Ugliest Steven Universe Episodes?

Everyone talks about the show's inconsistent art style, but which episodes looked the worst?

It's funny how even with mediocre animation, Steven Universe is still the better show than a lot of stuff with really good animation.

Ultimately animation is just a tool to serve the storytelling, which is the ultimate point.

No matter how beautifully animated "mouse fucks with cat" "rabbit fucks with hunter" or "roadrunner fucks with dog" is, what people ultimately crave is a good story.

This. Animation is nothing without a good story.

Animation is still an important part of a show, if it's inconsistent then it can turn some people off.

Yeah, but funny thing, most people complain because SU keeps wasting it's potential in making a good story

House Guest.

Nothing looked worse to me than House Guest.

And SU doesn't have a good story, which is why it's harder for people to overlook the shitty animation

Kindergarten Kid, Beta, and Same Old World.

This. People shit on Zuke a lot but Hellen Jo's art is nasty looking

This is clearly bait

Yeah but SU has a shit story too so

But SU doesn't have a good story.

>Steven Universe is still the better show than a lot of stuff
Well sure, most of the shit airing right now is TTGO, Spongebob and Fairly Oddp-

>with really good animation
Oh this is bait, carry on.

I like it

I shouldn't have to tell you all this, but this is bait.

In your opinion

I think one thing we can all agree on is that the animation in SU sucks. I'm a SUfag and even I think it sucks. I like the character designs and the background art but so often they look like hot garbage because of bad storyboarding and poor animation.

tell me which show is a good story for you and then I can laugh a little

The studio that animates most of the episodes is the same studio that animates nuPPG, so I'm not surprised.

The animation is sloppy but I think it makes up for it with the colorful art style.
Though I still prefer the art style from the pilot

Picking any episodes done by the asian is cheating.

Crack the Whip was pretty gross though, the fight was dumb too.

also crack the whip

more crack the whip

raven and paul should commit sudoku

That Stevonnie though, Jesus Christ. Just... in what world is something this sloppy even remotely acceptable?

Raven and Paul are the worst boarders on the show by far desu, Lamar's proportions are jacked and Zuke seems to have just given up but at least the characters don't look like That fucking Connie lmao

The Roadrunner "tribute" one was the worst. If you suspect your standards for good animation are slipping, go watch the originals shorts and compare. For extra kicks mute the sound, watch the animation alone.

> I think one thing we can all agree on is that the animation in SU sucks.

Better than Samurai Jack, though.

Look at this Amy done by Katie and Lamar.

Now look at this Amy by Raven and Paul.

Rebecca needs to juke them too

>91596835

Not even (You) worth it.

>. I like the character designs

I wonder what John K. thinks about them, has he ever mentioned SU?

John K is a dinosaur and his nasty art needs to stay buried in the 90s desu

I guess with stuff like tom and jerry and looney tunes where the animation is definitely a big part of what made them great but they wouldn't still be remembered and considered classics to this day if they didn't had the great humour that still makes us laugh

But animation can be used to make a story good?

But part of the humor is the well made animation. If it was poorly animated most of the really well done and funny subtleties of the comedy would be lost.

Breaking Bad.

Not him and I haven't seen breaking bad but isn't comparing cartoons with one of the most well recieved dramas out there kind of cheating?

To
:)

Samurai jack. Btfo.

My opinion is correct tho so

Tom and Jerry uses the animation to convey a story. The slapstick and fluid weight behind the interactions of the objects and the characters is what orchestrates the storytelling. It's intelligent because it relies solely on the well-made visuals to not only tell a simple, yet timeless narrative, but humor the audience. It's fucking hilarious and everybody can understand it and appreciate it.

Not him, but it would be pretty neat to see a carefully crafted drama along the lines of Breaking Bad, only animated.

Sadly it probably won't happen because cartoons are seen as largely fun stuff that shouldn't be taken with a serious message. But I'd love for it to happen.

I mean there are pretty good drama anime. Wouldnt' be surprised if there's some in europe too like as a movie.

The breakfast one , S1
>hur dur muh story xDD
then the roadrunner episode
Both garbage story and animation.

Good point
I think we should agree that the animation and writing are both equally important

Yehh it really varies from thing to thing. Things like Chowder wouldn't work without their art and style and some things do well without it. Plus some things have more of an animation appeal than a story appeal and so on too, kinda like a game with more focus on gameplay than story.

All of them.

When you say, "animation," do you mean art?

All of them.

OP says art, meaning the art

The future episode where this is inevitable

I seem to have spontaneously lost the ability to read.

And keep in mind, they also animated that infamous "rotation" clip in Avengers Assemble (but fuck if I know where to find that .gif file)

To say nothing about the Lady Death adaptation.

knew it was b8 when

>Steven Universe is still the better show than a lot of stuff

was said

I like this one. It's funny.