Most people will probably complain that The Last Jedi copies a lot from Empire Strikes Back. And it does...

Most people will probably complain that The Last Jedi copies a lot from Empire Strikes Back. And it does, don't get me wrong on that. But, really, that's the least of its problems. The biggest problem is that it copies a lot of the prequels, mainly the mistakes they made there.

The most obvious example of this is the shitty humor. There's just so much of it, and none of it is funny. People laughed in the theater I was at once. Every other joke just missed its mark. Probably the worst was when they're flying around in the Falcon and the porg is trying to be all cute and funny in what's supposed to be a somewhat tense part of the movie.

The writing in The Last Hope is trash, on par with Attack of the Clones. "We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down" is easily just as shitty as "Believe me, I wish I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't." In fact, it surpasses it because that spark line gets repeated.

There's also a lot of really dumb ideas. Luke milking the alien's tits is something even Lucas would have said "no this is too much" in the prequels. Then there's the dumb horse aliens. And the porgs. And the aliens in Canto Bight are all stupid and cartoony. There's an alien with a fucking redneck accent for Christ's sake, and people ride Lucas's ass for Dexter Jettster? And the bit with BB-8 getting coins from the drunk alien is dumb. And the monk aliens are stupid jokes. And the fucking porgs. And the little kids and that fucking ending with them, God almighty. And BB-8 beating up all those security guards. And the FUCKING PORGS!

Oh, and hey, how about that forced romance that comes out of fucking nowhere? Suddenly Rose loves Finn even though they've known each other for LESS THAN A FUCKING DAY. Seriously, they only had 18 hours on that mission. You know what? Romance in Clones was better. At least they knew each other for a longer time than less than a day. At least they had some chemistry. At least they had some history. At least the romance was set up in advance and didn't come out of nowhere.

Oh, and don't forget how they have to point out that the planet totally isn't Hoth. It's not snow, guys. It's salt. A guy licks the fucking ground and says it's salt. It's not snow. We're not on Hoth. Fucking brilliant.

Honestly, I'd prefer a straight Empire rip-off to this prequel wannabe shit. I prefer The Force Awakens to The Last Jedi. Just download the script for Empire, change some of the names around, shoot it, and you'd have a better movie right there. Goddamnit.

Fuck, I forgot about the little kids at the end. I had already mentally ended the movie on one of those beautiful final wide shots.

Also...
>clunky dialogue
>awkward pacing
>Snoke, a very powerful Force user gets rekt like a scrub because reasons?
>In fact, what do we even know about him?
>Phasma had to make another appearence but also only to get rekt like a scrub. Either make her relevant to the plot in an interesting way or leave her in TFA
>And shit let's send a political message about the military-industrial complex while we're at it
>Also, why was Admiral Dern acting like such a bitch to Poe? Couldn't she just tell him "oh yeah we have a plan and we're gonna hide out over here" instead of pushing him to the point of starting a mutany?
>Rey cave scene felt like it was there exclusively to cocktease fans about her parents

It felt like a total clusterfuck but hey the part where they destroy the flagship was pretty cool so overall I liked it

okay thanks for your opinion that nobody is going to read

At least one user read it.

If you don't want to read people's opinions, why come to a discussion board?

>I had already mentally ended the movie on one of those beautiful final wide shots.
It was a pretty decent place to end the movie. It feels like they wanted to do an after credit scene but Disney told them no.

Why the fuck can't a romance arise from one day? Romances arise in real life from only hours spent together

Hey! What the fuck OP I posted this on reddit earlier...

Because they had no chemistry and didn't seem to like each other, they didn't earn it unlike dare I say it the prequels which showed too much but they still had some chemistry.

Go back.

I was waiting for it to cut to credits, the music was swelling ...and then cut to little kids. It definitely felt out of place.

Oh god if you're going to any movie, why would you pick the prequels? A great example of how not to do romance

After less than one day you're just going to love someone so much that you sacrifice your life for them, despite sharing absolutely no chemistry? Yeah, no, that's bullshit.

Because even the prequels did it better than it was done here. The Anakin/Padme romance was vastly superior to the Rose/Finn romance. That's how shit Rose/Finn was. Fucking Poe/Finn would have made more sense because it least they had something going for one another. There was some chemistry there.

>Snoke, a very powerful Force user gets rekt like a scrub because reasons?
Can we all agree that Snoke is worse than Steppenwolf?

She sacrificed herself because she loved her fellow rebels/resistance fighters, she would've done it for any of them. The kiss was the result of her romantic love

She saves him because she romantically loves him. She didn't jump in the front of any lasers for any of the other fighters who got killed. This romantic love makes no sense given that she knew the man for less than a day.

She didn't jump in front of every other fighter because they were in formation and they had a job to do. At the point where she saves fin she knows he's going to die, and her only role is to retreat. She was willing to sacrifice herself for the resistance just like her sister did

And Finn also had a job to do, and would have gotten it done if love hadn't gotten in the way (love that, again, makes no sense and was horribly forced). He straight up asks her why she did it, she says love, and they kiss. End of the argument.

what did disney mean by this?

>There's an alien with a fucking redneck accent for Christ's sake

guardians of the galaxy did this and it worked

Lol faggot