Goes from questioning her beliefs to going full on super saiyan in the name of good in one episode

>goes from questioning her beliefs to going full on super saiyan in the name of good in one episode

Talk about rushed writing. Feeling real pessimistic on future episodes if they're like this

she always believed she was doing the right thing.
her questioning her beliefs and helping the children are 2 separate things.

That's what 10 episodes will do to a season that really should've been 15 episodes, like the original series.

what she saw in the city was undeniable proof

And when the guy started taunting her about manipulating children, she got super pissed because she realized she was the same

Also note that she was only taught that the samurai was evil, not the rest of the world's inhabitants.

Yeah it was bullshit. They could have salvaged it by having her get saved by one of the other sisters who got thrown off the cliff and she flips back to Aku so at least there's a back and forth

However that would probably take too long to develop without rushing it. Fucking 10 episodes, should at least have been 12

Her disregarding her mother's teaching's is one thing, but I do feel the transformation into "ally of justice" went way too fast.

I felt she needed another arc in which she would learn how to be compassionate and care for other people.

This. It's not rushed writing, Ashi was shown from the start as being conflicted, and it makes sense that she'd probably get retard strength from somebody picking at one of her emotionally sensitive spots.

She always believed that she was a warrior for good and justice.

I think we're getting more I that next episode with her meeting some of the many many people Jack's helped over the years.

She's not a good guy (yet), she's just stopped being a bad guy.

That guy said the wrong thing to her. I guess you could say she got triggered though I haven't seen that word used in a while..

The whole thing may seem rushed, but they only have ten episode to work with, they've done a good job so far

I will readily concede the point that the pacing is fucked up while also admitting that I'll look the other way because it's Samurai Jack

>the show is shit but it's ok because muh nostalgia

what did he mean by this?

Ashi always believed she was on the side of good.

Nah, she's definitely a good guy, she was down to save those kids even before Jack was.

That said, brings up a good point. She always did believe that she was fighting on the side of good. It's just that who she was taught was good and evil were backwards.

But at the same time she was trained to be merciless, and I just felt kike we needed some more story beats in order to bring that side of her out convincingly.

one episode, but with a journey montage. obviously we've been show only most significant moments in couple weeks/months worth of travelling

She wasn't raging in the name of good, she was raging because the Moltar lookalike inadvertently gave a perfect description of what was done to her by that cult when describing how they manipulate children to fight for them as a way to exploit Jack's righteous inability to harm innocents. She had an epiphany that she wasn't a noble soldier raised to stop an evil menace but instead a gullible child who was tricked for the sake of playing on Jack's moral rectitude.

Nigger what did I just say

Well she does have the whole Vegeta hair going on.

We even already established she has retard/stubborn strength.

She went from being struggling to hold on to the ledge during her training to fully flinging herself up to flip above her mother when she was being tormented.

>Episode 4
>people complain about how she suddenly became good at the end
>she didn't
>Episode 5
>people complain that she suddenly became good at the end while ignoring the previous episode

Just admit it. There's nothing they can do to satisfy you. If they dragged it out more you'd all just complain about how they focused on her too much even more and that they were stretching things out for too long.

Btw how do you know she was doing it "in the name of good"? Maybe it was because she was being fucking tortured? Maybe it was because she realized how fucked everything was? Maybe because the furry kids were in a situation very similar to what she was?

Nah, she's a hero of justice now, that must be it.

I hope you all noticed the rape undertones during the shock scene. It was so unbelievably blatant that you should be ashamed if you didn't.

That was the most shameful Zone bait I've ever seen

Ashi was never really raised to understand things like moral ambiguity, so she has no real defense against Jack's propaganda. Anyone else would try to question what Jack was saying by arguing that Aku could have a reason for all of the supposedly "bad" things that Jack was showing her, but she was raised with such a black and white morality that she was mentally incapable of it. All she could really do was go "wait, Aku is evil!? How do we kill him??"

She's just lucky she ran into Jack first and not someone who would take advantage of her stupidity.

She was always trained to do good, she was just taught that good was bad and bad was good. As soon as she sees that her idea of good was the opposite of its true meaning, she kept doing good but in its real significance. It's not too far fetched, she was literally trained to save the wold from "evil".

she was always an ally of justice.
she just thought Samurai jack was the big bad

Is SJS5 the biggest letdown of the year?

but she was never raised to be evil though? Why would she be an asshole to anyone but Jack?

Agreed, but I wonder if ten is all Adult Swim would pay for.

>going full on super saiyan in the name of good
>Forgetting all the torture her mother put her through in training
>Forgetting them sparring with big aku follower

>wanting more episodes for Ashi development

No please. She can get her own series after Jack commits sudoku.