Wait 12 years for Samurai Jack's return

>Wait 12 years for Samurai Jack's return.
>Season 5 is focusing on Ashi more than him now

But it isn't.

/thread

fpbp

Besides, Ashi is cute.

10 episodes. Main plot problem is Jack's sanity and sense of direction. Next ep is the turning point.
You want him to be brought back from the brink by some literally who? She needed more screentime, and we needed a break from being inside the head of a guy about to attempt suicide.

Also, that's not what focussing means. There's no Ashi subplot. There's only a Jack plot where he loses his grip temporarily.

>Wait 12 years for Samurai Jack's return.
That's the problem

This is the biggest issue I have.
She's a bad character so far honestly but everyone is just all "She's cute/thicc/etc."

Her character is perfectly fine.

it isn't though.

Imagine this episode airing today

>wait 12 years for Samurai Jack's return
>an entire episode about a literal who robot and his dog

And you fags know you'd do it.

This, this will be the downfall of men in media

>spends episode trying to kill Jack
>does nothing but say "Die samurai scum" and shit the whole time
>Ladybug lands on Jack
>"Oh ok, I believe he may be telling the truth now"
Fuck you.

>Sweet thing

That's oversimplifying it, don't you think?

No I don't think it is. Everyone keeps telling me she's 'fine' as a character, but all I get for reasons are that they really wanna fuck her.

You need a character to identify yourself to. And since Jack is basically a 70 year old man at this point it's easier to identify to a teenage girl

I think I get the reason why you don't like her, user.

From episode 1 they demonstrated that she wasn't like the other sisters of Aku, and that she was curious about the outside world. If you can't see they've been dropping those hints from Ep. 1 then I don't know what to tell you, friend.

can someone link the ep pls

yeah sure.

Still. a whole childhood worth of brainwashing... only for the person you're supposed to hate to kill all your sisters (inb4 she was taught not to care) and a fucking LADYBUG... is what made her decide to go against all that child abuse, and side up with the man who murdered her sisters 2 episodes before.

The episode showed that she had doubts all along. It was only when her sisters were dead and she'd been saved over and over by him that she took the time to reflect upon her doubts once more.

Well, you did get double dubs.
Tell ya what, post a dick pick with a time stamp and I'll post a mega link.

didn't want a download anyway!

Just fucking type in 'season 5 episode5' into startpage, it's on eight hundred million different cartoon watching sites now

Hey watch me trivialize you too
>REEEEEEEE GIRLS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seems the sticky thread doesn't exist anymore. Can someone post the MEGA link for the last episode ?

Jack finally lives up to his name

Oh, c'mon. It was a good episode.
Well, thats your choice but the offers still on the table.

whacha (stuff)

I've found it on daily motion, and i'd rather sends pics of my ass anyway

Or how about the fact I just want Samurai Jack to be the main point of the show called "Samurai Jack"?

And it still is.
But you seem to be forgetting that Genndy was never afraid to shift focus away from Jack.

Your just mad that it's a girl getting that focus.

The only thing that bothers me about Ashi is she has the same hair cut as Ilana. Not bad, just something I can't help but notice

He is, though.

You're a moron, an absolute moron. So you fucking shrug off that she obviously was raised to not care about her siblings, which is important. And you know damn well that the more she becomes normal, she'll end up caring about their deaths, but she'll realize that her siblings were brainwashed and didn't know the truth.

and this whole "A FUCKING LADY BUG" crap you people spew is garbage. It wasn't the literal Ladybug that made her change her mind, it was the fact that it brought out inconsistencies in what her mother taught her. Big questions can develop from small things.

And she didn't completely flip on the dime in that episode. Even in this episode, she was still in a bit of denial.

>Sup Forums has got to the point where they can't no longer understand the most simple of stories
>Even when we see scenes that explain clear as water the characters motivations and goals
>Even when the characters themselves say out loud their motivations and goals
>The only way to make it more simple it would be Genndy himself explains on camera very slowly why the characters act the way they do

Maybe the Comic side of Sup Forums was right, Cartoons do make people brain dead

I'll explain it for you, Ashi doesn't care about Aku and never did, nor she cared about her sisters, she cared about nature becouse it looked pretty, she was by all means at heart a good guy fighting for the bad guy's side, becouse she was always sheltered and constantly preached that Aku made nature, a thing she likes, she was very passionate to a zealous degree about killing Jack, a guy that they said was opposing Aku "creator of everything good and nature", Jack, once he gets a hold of the situation, shows her by saving her multiple times and by being an all around good guy that she was in fact wrong about everything, the ladybug scene is just something she could relate more closely and the final push that makes her stop and think if what was she was doing was the right thing to do, becouse her mother was a bitch that killed bugs and punched her daily and jack was a nice guy that save her multiple times and doesn't kill pretty bugs, you could even say that moment "Really make her think"

You're a dumbass op if you really think the focus has been on Ashi this whole time.

Nah. I was looking forward to the Daughters being a focus as villain, and Ashi turning slowly... but ffs she turned in a few episodes she's taking up so much time now with her pointless shit.

Doesn't feel like it.

link me

I see her as a way to remind Jack of what he's fighting for. The Scotsman kinda mentioned it, saying Jack is out inspiring people by the thousands. I don't expect them to bang, but if some cult of Aku ho convinces him that the world is beautiful and worth saving maybe he can get out of the rut he's in.

>I just want Samurai Jack to be the main point of the show called "Samurai Jack"?
Then you probably should have stopped watching seasons ago because there have been many episodes where Jack isn't the main focus of the episode.

You are a faggot op

>Doesn't feel like it.

Yes it does.

>91574910

No it doesn't.

>Doesn't feel like it.
If it doesn't feel like Jack is the main focus of the season to you, then that actually isn't the shows fault, it's your fault for being too autistic to realize it because he clearly is.

>Doesn't feel like it.
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? Jack is literally still the main focus.

Then you must have hated every season leading up to this as the structure of a ton of episodes were
>Jack encounters a new group of people, usually the group is painfully analogous to a specific culture
>Culture is under threat from Aku's robots
>Jack learns something from the culture and uses it with his own skills to save them

This new season is actually the most focused on Jack with all his introspective insanity and watching him through Ashi's eyes.

>WAHHHH THERE'S A GIRL IN MY TOONS
>THIS IS SAMURAI JACK, NOT SAMURAI ASHI, THOUGH THERE HAVE BEEN EPISODES WHERE JACK WASN'T THE MAIN FOCUS IN THE PAST, THIS IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT'S A CHICK
>WAHHH SJW FEMINISM PROPAGANDA BULLSHIT
>GENNDY IS A HACK!

They have to focus on Ashi so that it makes sense when Jack goes berserk and loses himself after she gets killed

If it makes you feel better OP I've waited 15 years for Shenmue III and I already know it's not gonna end with Ryo finally fighting Lan Di.

This argument is retarded because lack of jack or not has no bearing on quality of the show, plus it's blatantly wrong as everyone else has pointed out, but the best episodes of Samurai Jack pre-season 5 focused on other characters.
>Scotsman saves jack
>Tale of X-9
>Jack and the Bounty Hunters
And even in other episodes like Jump Good and Jack and the Monks, the best parts of those are jack interacting with the people he meets. Jack is great but what's great about jack is the way he influences people, or becomes an incredible barrier for them to overcome. He's a mythic legend that inspires hope in an Aku blasted world and Ashi personifies that to it's full extent. That's what the show as been about since the beginning.

But user, how can I shitpost if I have to acknowledge nuance and anything not having a binary great/shit value?

>Spend on episode on Aku telling fairy Tales to kids
>"Dude that's like the best episode of the series lmao"
>Spend one episode where the Scottsman tries to save Jack from the sirens
>"Dude Scottsman kicks ass"
>Spend one episode on Ashi trying to find Jack
>"DUDE WTF THIS SHOW IS CALLED SAMURAI JACK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Except that episode was really good and it was a onetime episode, not taking up the entire season.

>Jack's clothes are removed at literally every opportunity
>Ashi's outfit is completely pristine, not even a tear

Really makes you think

>Spend two episodes on Emperor and Aku
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because it's funny.

Ashi's clothes are literally skin tight spandex anyway.

I think what people are upset about is that we had 10 episodes to finish the series. We're halfway through and the only thing that's happened is that Jack accepted he had to kill humans.
The first five episodes have been completely focused on the daughters of Aku.

We know user. We all know you wish you could bang a girl.

Okay clearly you either can't pick up on very obvious story tropes or you're fucking retarded and why am I even offering the former as an option.

You only retained one thing from these 5 episodes and that one thing isn't even right. You were either not paying attention or are simply retarded.

>funny
Wat? He goes through a bunch of brutal fight scenes where his clothes get ripped from his body every single time and you think that's supposed to be funny?

Jack is literally focus of every episode.

Even next episode will be about Ashi finding Jack.

Yeh, it is pretty funny how he's been stripped off his clothes practically every episode.

I also like that practically every episode Jack loses and gets new weapons, either signifying how he can't fill the whole left by the sword, or hinting that he can accomplish anything he wants without it.

The past few episodes have just featured some brutal fighting. He's not going to be able to keep weapons that keep getting destroyed.

I hate Ashi because tara strong is fucking awful. As a cahracter I couldnt care less, but Tara Strong deserves no work and for the balloons she hides in her shirt to pop

You sound like a mature and well rounded individual

You mean every episode.

He loses literally everything, bike, spear, armor in second episode.

He's lost everything one time really, it's just this season is a continuous series of events equivalent to a 5 hour movie.

you're a lying fag because you're not watching the show, you're just parroting /r9k/ tier complaints

>Ashi meets up with the woolie elder
>Reveals jack's doings for the past 50 years with his memory stare.
Screencap this.

at least Im honest

>Ashi can hear a child-mind controlling frequency when Jack can't
so does this mean Ashi confirmed underaged?

The whole point of the second half of this episode was for her to see those mind controlled kids and realised she'd been brain washed too. I thought it was a little too in your face but with with all the empty headed retards like you about I guess why they did it that way

Ashi is a wonderful character, and if you dedicate too much time to Aku the finale would happen faster.

nah, it just means she's not 25.

>There's no Ashi subplot.

Well I wouldn't go that far. Ashi clearly has her own arc that parallels Jack's, and his is part of one of the B-plots regarding the cult - which has been hinted will be discovered by Aku, which is likely also leading to High Priestess being a secondary antagonist and Ashi confronting her mother while Jack faces Aku.

However it's clear Ashi's main purpose is to be a supporting character who serves as a lead-in to Jack resolving his conflicts. So far she's mostly been there to give someone to talk to rather than stay in his suicidal head space, and the next episode it seems like she'll be a lead in to answer the "Where are they now" questions surrounding the other characters Jack's helped in his travels as a reminder of the hero Jack used to be.

I do to an extent get the concerns that they've maybe dedicated a little too much screen time after seeing Jack's adventures were mostly solo, but I would say that doesn't outweigh her purpose in the story and I highly doubt the next episode will be mostly Ashi rather than an even split between her and Jack.

Ashi will replace Jack in the story. Jack will die, Ashi will continue his legacy.

Samurai Ashi spinoff CONFIRMED?

everything can sound retarded when you oversimplify it. fuck you.

No
it just means she's part monkey

Nope. Jack will either die, or just plain refuse to fight. Ashi will take up the sword and finish it for him. Then all the aging that hasn't happened, will happen at once (like the viking golem guy) and Jack will die, re-united with his ancestors and friends

>not only is Sup Forums in mindless fanboy hype denial stage, half of it also goes REEEE /r9k/ GET OUT if anyone dares criticize Genndy's childhood waifu insert
Fuck off Sup Forumsmblr. If it was a poorly voice-acted cowboy named Hank, I'd be no less annoyed about some low quality literally who taking up all of the limited screen time, especially with pacing like ep 5's showing just how precious that time is. The only negative impact her being female could have is Genndy going for an unnecessary romance angle, which feels likely given that's what she was in SJ's kiddy dreams source material.

she has to be around 16-17 in my opinion.

Man, it's been awhile since I got a chance to dip into my "OP is a fag" folder.

>spends two episodes on emperor and aku
>"This is fucking essential viewing"
>spend one episode about a robot with emotions trying to kill Jack
>"This is like one of the best episodes of the series lmao"
And it's true, because all the episodes that give a different point of view to the story are absolute kino

Can't be the only one that's getting a bit dissapointed in how they're portraying Aku.
Jokes and lightheartedness is fine but i was hoping more Birth of Evil and instead we get this weird middle ground.

YERR JUST A BIG BABY

How has nothing happened?
>We pick up with Jack, 50 years since the original series. He lost his sword in a fight years ago, and has completely lost all hope of defeating Aku. He is haunted by the souls of his ancestors, because by this point Aku has destroyed every time portal and there's no chance of getting back to the past.
>Meanwhile, Aku hasn't shown himself in years, and a cult worshipping him raises 7 daughters to find and kill Jack as an offering to Aku.
>Jack encounters a scatting robot and has one of the best fights of the series with it
>Jack runs into the daughters of Aku, has a long, lengthy battle with them
>In the midst of this battle, we learn Jack is being haunted by a spirit that resembles himself, who tells Jack that the only honorable way out is suicide
>Jack is also being haunted by the Japanese demon that drags people to Hell for failure
>the battle continues, and Jack kills one of the Daughters, shocked by the fact that she's human, as he's never killed a human before and assumed they were just robots
>Jack is gravely injured in the fight
>Jack recovers with a wolf in a cave and we are given a look back into his childhood where he learns from his father that killing should be avoided at all costs, but if the person is threatening you or your family, and there's no way out, you give them one final chance. If they don't take it, you kill them and save yourself.
>the Daughters track and find Jack
>Jack gives them a choice to leave and live, or stay and face their destiny
>they choose to kill
>Jack is forced to kill all but one
>Ashi, the one who lived was the one who had doubts in the first episode
>Jack begins pondering if he can save her
>Jack and Ashi are swallowed up by a giant creature
>They make their way through the creature, and eventually escape it, along the way Jack saves Ashi many times causing her to reconsider her thoughts about Jack

back to ur containment board

It really fucking isn't. Ashi has one episode to herself (not even completely) next week and you're complaining that she's taking it over?