You know what time it is Sup Forums. It's time to get judged. Post and rate others

You know what time it is Sup Forums. It's time to get judged. Post and rate others.

Template follows.

>equating video games with cinema, music and literature

Vidya is fine if you pick
>any album and not songs by themselves
>any movie made past 1970
>sci-fi or magical fiction literature

in 50 years we'll have snobs picking apart 90s videogames for meaning and symbolism, yikes.

No, because music, cinema, and literature, no matter how terrible the individual piece, can always be considered as art. Video games, however, can categorically never be art.

Video games have music, cutscenes, and writing though.

Go home anti-art

Why is a template necessary here. Just fucking post in text.
>Video Games
Fallout NV, Skyrim, GTA SA
>Movies
The Good The Bad The Ugly, Taxi Driver, Collateral
>Albums
Master of Puppets, In Rainbows, Conan The Barbarian Soundtrack
>Books
Crime and Punishment, Beyond Good and Evil, Goethe's Faust

They're remaking Shadow of Colossus btw.

I agree on vidya never being considered art. However, I don't like to pretend that every movie, song or text I enjoy is made with artistic porpuses.

Art is a meaningless term. If someone can say a urinel is art then I don't see why someone can say a game is art.

Because that urinal, despite most likely being post-modernist garbage, is still an evocative piece that requires a certain degree of contemplation from the spectator. Video games, by comparison, are just toys.

But at the same time, these kind of threads are infested with albums, movies and books without any artistic merit. Not trying to say what I like is real art, but that there's really no contradiction in having videogames there.

Don't really play vidya that much. I added comics and TV because why not.
Good taste in general, I love Hou, the time to live and the time to die just barely missed out on my list. Loved Trier's new film Thelma.
>koreeda
>dj shadow
>denzel curry
>hertmans
Good shit. Dunno how I feel about the rest of your chart though.

Every album, movie, and book have artistic merit, by definition. Video games do not.

>Day of the Tentacle

patrician

Not really, academic texts aren't artistic by definition. Artistic merit is limited by the end purpose.

He isn't even making an argument, he's just going "nuh uh."

>Herzog
>Journey
>GraveDiggaz
>Twin Peaks
Good picks my man. Can you help with Nabokov? I only read Loliti by him and want to read some of his other stuff. Which one do you recommend reading next?

>teh vidya

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF

Start with his Russian stuff, but look for his own translations. Try The Eye, Glory or Despair.

>but look for his own translations
I saw his son also did some translations. Would you recommend those too?

Add the MVGA and it's pretty kino.

Yeah those are good too. His own are the best though.

R8 and h8 bros

Thanks for the advice. Will check out more of his work.

>speed racer
Everything else makes me want to say you have shit taste but I just can't.

I'm a sucker for arcade games, noise rock, easy reads about the struggles of a man and movies that deal with men values without sacrificing other elements.
I don't hate it, but certainly don't remember any bangers from Pokemon other than the intro.
Not a fan of your vidya section, but I love Gravediggaz and Cerebus.
I haven't checked anything from here, which is weird because Coil, Mishima and Journey to the End of the Night are fairly popular.

Apocalypse Now and Dirt are the tits.

not trying to impress strangers/10

Old but still holds up

Names of the films ?