Used to be designed as a cute robotic girl, with the face of a normal, human looking, cute girl

>Used to be designed as a cute robotic girl, with the face of a normal, human looking, cute girl.
>Now a literal freak

Some people sat together in a room and thought this look was ok or even "faithful" or a "homage" to the source material as they now state.
And then some people ok'd their idea.
I don't understand this shit.

Why didn't they just go ahead and cast pic related?

Fuck this.

I’m just glad they didn’t cast a hideous nip woman

You mean like that one from black hat?
Kill yourself, sperg

nip ≠ chink
you racist faggot

nose is too fat, face is too potato.

This isn't a Star Wars movie, faggot

Reminder that they did nothing, NOTHING wrong and that the shit state of the surface world was their own fault

Thats how she looked in the cartoon.

>MUH LARGE EYED CHARACTERS WILL MAKE ME RICH
James Cameron is a hack.

Her eye slits are too narrow to look like anime

Only Star Wars is allowed to have attractive women?

The only reasoning that makes sense is the amount of time alita would need to be 100% CGI, and how central her facial expressions are to just about all of her great scenes. Since they can't make a photorealistic CCI character, they tried to exaggerate it, and ended up with a character displaying all the best aspects of downs and fetal alcohol syndrome.

>hey lets take people's brains and convert them into chips so they can never do anything remotely unexpected.

>surely this won't result in centuries of total stagnation

You could still cast a post-nosejob korean anytime.
But I don't even see the need to make her Asian at all.
The Japanese director of the original animated Ghost in the Shell made a film with what was pretty much an IRL Major in it and he cast polish actors

Here's your (you)

none of the other characters in the movie look anime.

Absolute shit movie. Stop posting.

He has good taste imo

beats being cybernetic degenerates whose first response to seeing an orphan through a sewer grate is to chase it with a flame thrower and burn it to death

You take that back

Kys pleb

>being killed and having an automation device move your body around after you're dead is better than being alive

uh huh

>pointless starwars spinn-off
>good
Lol. Get fucked

Wrong race
Same reason they couldn't just use Rosa Salazar normally
The question you should be asking is why didn't they find some cute Japanese-American chick to play her

>implying you're not having comfy dreams in melchizedek

>Wrong race
Look here

There ain't nothing comfy about this bullshit.

alitas race is irrelevant as long as she looks somewhat similar

This. Her face was designed to look human, not like a fucking mutant bug

Based Oshii.

Kill yourself

It's funny how mainstream western culture just refuses to understand anime. Even now, in 2017, after being a medium for 60+ years, the west just can't grasp it.

Race is always relevant.

lole

h*lla fr**king *bin

God damn she looks incredible, big eyes girl is best girl.

For ppl who have nothing else going for themselves, sure

You have to understand this is how middle-aged and older western people see anime. They aren't accultured enough to it to see the subtleties, they just see it has big eyes and think "ok, so this is what this new fangled anime thing is about. big eyes."

I know right?

Is Hermione truly anime made flesh?

Yeah but you must realize that ALL the females in this anime had eyes like that. I just can't comprehend how you just fucking ignore that and miss the point where Alita is meant to look human

THIS

Fuck this movie

I could deal with GitS, ScarJo looked great and fit the part pretty well, even though I wish they had cast a cute Japanese actress. This shit is where I draw the line.

She's utter perfection and I'm going to marry her!

>ScarJo looked great and fit the part pretty well

>chubby womanlet
>great and looking like pic related
No. The only thing good about the shitshow that was the cast of GitS was Michael Pitt.

When i saw this trailer I literally said “thats some uncanny valley shit”

This is as retarded as it looks horrific.

why does hollywood even bother?

Lol she is supposed to have big eyes u fuckin nigger. Her creator did it on purpose so she would not be mistaken as human.

Not even anime communities understand it. I don't know why it's so hard. You can train lots of people to build rockets and microchips but understanding anything about anime is apparently the sole domain of a couple of fucking geniuses.

The idea that in Hollywood adaptations of anime the characters should be played by Japanese/american japanese actors is stupid.
Do you also think that a japanese movie based on western media should cast Japanese americans/europeans?

What motivates people to go on the internet and post total falsehood?