What the fuck was the moral of this episode?

What the fuck was the moral of this episode?

the one where hank takes testosterone

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/222751-the-effects-of-testosterone-on-the-testis/
everydayhealth.com/news/signs-you-shouldnt-take-testosterone-therapy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this was a horrible episode

it basically told hank to go back to his boring old self

What is this "more all" that you. King of the Hill does not preach morals, its characters do. And they're always conflicting both with each other and the things that actually happen in the show. That's the point.

But Testosterone is a dangerous drug and it's not something a healthy grown man should be taking.

I think it was something along the lines of a real man honors his obligations, so Hank does the bull run and Bobby takes a group shower.

To show what a horrible selfish person Peggy was.

it was DONT FUCKING DRUG PEOPLE

this

Same as almost all the episodes: Peggy is a terrible person.

status quo is good

I don't think I could have hated Peggy more after this ep

>testosterone is bad for me

what are you?
some numale cuck?

>What was the moral

Why do people keep asking this about KotH? It's a comedy, there doesn't always have to be a moral.

comedy cartoons are where I derive most of my morals

Are you a gorilla? Read beyond the words "testosterone" and "bad". Generally, only people with medical issues take hormones for a reason. No, the testosterone in your balls (assuming someone so defensive has any) is not bad for you.

I guess that explains why the far-right is gaining so much traction.

>and it's not something a healthy grown man should be taking.

I forget. Didn't a doctor recommend it, but Hank turned him down? I thought it was something like that.

Insecure /fit/cuck, you're as bad a faggot as the muh triggered nu-males you despise, always ready to get offended

I bet you don't even lift lmao1pl8
Faggot

He did, then Peggy over dosed him into a second puberty causing Hanks body to produce less testosterone on it's own fucking him over in the end.

Doctor recommended a small dose of it gradually.

And then Peggy snuck it into his coffee and basically made him overdose/dependent on it.

It would have shrunk his balls if Peggy had kept it going OR if she had suddenly stopped.

king of the hill is one of the most politically-center shows ever made
the first season or two are mainly "lol rednecks r dumb," as mike judge shows are mainly about taking a group of people and showing off their idiocy and hypocrisy. Afterwards it's more about showing the necessity for Hank's moral absolutism and reconciling it with the way the world really works.

taking it is bad you fucking mong.

enjoy the shrivelled testicles

>testosterone is bad for you
quite the fucking opposite lol
When i start getting old im doping on that shit myself

Well with the narrow urethra it doesn't really matter if his balls shrink.

I suggest you do some research on the subject instead of going by mom science

herp a derp

livestrong.com/article/222751-the-effects-of-testosterone-on-the-testis/
>Testosterone affects the size and shape of the testicles. The testicles naturally produce testosterone, which contributes to the size and shape of the testicles. According to Drugs.com, testosterone enanthate, testosterone cypionate and testosterone gel can have side effects that include changes in the size and shape of the testes. MayoClinic.com lists "shrunken testicles" among common side effects of anabolic-androgenic steroids, which are synthetic derivatives of testosterone. Clinicians may attempt to offset testicular shrinkage with human chorionic gonadotropin, or HCG. HCG helps prevent testicle shrinkage and infertility. HCG may also boost adrenal functioning, libido and overall energy.

Just so you know, besides the testicle atrophy thing (which is whatever, who the fuck cares about the size of their balls), you'll increase the likelihood of prostate cancer.

>who cares about that, I'll be an old man by then!
With the way immunotherapy is going maybe they'll cure it (and all cancer), but my dad had prostate and bladder cancer and it was a pretty terrible way to die.
I know you think you'll kill yourself if you ever get cancer, but you won't, and as the cancer devours your insides, it also devours your cognitive capabilities and your strength. By the time you're ready to die, you're too weak to kill yourself, but not weak enough to be dead.

Your testicles atrophy m8. Feedback inhibition tells them to make less test when you take exogenous test. If you are taking enough exogenous test that its not a complete waste of time (more than you naturally produce) the feedback inhibition shrinks your testicles.

>testosterone causes prostate cancer
No it doesn't. You're obviously a woman, but dont worry its a common misconception. Youre confusing testosterone with another hormone.
>shrinks your balls
firstly who cares
second, your balls shrink because you are getting your testosterone from somewhere else. they return to normal otherwise

are there literal testosterone shills from the pharmaceutical companies in this thread?

>they return to normal otherwise
not on their own!

No just people that dont have an arm chair science understanding of the subject

Yes they do. If you stop ingesting it artificially

>On a board about comics and cartoons
>"I have an advanced understanding on hormone therapy treatments"
>"B-But that doesn't mean I work in pharmaceuticals, it's very common for a comic book neckbeard to just know this stuff!"
I'm on to you

nope, sorry

I have friends that have roided and done hormone therapy in the past.
Their ballsacs did shrink but once they stopped roiding they returned to normal.
sorry but youre wrong

Anecdotal evidence isnt proof of anything. Especially on an anonymous tibetan tapestry forum. Post some peer reviewed article.

Do you and your friends usually talk about your ballsacks?

Your balls go back to normal after you go off and run PCT. Or you can just take HCG while on cycle and they will never shrink. But temporarily smaller balls aren't so bad, your dick just looks bigger by comparison.

Yes?
It's a guy thing, you wouldn't understand

hmm

>No it doesn't.
The treatment for prostate cancer is literally to take testosterone blocking drugs. Believe what you want, the fact is everyone adult male will eventually get prostate cancer, and flooding your body with testosterone you otherwise wouldn't have is going to promote the activity of your prostate gland and ultimately result in cancer.

>are there literal testosterone shills from the pharmaceutical companies in this thread?
No, just people trying to convince themselves that their abuse of steroids for short term gains won't pay off with long term misery.

see>helps
>infertility
>libido
>overall energy

what could possibly go wrong?

>Testosterone does not cause prostate cancer, and neither does testosterone hormone therapy but it can make prostate cancer grow in patients that already have it," said Gilbert. "It might be like adding flame to the fire." According to guidelines from the Endocrine Society, you should not take testosterone if you have prostate cancer
everydayhealth.com/news/signs-you-shouldnt-take-testosterone-therapy/
The myth that testosterone causes prostate cancer is feminist propaganda to pacify and castrate our young men to make them more submissive to the matriarchy.

You're not a man simply because you're tough and do dangerous things. There's more to it.

you still shouldn't get roided up

Checked

funny that administration of estrogen in post-menopause women is quite widespread and accepted, if they don't have a mustache they probably use it, but TRT? No, testosterone evil.

And why shouldn't I?
Because it makes people uncomfortable?
Because its "gross"?
pic related is 75 years old, and he dopes with testosterone and is healthy as a horse.

because it's unnatural and turns you into a roided out douchebag

medicine is "unnatural", not an argument

>The myth that testosterone causes prostate cancer is feminist propaganda to pacify and castrate our young men to make them more submissive to the matriarchy.

I take it you have a small dick?

Funny no one tells this to women or trans people that dope themselves up with estrogen but the moment a guy wants to take roids or testosterone therapy everyone loses their minds.

I'm talking about in the context of general bodily health and build. You didn't "earn" those muscles and now you have a bunch of shitty side effects to deal with...

>castrate

your balls already produce testosterone. You don't need any more

Still bigger than yours man hating cunt.

critical hit!

Sometimes they stop producing enough, which is why you get men with low testosterone levels in their body.

These men are more likely to be depressed, slothful, have no motivation, can easily gain body fat and lose muscle mass.

The very unspecific moral is basically just don't try to be someone you're not or take responsibility etc...
in other words just typical bland cliche stuff but there is also obviously meant to be a more specific message because like always in KoTH there is very down to earth and somewhat realistic execution to it

The more specific message is obviously dealing with masculinity and its role in society

Taking testosterone allows Hank to become the popular image of masculinity that corporations and other groups utilize for marketing purposes and general manipulation
Essentially its the type of masculinity that people are driven to find desirable by societal pressures

But ironically enough in becoming that person Hank actually becomes more unstable and childish which leads him to the ultimate realization that being a man is not the same as "being a man"

All jokes aside, you are seriously pathetic, dude. Taking testerone for body-building purposes is unhealthy and dumb, even by /fit/ standards. Earn your muscles like a real man instead of throwing an /r9k/-style tantrum.

Estrogen also increases risk of breast/cervical/endometrial etc. cancers. People are probably more bothered by a woman with a mustache than a flabby man

The benefits outweigh any side effects. The side effects are exaggerated.

>The benefits outweigh any side effects
I don't think getting stole a few months earlier is worth potential infertility

I don't take roids but I'll surely cruise once I reach mid 30s. Fuck becoming weak, tired, soft and less virile. The side effects are minimal and manageable, athletes who are known to have taken 1g/week of test still live to their 70s.

Whatever helps you sleep. It's a free country.

Nah, its actually very beneficial and has more health benefits than the negative side effects feminists can pull from their asses. Many men around the world are much healthier on test than they would be off of it.

>earn your muscles
Listen little man,if you aren't competing in sports or some kind of contest then its perfectly acceptable to roid or take test.
You sound like a beta or someone that has never tried lifting weights in their life...

women are untouchable in todays world user

pathetic

Yes they fucking do, but the people who want to transition don't care.

Steroids don't shrink your dick btw. I know you might not have been implying that but it's a myth that goes around. Some may even increase penis size at least temporarily (halotestin).

Checked

So in a way you'll be paying for your muscles

You won't go infertile from running a cycle. If you go on permanently you may. Even then it can be prevented with HCG.

>if you aren't competing in sports or some kind of contest then its perfectly acceptable to roid or take test.

nahhhhhh

don't be lazy, that's a deadly sin.

or I could just earn it the natural, healthy way that doesn't fuck with my body's delicate chemical balance and leaves me a depressed husk in my 40s

Not at all.
The thing about muscles is not like a video game. You can't just spend money on stuff and expect them to get bigger automatically. Even with roids, you have to work your ass off, so no matter what,the men you see in the gym windows grunting and flexing as you exhuastedly waddle past them have earned those muscles.
Put a ballgag in it you silly slut, that in no way makes any sense.

>natural is healthy

kek
enjoy osteoporosis from test deficiency

in this case? yeah

>earn it
>stop cheating yourself
>don't be lazy don't take roids
you people are so basic holy fuck

lol, not an argument roidmonkey

So... by your logic an old man dying of Pneumonia shouldn't be allowed to take any medicines or roids to help him breathe better and survive

Yeah, that makes sense. He's cheating himself by taking those roids man. He should earn his health and not take the easy way out. He's just cheating himself.

no, we're moving the goalposts here.

There have been studies showing that guys who take test without doing any exercise end up gaining more muscle than guys who work out drug free. If you are not competing in anything you're not cheating by using steroids. People have a wide variety in how much test their body produces naturally, which limits how big their gains will be. One natty guy could be way stronger than another natty guy with less exercise just because his body produces more test. Life is unfair.

Nah man, anyone that takes drugs and doesn't do things naturally is just cheating themselves.
They should just earn it by doing things fair and square even though its not a competition.

Idk what the big deal is
The medial issues associated with moderate steroid use are pretty minimal compared to the benefits
And doctors regularly prescribe steroids to men, especially older men

Taking testosterone for muh swole is a bit different from taking it to literally survive, not to mention you're already old at that point anyway, so

i mean, damn think about it at least a little

>you're not cheating by using steroids.

you're cheating yourself. I mean, if you're not competing in anything why take roids at all? Certainly not for health reasons given the side effects

This "difference" you speak is not relevant at all and based solely on your personal bias on the subject matter.

You say its wrong and unnatrual simply because seeing men get their youth and vigor back just makes you uncomfortable.
Side effects are negligible considering the benefits, and there is nothing wrong with roiding PRECISELY because you are not competing.
I don't get you people.
Someone roids in sports you complain.
Some average guy roids that doesn't compete in sports you complain.
Pure unfiltered jealously is the only thing that can explain it.

Look at this projecting cry baby.
>my dad had cancer
>boo-hoo
>this makes me an expert now even though im wrong.
You need cancer, tell your corpse father to share

user, you're wrong just stop. Go attend your D.A.R.E. meeting or something.
Waddle on

lol back to Sup Forums, edgetard, this board is for adults

If you're not a bodybuilder, why are you roiding up?
To get bitches?
If so, muscles are only good for fat sluts, see /fit/.

This is a terrible thread.

I agree.
Sup Forums definitely is not going to make it.

>muscles are only good for fat sluts

delusional skinnyfat

If someone takes roids then they are usually on the path to becoming a bodybuilder, or are trying to break through their body's barrier of muscular plateau.

You arent getting good ass unless you have money too.
Muscles get you the bottom tier bitches.

>this is what dylefags genuinely believe
So you're telling me if a ripped guy was hitting on you and had the cash you wouldn't let him smash?

Which is why when they commissioned him to do a liberal version it was scrapped quickly. People don't like looking into the mirror sometime.

Nigger you gotta get into that situation.
If youre autistic but swole, you'll end up back here.