So is this an actual story from Japanese folklore, or completely made up for the show...

So is this an actual story from Japanese folklore, or completely made up for the show? I've been googling Shinto and Taoist creation stories for the past hour or so trying to find a parallel, and so far nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34-data-002.paheal.net/_images/24db6f648976acfa67328f9d70e9712f/2161858 - Samurai_Jack moon sun.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, its real vague... So i guess it'd be hard to find a similar story

incest hentai when?

Second post best post

I was instantly reminded of Izanagi and Izanami. I forget how that story goes, though.

Quit being a fucking weeb user

Never.

It's already been done. rule34-data-002.paheal.net/_images/24db6f648976acfa67328f9d70e9712f/2161858 - Samurai_Jack moon sun.png

Oh them? They were siblings who fucked all the time, producing several Shinto deities.

PUT HER TO

THE TEST
H
E
T
E
S
T

Seems to me as though the closest real world mythology to Jack's story is that of the Sun and Moon Gods of the Eskimo people.
In their story, Igaluk is the Moon Brother and Malina is the Sun Sister (these genders are typically the other way around in Asian cultures. Igaluk and Malina grew up in a village in which all the men lived in one hut and the women in another. Of all the women, Igaluk found Malina the most beautiful.
One night, Igaluk sneaked into the woman's hut and raped his sister, but as it was night, Malina could not see who the man was. The next night he raped her again but Malina had covered her hands in soot and mark his body with it. In the morning, when the men and women left their huts, Malina saw her own brother covered in soot.
In protest, she took a knife and cut off her own breasts. As Igaluk was sneaking out of the Men's hut on the third night, Malina offered her severed breasts to her brother and told him that if he enjoyed them so much, he should eat them. She then fled from him, carrying a torch.
IGaluk chased with his own torch but slipped on his sister's blood and his light dimmed. The siblings chased each other so quickly that they ran into the sky and became the Sun and the Moon.
Now sleep tight, Ashi.

They also fucked and produced the islands of Japan. They even mention that one of the small islands was a retarded baby.

Also, his pick up game is pretty good. "I noticed where I have something sticking out, you have a hole. Want lets put them together and see what happens?"

Thus, was born the art of Japanese erotic dialog.

What the fuck?

Cultures tend to get pretty weird when all you know in life are winds so chilling they will literally freeze your face and nights that last 6 months of the year.

This sort of reminds me of a scene from the movie Silence, which is set in the 1600s, where Liam Neeson's character explains how the Japanese of that era were incapable of understanding Christianity, as the Bible teaches that God is all-powerful and therefore not bound to anything physical, unlike the nature spirits worshiped in Shinto and Buddhism.

>Silence
The better of last year's two entries to the "Andrew Garfield plays a devout Christian and Japanese people try to murder him" Cinematic Universe.

>did aku create the stars?
>No! that's a lie, here's an equally false story instead.
What did Jack mean by this?

I think the point is that he was trying to show Ashi that there is more to the world than killing and praising Aku.

that and possibly using a happy whimsical story to contrast the bleak world Aku has made to further motivate her turning

Jack himself is Asian, but the show has always merged several different myths and legends from different cultures, while putting a spin on them. The stars being shot through the night sky by bow and arrow is an Ancient Greek thing, with the goddess Asteria.

Ah, I see.

It did cross my mind that the story might have been an allusion to Greek or Roman mythology, but since the scene itself had a handful of Chinese motifs, I figured it had to be referencing an asian folktale.

Thank you user.

it makes sense that jack's mythology is a dog's breakfast of ancient cultures considering he visited all of them

That was specifically a story his mother told him though, and she was never shown leaving Japan.

Thinking about it, Jack could have just told a white lie and said that the story was from his mother to make it seem more sentimental, though I'm not sure he's actually that much of a manipulator.

user, that's dumb.

>Japanese are unable to understand Christianity

I thought it was more, nips who converted to Christianity were outed and executed

Didnt he meet her at the end of his training in the Himalayas?