Was he trying to tell us something?

Was he trying to tell us something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aMnsdb1YiKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As far as I'm concerned anybody who heard this quote and still paid for the movie isn't a Star Wars fan. They're just a bandwagoning faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=aMnsdb1YiKA

I really wish I'd heard this before buying my tickets.

>I really wish I'd heard this before buying my tickets.
I did yet I still had hope the movie would have a lot of Snoke. How wrong I was

He knows what's coming for this movie.

Just go watch some of the interviews with him. He has been disapproving of the script and Luke's development for ages, so everyone who paid attention knew we will not see the Luke we looked up to as kids.

He was right. Luke felt like a senile old man in TLJ and was ultimately wasted to make the new cast important. It detracted from what made the OT great.

I fundamentally disagree with sucking dick but somebody payed me so I did it anyway. Ignore my opinion. It's worthless.

>caring that Rey's parents are nobody
>wanting muh twists

Imagine the fan praise and love he would have received after the release of the movie if he told Disney to fuck themselves and forced them to use a CG Luke for this shitshow. It would have been beautiful.

Good to see that the tradition of hyperbolically hating a new Star Wars movie is still alive

dude has more than enough money, he did it because he didn't want to be hated by his fans

>He signed a contract with George Lucas and then Disney took over and trashed the original script. Fuck Disney, fuck Harrison Ford for promoting TFA like it was a good movie. Mark is loyal to the fans and George. Harrison is just a greedy old fart who despise the fans and tricked them into watching this garabge

He knew it was a shitshow and tried to distance himself from the movie as early as possible. Disney completely underestimated how much people liked Luke. Especially the hardcore fanboys, who sustained the franchise after the end of the OT. All of that EU shit was based around Luke, and Disney performed a character assassination on him.

>completely underestimated how much people liked Luke
How is that even possible?

It's 2017, how could anyone like a fucking white male character?!

>Disney completely underestimated how much people liked Luke
You can see interviews of Kathleen Kennedy before TFA was released, she was saying the first thing they asked was "Who is Luke Skywalker". WTF WTF . if you don't know who he is you have no business in Lucasfilm. He is not and would never be the piece of shit you turned him into only to shoehorn a bland Mary Sue design to cater to tumblrinas

Kennedy and her cronies aren't Star Wars fans. They're business people that analyse data and trends. She looks at characterisation in the context of ticking boxes. People like her don't understand fandom. It's why she saw nothing wrong with the butchering of his character in this film. I'm glad there's backlash starting to build now, and I'm not even much of a Star Wars fan. You should never pander to people, it's just very clear that she and the rest have no respect for Hamill, or the fanatics that kept the series going.

Because Luke isn't as cool as Vader, and Vader did cool force things, so we put all the cool force things in a good guy and make that guy a girl, than she'll be the best Star Wars character ever!

Rey's parents just being some random nobodies is one of the few good things they did.

People hate movies that are shit or shit on beloved and well written characters. This movie had a problem with both these things

No, because they fucked her character even more. How the fuck is she so powerfull without training or force sensitive parents?.

>able to watch 3 movies for free in theatre every year
>save one spot for this movie
>literally pay nothing
And I felt scammed

Carrie died the day after seeing the Superleia scene for the first time. Not even kidding. It's a coincidence, of course, but it's a fun little fact for the edgelord in all of us to make fun of Disney with.

HAHAHA Jesus Christ get over your space shit. How old are you? If your over the age of 10 you should be over shitty Star Wars. Star Wars was NEVER meant to be this. It was just suppose to be ONE movie that has a nice little story. grow up lil bitch, it's a fucking kids movie

>people are still sucking hammils cock when he's obviously just mad the killed his character.
hurrr durrr georgies original script would have been so ebin almost as good as the prequels :)

I paid $80 to see this and seven other star wars movies over a period of 24 hours with barely 20 minutes of sleep and I felt great, and thought the movie had some of the best scenes of the franchise.

She's a child prodigy. Their words not mine.

>anakin pilots stuff that no human, let alone a child is able to pilot
>"how the fuck is anakin so powerul without training or force sensitive parents"

It's like you're saying the "there was no father" is a good explanation lol

What possesses a man to make a post of such terrible quality as this?

T. soyboy in the truest sense

Third worlders

oh i dunno seeing 300 redditard shitwars threads?

I asked why people make such shitty posts, I didn't ask for another example.

>Disney completely underestimated how much people liked Luke

How do you underestimate the main protagonist of Star Wars?

>Starts on Episode 4
>only one movie

Pick One

>that last part where Mark opens his eyes a tiny bit more like he just figured out how to commit a perfect murder

Exactly, Anakins parents were also random nobodies.

When it came it was called just Star Wars. I know you already know this. Your iq is probably high

>Anakin skywalker is a random orphan who ended up being the most powerful force user in the galaxy

>REY IS A NOBODY WTF GUYS THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

The problem isn't the power levels that Rey has. The problem is that all this FEEL YOUR WAY TO MASTERY dogshit spits on the face of the entire disciplined training in order to use the force with muh natural talent that makes the whole Jedi Order of old seem like a sham. Nice touch of them burning the temple down because that's basically what this movie does to the former movies.

Anakin was LITERALLY conceived by the force. How can you fail to understand a fucking Star Wars movie?

What's the first thing you see on the screen when the movie starts?

>all these brainlets who can't see the pure pottery in Luke becoming Alec Guinness

>Anakin was literally conceived by the force

Yeah, I bet you believe that Jesus was literally conceived without sex too.

Old Obi-Wan had a plan to defeat the Empire and immediately sprung into action against the Empire when he felt Luke was ready.

Yeah, I'm sure George was implying that Anakin's mom was a lying slut, and not that Anakin has mystical force origins, explaining his amazing force potential and why the Jedi thought he was the One.
Fucking brainlets.

oh shit the ring theory was a meta one

They bought a franchise. Their marketing tells them that Vader is the most iconic and valuable character and that stormtrooper, x-wing and lightsaber iconography sells really well. I know it's hard to understand, and I'm in no way trying to imply you're ignorant, but you have to appreciate that people like Kennedy are vultures. They don't understand the concept of a beloved character. They didn't get that people have waited 30 years for Luke to return. For them he was just a loose end for them to wrap up so they can get back to bombarding their new target demographics.

Death of the author man, you can see it either way.

Yall give to much credit to actors

brainlet detected

Who's to say that Rey isn't the same? It's just that there's no more midicholrian counters anymore. All you know about Rey's parents is they abandoned her. You don't know that she isn't a force spunk child.

Honestly at this point I am sure that prequel haters are retards who are only able to parrot each other
I'm so glad that nerd culture is dying

t. brainlet

she has what luke and anakin don't have
girl power

The fact that she has two parents you utter fucking brainlet. Do you know how sexual reproduction works?

Mickey's defence force going all out as the fruit starts to rot.

>she has two parents
She has two caretakers. There's nothing about the parents that you know. So far you've seen the parents on screen for a total of 3 seconds. Again I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying it's deliberately ambiguous to allow them to fill plotholes with whatever they like.

>Mickey's defence force

I'm not defending this mickey mouse show. I'm just as amused as you at how dumb the story is. I'm just saying that there's a get out clause and they made it in such a way that there will always be. You don't know who the parents are/were/will be.

What's worse is how blatantly they were willing to do it. Those shilling TLJ as a good sequel, or even as a good movie in general, were probably never Star Wars fans. Just mindless pop culture zombies.

Kylo says he saw Rey's parents in a vision and they were just useless junkie vagrants who are now dead. Did you even watch the new film, you braindead Mouseketeer?

In the original opening crawl their was no episode 4 a new hope. It just started with "it's a period of civil war". Your life is a lie

>Kylo says
Yes, lets take what the baddie says as fact. Must be true cause he said it.

21st Century Fox.

>bad guy says things to hero to tempt them to their side
>must be true

Spoken like a true mouseketeer.

t. mousketeers
>J-j-just wait for the next one, it will make sense next time you hand over your cash to Disney!

True but after this shitshow ditching the Knights of Ren, not answering snoke's origin and throwing rey's down the staircase, and finally shitting on Luke's character, do you really think those guys writing the script are smart enough that they put that clause on purpose? Sorry, but honestly I just think that they're fucking retarded and they never intended to be that way, it just happened.

>wait for the next one

I'm not saying that it's any good you mong. The whole franchise is a joke to begin with. Stop pretending that this shit show is high art and not just entertainment for normies and retarded children every christmas.

Knights of Ren are a terrible construction to begin with.

>Muh cosplaying as sith morons in their goofy red suits

>TFA isn't a bad movie! Just wait 2 years and we'll find out why Rey's so competent at everything. The mystery of her parentage will be explored.
>Ok TLJ didn't answer it, but the next one probably will, just wait 2 more years.

Because the Skywalkers are the chosen ones of the force.

>find out that Rey is a female clone of Anakin Skywalker

TWEEEST

Not anymore they're the baddies now

Yes, he seems to be trying to tell us that he fundamentally disagrees with every choice made for Luke in The Last Jedi.

>It was just suppose to be ONE movie
George had a 9 to 12 episode arc in his head at the start+

Why did he star in the movie if he hated it so much?

t. No clue about Star Shit

He signed up for the trilogy before the handover to Disney. It was quietly in the works before they stepped in and changed the entire dynamic of the trilogy.