Adam Driver

Can we take a moment to acknowledge this fucker for a second? Possibly the only good performance out of everyone. He stole the show almost every time he was on screen and was the only main character not to make a single "witty quip" throughout the entire film.

Even when he goes back to being evil after siding with Rey he does not want to side with the resistance or the First Order. He just wants them all to fuck off which makes sense for his character. He's not suddenly evil out of nowhere. He just wants to refuse to play their game.

He's just sasuke so no ty

Honestly after reading all the negativity here, I was blown away by how much better it was then I expected. Adam Driver kills it, but even Daisy did a much better job this time around. Rian must be really good with actors because the performances he got from pretty much the entire cast is remarkable.

Why are the villains the only interesting characters?

I wonder if they realized how fucking shit the movie they were making is

I see you have neither watched Naruto or this film.

He should have been the main character

Adam and Oscar Isaac were both good. The rest of the cast were sub par.

Code breaker guy was fun

*stands perfectly still for long periods of time like a possum playing dead*

Whoa, much acting, such impressed. Give this guy an oscar

Him too, how could I forget.

lololololololol

I had a feeling we'd be deluged with threads about how BASED Kylo is in the wake of TLJ. It's a sad as it is predictable. Why?

Because Kylo is the average embittered manchild. Of course you're going to view him as this brilliant, dashing antihero. If he lived in our universe, he'd be entitled. He'd be an altrighter. He'd post GamerGate memes and harass everyone from the comfort of his basement. He is you. And the fact that you revere him says a whole fucking lot about you.

To sane, rational people (read: not lonely embittered white dudes with tiny penises), Kylo is pure evil incarnate. We don't see Kylo and immediately become an apologist for him. He's clearly pure evil. And not an abstract, theatrical sort of evil like Darth Vader. He's an all-too-palpable sort of evil. The same kind of evil who handed the presidency to Trump and kills unarmed PoC on the streets and gropes women in Hollywood offices.

It will be so so so so satisfying to watch him get utterly destroyed by PoC led by a strong female leader in the next film. I can't wait to read through the threads as you impotently rage about that. I will bask in your tears. I'll bathe in them. I'll drink them like Luke drank the green alien titty milk.

So? If women blacks and Asians can have their pandering self inserts then we should too

He's too cynical to join the resistance. His mom neglected him to be a senator and the senate didn't change things for the better (people like Rey are slaves for instance). His dad was a smuggler turned war hero turned racer and he was never home. His uncle tried to kill him in his sleep. The rebellion won against the empire but things are still chaotic, the galaxy needs order. So in his mind he isn't evil, he's attempting to fix things in ways the OT couldn't.

Because the good characters arent fighting for anything. 'Fighting to survive' isnt an interesting motive when the characters themselves arent interesting.

In the first film they were at least motivated by Han's death which amped up both Finn and Rey as well as Kylo, they try to ride that wave into this movie but it doesnt work.

because you dont know if they will win or what their true motives are from the start.

excuse me? possibly the best performance in the entire trilogy so far

this is amazing

whats the fucking deal with him tho, did fin and asian girl just gave up looking for the master code breaker, or is he actually THE code breaker they're looking for?

He's the only good character in this entire charade of movies

He was but it didn't matter coz they couldn't get past the guards, and coz there was a better contignency plan already in place.

so this is what representation feels like

basically a cool character that was a reverse han solo. he took the money and truly ran. Pointless sub plot to be honest.

>this thread

but of course he will lose because rey has to win because this is disney wars

absolutely.

He did great, despite the fucking disgrace of a movie.

Daisy did good as well, so did Poe.
Finns character was acted out fine but was all over the fucking place.

this story was mind-bogglingly bad, and terribly directed.
Rian deserves all the blame in the world

-t. Someone who never fucking complains about movies.

Maybe the most dishonest

He is what Anakin should have been. Could you imagine the PT with him playing Anakin. Would be fucking amazing.

how do u know hes the code breaker? did he wear the red lotus or whatever that is? and they met in the prison because of.... coincidence? and why did benicio decided to break out of prison after they met fin and asian girl? why not before? he certainly didnt need their help whatsoever.... fuck, that storyline is a fucking joke

You realize that the only reason the Galaxy is in the condition it is in is because the New Republic ran the Restored Republic the way Democrats ran Detroit and it got its ass kicked by the First Order sooner than you could say “Bob’s Your Uncle!”

Sometimes leftists undermine their own Narrative without thinking about it, because of their obsession with Race.

the code breaker was justin theroux, it was a coincidence that they met

Good performance, completely pointless character

Nice bait

>In a movie about gurl power and how women are better than men, male characters still end up giving better performances than most of the female characters.

This, but unironically.

anyone have that shirtless kylo pic? im asking for a friend

He said Adam Driver gave the best performance not that Kylo was the best character.

He's my favorite character in all of Star Wars.

this is the post of the year

eloquent, well paced bait. i've not seen much like it

Is he the actual main character of this trilogy?

T H I C C

yes, but on accident

Because the "good guys" fight for the shoved ideas that Disney wants to plant on you.

Meanwhile the bad guy is just the oposite, hence it turns him into a more likeable character for all the non Disney-shills.

Nah Sasuke didn't care about bitches.

No, he's a Skywalker within a series of 9 movies divided into 3 trilogies focusing on the Skywalkers. He IS the main character.

>lololololololol
>
>I had a feeling we'd be deluged with threads about how BASED Kylo is in the wake of TLJ. It's a sad as it is predictable. Why?
>
>Because Kylo is the average embittered manchild. Of course you're going to view him as this brilliant, dashing antihero. If he lived in our universe, he'd be entitled. He'd be an altrighter. He'd post GamerGate memes and harass everyone from the comfort of his basement. He is you. And the fact that you revere him says a whole fucking lot about you.
>
>To sane, rational people (read: not lonely embittered white dudes with tiny penises), Kylo is pure evil incarnate. We don't see Kylo and immediately become an apologist for him. He's clearly pure evil. And not an abstract, theatrical sort of evil like Darth Vader. He's an all-too-palpable sort of evil. The same kind of evil who handed the presidency to Trump and kills unarmed PoC on the streets and gropes women in Hollywood offices.
>
>It will be so so so so satisfying to watch him get utterly destroyed by PoC led by a strong female leader in the next film. I can't wait to read through the threads as you impotently rage about that. I will bask in your tears. I'll bathe in them. I'll drink them like Luke drank the green alien titty milk.

Well from the looks of things hes the only character that has earned their arc so far. Hes done stuff that has shown him to be flawed but he also has a consistent character that evolves. The others are all caricatures at best.

Half of this post is self contradictory

To start with, I'm not male nor white.

You're saying a lot of bullshit that has nothing to do with the character himself. I'm embarrassed that this has so many replies when it's so wrong. Fuck off to tumblr you sick landwhale.

I thought Poe was pretty good too. He actually does have some Han moments in this one. I almost don't hate him.

Way to spoil the Chloe Moretz cameo

Holly shit, Benicio is one talented motherfucker.

HE HAD A CHANCE TO ASK HER OUT, BUT HE CHOSE NOT TO

what a loser.