IM JUST TESTING MY NEW LIGHTSABER GO BACK TO SLEEP

IM JUST TESTING MY NEW LIGHTSABER GO BACK TO SLEEP

BEN NOOOOOO

it really pissed me off that luke had the last laugh when he was a complete fucking asshole to kylo

Stop living Ben.

This whole premise is unreal.
>train under jedi master
>wake up to find him standing over you with a lightstaber
>without saying anything, immediately try to kill him and run without ever making contact again
The prequels were far more believable.

ITS THE JEDI WAY

Fuck Kylo and all the autistic /r9k/fags who identify with him

HEY BEN YOU WANNA SEE MY NEW LIGHTSABER AND DARK JEDI MASK!?

Imagine. Imagine a world where you are above the age of 12 and care about superhero costumes.

>Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control
Pegg

>SW is for children but they don't want to admit it. There's a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike
Lucas

>SW created the big-budget comic book mentality, it ate the heart and the soul of Hollywood
Schrader

>A 12yo boy told me proudly that he had seen SW over a 100 times? I said 'could you promise never to see it again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his 30s, isn't living in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities
Guinness

>I don't think they are making them an elevated art form, it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core
Cronenberg

>I don't want to see films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me
Friedkin

>They have been poison, this cultural genocide. The audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human
Iñárritu

>Spandex must cost a lot. I look at them and scratch my head. I’m really baffled by it
Gibson

>Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire, this religion. It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States
Jodorowsky

>Superman Vs Spiderman, Iron Man Vs Superman... I can't believe people are still paying to see this shit
Verhoeven

>This embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception indicates a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence
A. Moore

>Save literal darth vader from the dark side
>I must kill Ben because muh bad thoughts
WHY DIDN'T WE LISTEN

yes let's skip over the fact that kylo already had Snoke messing with him and clearly already antagonized Luke

Luke didn't even kill Darth fucking Vader because he believed he could still turn back to the light, why the fuck did they think it would make sense for Luke to go as far as he did with the idea of murdering his nephew??

BEN WANT TO SEE MY LIGHTSABER AND HOCKEY MASK!?

fucking kek

he went there to read into his mind. He saw inside and got scared, reacted out of instinct and half a second later realised what was going on and stopped.

>imagine being so much of a brainlet that you have problem understanding what's going on during a star wars movie

MY LIGHTSABER CAN DOUBLE AS A NIGHTLAMP.

I'm reading into your mind right now and it's making me laugh.

Luke Skywalker, THE Luke Skywalker wouldn't react like he's just heard about the Force and the dark side 10 minutes ago.

he didn't try to kill him, that was kylo's verison of the events
what really happened was he drew his lightsaber out of fear of being attacked as he stood over him, sensing the slaughter and destruction that would follow shortly after. its a paradox sort of deal with the premonitions.

read

No, Luke clearly says he drew his lightsaber because his first thought was killing Ben. He only regreted it a second later, after Ben was already looking at him.

Haven't seen the movie yet, what is this all about?

topkek

"See you around, kid" in Han's voice.

twees

They made Luke act like a smug asshole to his nephew during their final confrontation. You know, the same kid he went into exile for, because he almost wrongfully murdered him.

essentially it was luke not snoke that drove kylo to the dark side, and at the end of the movie he uses the force to force apparate in another planet and fights kylo to give enough time for the mary sues to escape, when kylo finds out hes just a "ghost" the shot pans back too luke and he just disappears like obi wan , lylo will never gets his revenge on luke and the good goys escaped

you're talking about ben's flash back, that is from his point of view, not what actually happened. rian confirmed that luke had a premonition of the temple attack and thats why he drew. he thought he was being ambushed. the whole thing is a tragic misunderstanding and the force is to blame.

JEDI
CAN
READ
EMOTIONS

>kylo already had Snoke messing with him and clearly already antagonized Luke
I wish we had gotten to see any of that instead of people just saying it. It was more "master of the Knights of Ren" bullshit. A plot point that we see absolutely nothing about and is just dropped in dialogue to explain away the lack of actual backstory development.

>that is from his point of view,

WELL FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL

So luke fucks up, but its kylo fault i see...

god why are the antagonists so piss poor weak in the new star warses

there's no one threatening on the bad guys' side. kylo ren isn't threatening, snoke is dead and the white nazi guy is moe or less just a random mook.

meanwhile the OT had vader and emperor, who were simply intimidating in every scene they were in. even the more minor villains like tarkin and boba fett commanded respect. there was tension that doesn't exist in the new one because the only real bad guy was defeated in the 1st movie and isn't really even evil. it feels like kylo ren was supposed to join the good guys and snoke was supposed to be the real bad guy of the final movie, but i guess the focus groups didn't like snoke so he got poochie'd

it's all so tiresome

Extended scene

>"Uncle Luke?"
>"shusshhh Ben go back to sleep"
>NO! Uncle Luke! you won't TOUCH ME AGAIN!
>I'm gunna tell my mum and dad what you did to me...
>"AHAHAH who would believe you kid? Uh...some punk emo or a great legendary Jedi?"
>"besides i'll just tell them you turned to dark side"
>"you sick fuck Uncle Luke! I won't let you touch any more kids again!"
>grabs lightsaber
>"uh that how you want it kid? Well, see you around kid"
>lightsabers cross
>Kylo escapes his abuser

All the other's I'd agree with, but pegg should shut his fucking mouth. What a piece of shit. I bet he still took the cash, for playing all those nerd "culture" films

>Luke contemplates killing Han and Leia's son
>his own nephew
>he literally stands over his bed, ready to strike him
>after putting his own life on the line to save Vader

Say it with me: CHARACTER ASSASSINATION

The writers have already admitted that they had no clue where they were taking the story with TFA. Just look at what JJ Abrams did with Lost. Shit made no sense, and he admitted to just making it up as he went along. TFJ was running damage control at max capacity, but there's no salvaging shit that made no sense in the first place, like Snoke.

KEK SAVED

>are you ok user? did it happen to you?

shut the fuck up. its nucanon

>I shit on the United States

that's rude

>Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire, this religion. It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States
I love that quote

IT WAS A MOMENT OF WEAKNESS!
FUCK! I'M SORRY MAN!

I am saving the shit out of this. Thank you for giving voice to my detestation of all capeshit and fanbait. It is smothering culture.

“The old order changeth, yielding place to new,
And God fulfils himself in many ways,
Lest one good custom should corrupt the world."

"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

The most escapist work of cultural production out there I hesitate to call it art — the most escapist thing out there at the moment is The West Wing. This invidious, disgusting program that allows American liberals to think if one of theirs who is well-educated enough, and a good, decent man, gets into power, that he will wring his hands and shed a tear when he orders the bombers over Sudan; this somehow represents an alternative world. This is the most rank, disgusting, reactionary, utopian drivel I have ever seen. And I would defend Tolkien over it a thousand times. But with their categories they can’t understand that as escapist; in fact they think it’s tremendously political.
- China Miéville

Why fondle his lightsaber above Ben?
If you think about killing him, just crush his heart or snap his neck with the force ffs

>wake up to find him standing over you with a lightstaber
>without saying anything, immediately try to kill him

yeah, plenty of legit, plausible reasons why Luke would visit him with a light saber in hand. maybe he just wants to show off, right?

"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

"Film as art culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to intellectually masturbate the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control"
- Simon Pegg

"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen 2001: A Space Odyssey over a hundred times. I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see 2001 again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand faux-intelligencia banalities"
- Alec Guinness

"I don't think they are making [art films] as elevated art form, I think it's still just a French guy smoking a cigarette with a Noir filter around his stupid depressed face... It's for quasi-intellectuals, it's adolescent in its core."
- David Cronenberg

"I don't want to see or make films about a guy and his dog where nothing actually happens as some kind of metaphor for the pointlessness of life. I think it's fine for people who want to pretend to be smart, those of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- Alejandro Iñárritu

"They have been poisoned, this culture genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to pointless camera work and terrible religious metaphors and shit that doesn't mean nothing about the experience of a simple story."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

They are not wrong

He was going to give him a ritualistic Jedi circumcision.

JAJAJAJAJA

Sorry user, that didn't really work. Try again.

Post of the century

*it was a hologram*

no he doesn't contemplate doing that. He acts out of instinct and then stops himself. He didn't think about killing him.

and in fact he didn't act like that. He stopped himself. If he was gonna let the dark side take control he wouldn't have stopped himself.
What happened during Ben's training should have been explored way more. How he found out about Snoke at least.
They could have cut one of the useless scenes and have Luke or Kylo or a vision by Rey seeing how Ben's find an old sith holocron or some shit that leads him to Snoke.

Honestly one of the worst parts. They should've just done:

>Luke sees the dark in Kylo
>Sends him back to Han and Leia unfinished with his Jedi training
>Kylo feels upset and betrayed
>Snoke starts contacting him in his dreams and feeds him lies and stories of his lineage
>Ends up meeting with Snoke (Han Leia always busy) and trains in the dark
>Kylo eventually shows up to Luke's temple and destroys everything with the help of some Snoke cronies (Knights of Ren or whatever). Luke was distracted training the next generation and his wife and child, loses family.
>Becomes bitter hermit

At least this way he didn't just sneak into Kylo's quarters and ignite a weapon thinking about killings his nephew.

>you are neglected by mom and dad because ruling the galaxy more important for the than you
>they send you away for a lifetime with your uncle while you surely had some intentions in your life
>there is a voice in your head telling you your uncle is a shit person and he will surely do you something bad
>wake up to find him standing over you with a lightsaber ready to kill you

And you would start to talk with him right?

FUCKING SQUEEZE IT

No. Luke was able to see the good in Vader. Luke should have kept him training and just had Snoke start to fuck with him. Luke would never kill a kid let alone his sister's kid.

Yoda is such a comfy asshole.

I hope you will wake up once your dad aiming at your head with a fully loaded shotgun

then please start to talk with him

>dies like a punk
>had the last laugh

yeah, sure

yeah ok

Uh, but that's reasonable? What if you woke up one night and saw someone with a kitchen knife standig over you?

It's finally over

Bigger luke.

Why would Luke murder his sleeping nephew out of fear when such an action leads to the dark side?

Why didn't ghost Anakin just intervene before shit hit the fan?

Why did Luke comically toss his father's lightsaber over his shoulder without obi-wan's ghost appearing to catch it?

>tfw the hermit is bigger luke and he is the one responsible for turning Kylo to the dark side
>the true luke is still in hiding
>the final boss was bigger luke all along

pottery!

Bigger Luke CANNOT use the force. This is why the hermit can't. The only power he has is hologram technology.

How dare you use logic
DELETE

So we've been looking at Venom Skywalker all this time?

>people like the only redeemable character and that upsets me!!!

>essentially it was luke not snoke that drove kylo to the dark side
Why?

wtf a good post on Sup Forums!?!

ROTJ
>Luke: Vader, there is good in you, I know it. I will not strike you down!

TLJ
>Luke: You little fuck, I'm going to murder you in your sleep!
>Years go by
>Kylo: Did you come to apologize?
>Luke: No fuck you fuck I'm going to style on you and then Rey is going to kill your bitch ass next film. Fuck you and fuck wypipo

What the fuck happened to Luke? Is that dark side milk he was drinking?

hahahahahahahahaha

MUH VISIONS OF DARKNESS see

Why would he think Luke was going to murder him in his sleep? It could have been a training exorcise or something.

Did Kylo force push Luke back? How?

he just colapsed the ceiling getting luke hit in the dome

Why didn't ghost Ben and ghost Yoda talk Luke into trying to find and save Kylo from Snoke?

Why did Ghost Yoda chastise Luke for sitting around on Ach-To doing nothing, when he sat around Dagobah and did nothing as well.

you believe this

>made no sense in the first place
TLJ sure tried to make sense of them, kek
maybe they didn't have a clear vision with TFA, but Johnson did nothing except taking a bit fat shit on the direction so far, leaving and ignoring themes and plot lines, and instead making twists and events for shock value, that felt like they had no place in the narrative
if anyone, Kathleen Kennedy has been exposed for holding no control over overall direction, creative process etc. at all