en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinigami
youtube.com/watch?v=tdS0IV7stJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AAAAAAAAAAAAAADVENTURE TIME

TO D-D-D-DUEL

Ritual suicide

Going to dishonor hell.

It's Time for Beany.

Time to get the sword and stop fucking around.
Next episode is Ashi travelling the planet looking for Jack seeing all the good he's done.
Episode after that Jack gets his sword back.

It's Kevin time.

time for sudoku

HAMMER TIME

Pet theory time? Here goes. Prior to this series Jack got fed up and tried to enter that portal from Travelling Creatures. He lost his sword in the process. The loss of his sword changed the timeline where he no longer becomes King Jack at the end of Travelling Creatures, but now seemingly becomes Aku's minion in the form of Green Samurai.

He's just gone back to try an get his sword back in a last attempt.

It's time to pay the price

Mother superior or another Jack's ghost/hallucination. Maybe the time portal perself.

Glad you aren't writing for the show.

IT IS TIME, Struggler.

For DA SAMOORAI to return.

There's no need for that Genndy.

He's going to give jack 'the talk' now that him and ashii are gtting closer

I know it's not him, but a man can dream.

He's going to kill every villain in his path from now on in a bloodbath of epic proportions.

>Next episode is Ashi travelling the planet looking for Jack seeing all the good he's done.
That'd be redundant but possible considering Woolies are coming back and it's very rare for SJ to have recurring races.

Suicide.

>Shinigami (死神?, "god of death" or "death spirit") are gods or supernatural spirits that invite humans toward death, and can be seen to be present or interpreted to be present in certain aspects of Japanese religion and culture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinigami

Horse dude is a spirit of death, he has invited jack to commit suicide multiple times.
I believe this is Jack accepting the Shinigami's invitation.

This.

The samurai is death, and following him signifies Jack giving in to his suicidal urges.

It's a visual metaphor, but naturally Sup Forums will try to theorize some convoluted plot threads out of it.

Was this Phil LaMarr or John DiMaggio voicing him.

Whoever it was that voice is so good,

>Ghost Horseman teaches Jack how to have sex

Probably gonna go the warriors path and kill himself

given no other context I would agree, but his suicidal tendencies and this phantom horseman seem to be different entities. Remember the only one that has urged him to do that was his alternate subconscious self shown a couple times. The phantom seems to have some other motive that might be related, but I don't think is the same. Either way he's presented in a way where his intent isn't supposed to be gleaned yet.

Sasuga /jp/

Its time
For the jedi to end

Its time FOR YOU!

It's the build up to jack meeting the Guardian again. Don't you guys remember?

"Not yet Samurai, not yet."

TIME STOP

ZA WARUDO

Ashi: JACK NO WAIT!
Jack: What? I'm just playing a math game.

It means that Jack can't get pass trought the portal as a virgin

This

Jack will meditate to reach a certain higher consciousness before performing ritual suicide.

>but his suicidal tendencies and this phantom horseman seem to be different entities. Remember the only one that has urged him to do that was his alternate subconscious self shown a couple times.

You're retarded. Watch this, idiot:

>I want it to end. Aren't you tired? Wouldn't it be great to free from all of this
>Our ancestors are waiting for us. They want you to join them.
>*Jack turns his head and looks out the opening in the cave at that exact moment and sees the green horseman who OBVIOUSLY REPRESENTS THE DEATH HIS HALLUCINATION SELF IS TALKING ABOUT IF YOU AREN'T HOPELESSLY AUTISTIC AND INCAPABLE OF PARSING A FUCKING CARTOON IT'S NOT EVEN SUBTLE WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

>Time for what you think?

TO LET IT RIP

user, the phantom is what convinces him to not go with his urges

why so furious

NO IT ISN'T, WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN, HE MAKES A POINT TO NOT GO TO THE PHANTOM AND TO TRY TO CONTINUE SURVIVING INSTEAD. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

So if he dies,is the girl gonna find the sword and carry on in his honor?

Lazily edited for maximum puckering.

Time for someone to put the new episode on this

Good stuff, user

already done in another thread

The God Hand did something and Skull Knight needs another struggler for backup.

This is a really old meme

Hamburger time

The Time Has Come And So Have I

Hot monkey dick

>next episode will be another Ashi epsideo

Jacks not a fuckin virgin! I'm sure the dude has leisure time inbetween all that training! He must have fucked chicks from everywhere except Africa! Lmao thats why he was there mostly when he was a kid he wasnt fucking then.

The helmet would fit on him.

Hes going to go join Aku

Got the pic?

yo, if it turns out to be something else, you're gonna feel real stupid.

except it saved jacks life once by showing him a way to escape

IT'S NOT AMBIGUOUS AT ALL, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, SERIOUSLY? WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND REALLY FUCKING STRAIGHTFORWARD STORYTELLING? PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU WATCH. HE'S BEEN AVOIDING THE GREEN HORSEMAN. HIS HALLUCINATION SELF LITERALLY SAYS HE WANTS JACK TO DO THE HONORABLE THING, THAT HE WANTS IT TO END, THAT HIS ANCESTORS ARE WAITING FOR HIM, THEN JACK SEES THE GREEN HORSEMAN AT THAT EXACT SAME MOMENT AND CONTINUES TO AVOID HIM BY OPTING TO RUN AND CONTINUE SURVIVING INSTEAD.

to COME WAYWARD SOULS

NO IT FUCKING DIDN'T, IT SHOWED UP WHEN HIS HALLUCINATION SELF SAID HIS ANCESTORS WERE WAITING FOR HIM TO END IT. INSTEAD OF GOING TO DEATH, JACK NOTICES A WAY TO TRY ESCAPING AND DOES THAT INSTEAD. HOW ARE YOU GETTING THIS WRONG, I CAN'T EVEN

welcome spring?

he showed him where to escape when the daughters of aku were looking for him
fallen jack says there is no way out
jack says there is always a way out
then that thing shows up and shows jack where to escape

The whole thing with the Scotsman and his daughters fighting aku is literally a thematic metaphor for how Ashi is going to be the one to succeed jack.

Then after the sword, three episodes for Jack to find the Scotsman and his kids, form a bigger army, then kill Aku, then the epilogue.

I think Jack has some kind of alternate way of hurting Aku, but it comes with a price. The ghost samurai represents the looming inevitability that he'd have to resort to it, but also the lingering possibility that there's still a way to beat Aku without his sword. When Jack was considering suicide because the situation was hopeless, he ran toward the ghost as an "exit", representing that he still had a way out. At the end of this episode, Jack finally decided that it was time to resort to whatever it is.

Maybe the "price" is that he could turn into something similar or potentially worse than Aku in order to destroy him?

user chill out man

He and Jack are gonna fuck, of course

whoever loses gets sent to the Shadow Realm

>He practices on the horse for visual aid

You're wrong. Watch this:

He shows up when Jack's hallucination self talks about how he should do the honorable thing and end it and that his ancestors are waiting for him. He doesn't show Jack an escape route, he shows up like he showed up every other time so far this season, waiting for Jack to give in and come to him.

The escape route is something Jack himself notices and decides to try as an alternative to giving in and going to death. He's been avoiding the horseman the whole season (until the end of this latest episode). It wasn't giving him helpful tips on surviving, Jack's decision to make a run for it and to continue surviving was his own, something he saw as a possibility so he could avoid going to the horseman.

It's driving me crazy how you could misinterpret this so badly.

We know that's bullshit because the episode synopses already told us he's getting back his sword the episode after this next one. And also the horseman has always represented death. The way out when he ran for it was something Jack found on his own to persist in avoiding death / the horseman.

calm down, sperg. it's a cartoon and other people are allowed to interpret it how they want.

>We know that's bullshit because the episode synopses already told us he's getting back his sword the episode after this next one.
Well yeah. Ashi's obviously going to talk him out of doing whatever the fuck he's doing and make him realize there's a way to get his sword back.

Time to do whatever a man does after he has watched what he thought was dozens of children dying of simultaneous brain aneurysms in front of him.

It's not some open to interpretation abstract art piece. It has an actual meaning that one or more of you is / are just failing to understand. Not everything is open to interpretation. If I told you the reason Darth Vader lifted up the Emperor and threw him because he was trying to save the Emperor from Luke, I wouldn't be giving you a valid interpretation. I would just be wrong, the way you would just be wrong if you thought the horseman showed Jack a path to escape from the assassins.

They really should have just had the kid beasts die. Would have been more impactful, and not reliant on a dumb misunderstanding to drive the plot forward. Guess a bunch of dead children is just too edgy of a line for genndy to cross.

clearly Jack is going to team up with The Shredder and eliminate those accursed turtles once and for all.

What would having the children die actually accomplish? If anything it would make whatever Ashi does next episode to stop him from committing suicide seem less impactful. If the kids are still alive and its a misunderstanding, she can win him over easily. If the kids are actually dead, then its just the final nail in the coffin for all the things that have gone wrong in Aku's timeline for Jack.

>Next episode is an Ashi episode

>TONIGHT JACK, WE DINE ON TURTLE SOUP

...hot samurai dick...

>What would having the children die actually accomplish?

Nothing, it's just another idiot user who sees the gulf between the shit ideas he has and the good ideas someone like Genndy has and mistakenly assumes the difference is due to the good writer being a bad writer for not having the same shit ideas he has.

I don't think he's going to commit suicide. I think he's going to do some very dark, corrupting shit to get the power to defeat Aku. Ashi convincing him not to go down that path by saying "jack it was just a dumb misunderstanding, that group of kids didn't die" is even weaker to me. What could have been done instead would be for her to gather some old characters that Jack did help in order to show him that he has succeeded in helping people time and again.

>then kill Aku

implying he will not be purified instead of killed

It would've stopped Jack from looking like a complete dumbass at the end of this episode.

>can't criticize anything about samurai jack
>it's literally perfect
Oh fuck off.

You just roll in from stupid town?

I really want Jack wielding the reforged runesword with Scotsmen empowering it and throwing insults at the enemies

You can criticize all you want. I'm just pointing out the idea you had was shit and the actual plot Genndy executed was good. You mistakenly believe it's the other way around.

The green samurai is what's been causing Jack to lose hope and be suicidal. When Jack defeats it he'll be back to his old self and Sudoku Jack will disappear. One of the recommended episodes to watch by Genndy was Jack vs Evil Jack, this is similar to that. Instead of a physical manifestation of anger, it's now regret, suicide, feeling of failure, dishonor, etc.

>What would having the children die actually accomplish?

It makes death seem permanent and therefore more impactful should it happen again

So you want the Scotsman to be Jack's Stand?

Not an argument, and not everything is open to interpretation you cultural marxist. The kid in Free Willy wasn't secretly trying to kill the whale while merely pretending to help it. Sauron wasn't actually using the ring to try to help everyone mature into better people. The horseman didn't show Jack a path to run from the assassins. These aren't valid interpretations, they're just mindbogglingly stupid failures to understand what's going on.

Suicide because of Honor
vs
Selfsacrifice for a greater cause

Bushido code command him to kill himself for shaming his honor and letting innocent kids get killed. That's all there is to it.

>cultural marxist
Hahahaha, we got a "lol redpiller" here. You're lucky I'm even gracing your posts by reading them.

It's imagery that isn't flat out explained, unless you wrote the fucking show yourself the only thing you're proving by strutting about actin' like you know what you're talking about is how egotistical you are.

etc

Calm down, you're right. They're just to proud to admit it. At this point, it's the only reasonable scenario.

THANK YOU, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading most of the posts in this thread.