A P O L O G I Z E

A P O L O G I Z E

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?q=capekino&src=typd
archive.is/eY6B4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BvS:UE is pure capekino.

That critic score is fucking retarded. How did that film deserve that when trash like Dr Strange and TFA got 90%?

/thread

Fucking hell that's bad. BvS had the excuse of a shitty theatrical cut and needless amount of online smear campaigns.

twitter.com/search?q=capekino&src=typd
Cringe soyboy

I don't have to , I like it.

It's not in the highest echelon of cape films and it's not even as good as Man of Steel, but it's still a quality superhero movie. Better than most.

As for the OP, the critics that Rotten Tomatoes aggregates are by and large garbage. Just scroll down the summaries on any acclaimed film. In about half of the "fresh" reviews you will see a film praised as "timely" or "the movie we need right now" or lauded for the skin color or sex of the cast or the director.

archive.is/eY6B4

This article was run on Rotten Tomatoes' front page for a few days earlier this year. Since I've read this piece of steaming garbage, I've written off the idea that there is any legitimacy to RT's aggregations. If this type of "critic" who fundamentally misunderstands a good film due to political biases is worthy of their front page, then what does that say about the nameless ones in the aggregations?

I'm sure a few of the critics referenced on RT are legitimate and knowledgeable about TV and film, but they are drowned out by such a sea of shit that it is a mistake to ascribe any value whatsoever to RT scores.

History will be kind to bvs

I just love how The Last Jedi redeems all DC films because of its badness.

I will not. I've always supported our lord and savior. BvS UE is the best superhero movies of the past decade.

Dubs confirm

It has to be. It's The Blade Runner of this decade. In more ways than just one.

Nothing to apologize for. I'd give the first 2/3s of the movie a 9-10. But the last 1/3rd is a fucking 1/10. Disgusting.

>this entire thread

No

NO, BVS and MOS are shit

Man of Steel was a million times better. BvS is too bloated and the extended cut mostly adds useless scenes.

I watched it on a plane ride and I don't understand the memeing
it was kind of dull and luthor was annoying as fuck, but it wasn't a horrible film.

the "problem" of evil is easily resolved once you take into account the doctrine of original sin and the free will of man
only nietzschcucks even think it's a real argument

>uses the faggiest version of Peter Parker to match the literal dick sucker in the MCU
LMAO

Zack isnt a good story teller but you have to give it to him, he has a good eye and knows how to shoot

>smothers a potentially powerful story in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action
>It's okay when Marvel does it

What makes you think the filmmaker intended for Lex to make a truthful argument? Guy was losing it. And he was using philosophy to justify his jealousy and greed. Superman is everything he wants to be.

It will be remembered as the last high budget cape flick directed by an auteur

Get the fuck back you cunt.

Evil isnt as simple or as black and white as that

Zack Snyder's DC movies are far more rich in storytelling than any of Marvel's attempts since Disney bought them.

too white

I'm attempted story telling sure. But they mostly fall flat.

Last big budget movie where a director was allowed so much freedom to implant his vision. Genuinely sad it wasn't appreciated

In*

I agree but they are just stuffed to the gills with too much shit. I think Snyder could make an incredible film if he just narrowed the spectrum of themes in his superhero work.

Yes it's sad critics destroyed the genre with BvS. They did the opposite of what critics are supposed to do. They supressed talent and promoted corporate-made film. Just look how much the critic establishment are losing face over TLJ.

BvS wasn't even supposed to be a thing though. It was literally corporatism that created it.

Whether you liked that version of Lex or not, you can't deny Eisenberg gave a good performance.

The Batman v Superman was Snyder's ideas. He talked about wanting to do it from early 2007.

The Wonder Woman and JL teaser? Yeah that's corporatism.

MoS was the start of a standalone Superman trilogy. Warner Bros. only greenlit BvS when they say how well the MCU was doing.

There are a ton of Batman references in MoS. Snyder wanted to end the film with kryptonite arriving in Wayne Manor before Nolan changed his mind.

There was going to be a Superman trilogy. And it was always going to end with the formation of Justice League of America. David Goyer said back in '13 he envisioned the final part to also include Justice League.

But there definitely things changed to BvS to turn a trilogy into a film universe. Such as Wonder Woman and such being included this early.

For

Justice league should've been after supes was dead for good. It could've been weaker heroes banding together to replace Superman. Really though, Affleck should've had his own movie first. Snyder could've done a comic book schlocky serious Batman fighting ridiculous villains like me freeze and joker.

You basically made my point. BvS would not have been a thing in it's current form if not for Warner Bros. getting invoked. Warner Bros. originally only greenlit a Superman trilogy and then they did Bed to jumpstart and rush out Justice League.

I would've loved this. Batman was the only good part of BvS.

Because “but muh Disney and muh Marvel” bias

i hope whatever they do with his character in the future, they make it worthwhile because he's probably one of the few redeeming things in this cinematic universe

Would've been redundant. BvS already told us what we needed to be told of this version of Batman. I'll argue that Snyder managed to make his Batman more nuanced than Nolan managed in three films.