Now that multiple networks are bringing their old shows back...

Now that multiple networks are bringing their old shows back, do you think Galactic Kids Next Door has any chance of happening in the near future?

no

Daily reminder that cartoons will become like movies, always remakes, reboots, and reimaginings

they wont

the proof of concept pilot has been around for a long time and theres no interest from it from cn for what i here of

same with the courage the cowardly dog cgi pilot

It would not survive.

Look, I liked Kids Next Door, it was ambitious and interesting as a kid, but the demographic for television has rapidly changed.

Kids go to their ipads more than their televisions, and shows like Teen Titans Go are what kids love. Trust me on this, babysitting is torture. The only time I get to watch a cartoon I can tolerate is when the girl I babysit watches Steven Universe. Steven fucking Universe.

There is no saving them. She's better than the boy though, all he does is watch minecraft lets plays and shit.

no, the creator is to alpha and won't let CN tell him how to write his show. And CN execs don't like people who won't submit to their cocks.

I would love to see Galactic KND, but Cartoon Network doesn't give a shit about it's old shows. They rejected the Galactic KND pitch. They probably won't accept it at the moment.

The thing with Nickelodeon is that they actually care about the old shows. They have a block on TeenNick, they use their old shows a lot on social media, they are bringing some of their old shows back for movies, and they even have interviews.

All Cartoon Network cares about is Teen Titans Go!, Ben 10, Cloudy, and Gumball.

I have no problem with KND being brought back, but does it really have to be GKND?
why not have a new KND spinoff show that has nothing to do with Sector V KND, but instead KND of all sectors?

like for example, one episode can be about Sector U KND and another episode can be about Sector W KND and so on, every episode we meet new operatives, new villains and new locations, kinda like a 'Tales of KND' sort of thing, but aside from all that we rarely see any operatives such as numbahs 2, 3, 4, 5, 86, or 362 and are just mentions

Maybe Toonami will pick it up.

It's a shame. Maybe the succes of Samurai Jack's revival could sway them, but I'm doubtful

It be kinda weird how that would turn out.
would numbah 3 always be saying bad words?

>Nickelodeon cares about their fans
>gives them their own 90s block, and two movies of old shows

>Disney cares about their fans
>giving promising adaptations and reboots of media like Tangled, BH6, and DuckTales

>CN doesn't give a shit about its fans
>would rather reboot old media and make them worse and spam the schedule with them everyday as ratings drop one by one
>rejects promising pilots and good revivals if they're "too mature" or "not TTG!"

Fucking hell, CN. What the fuck happened to you.

I'm pretty sure Disney's and CN's reboots/remakes aren't on the same level of quality

The Duck Tales one looks good.

The problem is TTG. They found something that makes money and are trying it with everything. That and they seem to be following an art trend that's going out of fassion and when they try to follow it with their reboots they do even that poorly, ven though they kind of helped to push it with their original shows.

I hope so, even though I know they won't.

Cartoon Network said no even after the 100-200k funding it got from the Kickstarter to show people cared, by saying not enough people did.

No.

Stop asking.

I don't know if it's fair to shift all the blame to Teen Titans Go, but it's hard to ignore that the show has been a huge roadblock for aspiring animators who want a chance

He can always pitch it to adult swim you big baby

Never found the original to be that compelling to begin with, so no

Didn't the show pretty much wrap up most of its loose ends? Aside from the new stuff introduced by the GKND teaser.

Either way, I don't think KND has the same nostalgia factor associated with stuff like Hey Arnold!, Samurai Jack, or Powerpuff Girls.

But the basic premise of KND seems like something that'd be fruitful if they'd ever be looking for a reboot.

All the bets are off these days. Shows like samurai jack and teen titass which were dead and buried are coming back and reboots seem to be the norm and not the exception. Whether or not it's a monkeys paw kind of deal is another matter but still, never say never.

It will come back. But only as a live-action reboot

Guy who started the petition for the show here.

Currently sitting at over 90k sigs. Never gonna happen.

Despite this I still have kids messaging me on FB asking if I can get them voice rolls on the show or "hey is the show close to premiering yet" on the daily.

Maybe it's worth something in the future. Or maybe I'm just delusional.
Anyway, we did the best we could.