1is the watchable unnecessary prologue heavily dependent on an old autismo flick?

I actually liked the TFA.

Sure, the plot was a rehash of ANH, but at least the new cast was charming, the OT characters still retained their base characterization, and JJ left enough mysteries and plot holes to keep viewers guessing and interested in the upcoming films.

But Rian Johnson has practically destroyed what remaining good TFA had, so now the hype for this trilogy and its final movie is completely fucking dead. This movie is a genuine franchise-killer, at least on-par with the prequels.

>all they have to do from now on is release something slightly decent that people who go to see it with low expectations will love it
a niche hit will not fill the void of the billion-dollar profit they need per annum to keep their Ponzi industry model teetering along.. and the first few weeks are what largely dictate a film's success, not soto voce whispers that eventually make a cult hit out of a film

unless they have a ~$1~2B capeshit each year, the industry is so skewed towards said windfall, that it will have to undergo a "market correct" (lit. a crash)

many have predicted this already, due to the Ponzi structure of the industry reliant on the finite rear resource of creativity -- and their predictions do not even incorporate the very real threat of people simply becoming fed up with the procession of these CGI turds and just turning their backs on 'em... which would exacerbate the fall to Great Depression levels of nadir

The Loser Jedi will actually serve as a barometer for how much stool movie-goers can stomach being shoveled down their agape gobs -- if it still turns over a health profit, expect another turd in two years times; if it fails, well... we might be at war by then aynway

It's a movie for women.

>I actually liked the TFA.
I think I have a cure for you ailment...

>retained their base characterization
How do you figure? How does Luke running off and abandoning his friends and losing to a nephew little shit he trained retain Luke's character?

Star Wars is probably unique in that fans will eat the shit and come back for more

OT's are not on the list -- the list is that of the highest grossing films of all time (*inflation UN-adjusted -- as then No.1 would be Gone With the Wind, I believe...)

that list is more a criticism of how the schlockiness of a film in directly proportional to its profitability -- directing impugning society as a whole; for their lowbrow, low intellect taste in entertainment

from there, the likes of the "Trump phenomenon" and anti-intellectualism are easily reconciled

Maybe you're right, but think ahead. They'll be watching it in 5 years, or their older brother will be watching SW and they'll mirror it. Perhaps they are not into it, but they are well aware of their surroundings and it makes it much easier for them to like this later because of the exposure they are having now.

Forget that they really want to make good SW films or reproduce the success of the first trilogy, because what they are aiming for is a much bigger success. If you have plans for 20 films you have plenty of room to tweak it to your liking and none of the films are or will be actual box office failures by no means. More important than to be bold it is to think of how you are going to give room for your story to continue five films from there.

What the fuck. It's disney, user. They make billions and billions per year. This movie might have costed a lot but its budget is still nothing next to what they make in a year. Of course there will be a sequel and of course people will watch it. In my opinion diehard fanboys opinions mean nothing next to their usual "oh let's go see a movie this weekend. there's a new star wars episode, it's pretty famous so it should be good, right?" audience

>How does Luke running off and abandoning his friends and losing to a nephew little shit he trained retain Luke's character?

But that isnt TFA. Thats TLJ. All we knew going into this movie that Luke had isolated himself, we didnt know why.

that has been true IN THE PAST... but it's a hot hand fallacy to think it will continue this way, esp. in the Age of the Internet

No that's all mentioned in TFA.

The Star Wars of the new generations are calld Guardians of the Galaxy, Disney just fucked up Star Wars beyond repair with these movies.

Then just wait and prepare to be surprised, I guess

This movie is a masterpiece that will only be appreciated by upcoming generations. The current “hurr durr I’m a hardcore Star Wars fan” is too stupid to acknowledge that.

>I liked TFA
>The new cast was charming
>prequels were franchise killers
How to spot a absolute redditard

LOL

Just thinking back to some of those pre-embargo adjective laden reviews.

They are both uttershit

literally the best scene of the whole movie

It's nose looks like a massive cock too

>destroyed mystery of reys parents
>destroyed mystery of snokes identity
>kylo escaped with some other students training to be Jedi, but we never hear about them or see them in this movie
>would've made more sense for kylo and friends to sneak attack the jedi temple because Luke thought he could fix kylo, but instead Rian makes Luke want to kill kylo for a second and then somehow kylo beats him

Shit you're right, fucking Rian. Why didn't JJ Abrams direct this movie?