TLJ will make a trillion bucks. Won't happen again

>Why do people were so exited about the prequels?

Because they love the OT.

>Name one beloved or iconic new character from the prequels?

You can't.

>Why do some people stuck around until Episode III even though I and II were terrible?

Because despite it's flaws, the prequels respected most of what made it a success, and built a story complementing the OT.

>Why are people so excited about TFA and TLJ?

Because they love the OT.

>Name one beloved or iconic new character from the nuWars?

You can't.

>Why would people stick around to Ep. IX when everything and everyone they loved from OT, has been mocked, ridiculed, killed, and forgotten?

Please answer this.

Lightsabers.

ESB initially got bad reviews for ending on a cliffhanger

>Why would people stick around to Ep. IX
Because it has Star Wars in it's name and no normie wants to be the guy to tell his friends he doesn't like Star Wars, it's social suicide

That was never a cliffhanger, just people refusing to accept an ending where the heroes lose in all aspects.

Normies and dipshit Chinamen will eat anything nerd culture related that Hollywood pinches off on to a screen

There's your answer

>Name one beloved or iconic new character from the prequels
...This is hard

Maul has iconic down

>no normie wants to be the guy to tell his friends he doesn't like Star Wars, it's social suicide
Almost no-one would care if you told them you dislike Star Wars.

>Chinamen

nigga you fucking retarded
that shit don't work for star wars

>>>>

Maul is the closest. Windu is second.

>2017
>Still not accepting Jar-Jar as your lord and saviour

I'll accept he can be put in the category of iconic, but withouth the "evil" sking and double-edged lightsaber it was bound to happen. I don't remember he saying one word in the whole movie.

Windu is the biggest waste of Samuel L. Jackson in the history of film. That's the only reason he's barely remembered.

If George had the balls to go this path, yes, probably. Still, what we got was just an annoying voice and poopie jokes.

desu I only remember Windu because of his scene with Palpatine.

I told my turbo normie friend I didn't like Thor 2 and his exact words were 'I don't believe it'

Nazi SA wore brown, just sayin

The prequels have Darth Maul, Jar Jar Binks, Mace Windu, ripped clothing padme for iconic

>Why do people were so exited about the prequels?
Because the expanded universe helped keep Star Wars alive while no new movies were coming out. Star Wars was all but forgotten, especially with the release of the special editions later on.

san hill, wat tambor, anakin skywalker, young obi-wan kenobi, obi-wan kenobi's hair from episode 2, anakin's hair from episode 3, cgi yoda, mace windu, padmé amidala, darth maul, count dooku, general grievous, darth sidious, jango fett, commander cody, commander gree, commander bacara, commander neyo, boss nass, qui-gon jinn, the list goes on..

>Why do some people stuck around until Episode III
because episode i and ii were absolute kinography

>Why are people so excited about TFA and TLJ?
you are literally human cattle if you were excited for TFA

>>Name one beloved or iconic new character from the nuWars?
i can't

>Why would people stick around to Ep. IX when everything and everyone they loved from OT, has been mocked, ridiculed, killed, and forgotten?
because disney wars fans are human cattle that need to be shot

>Too long
>Doesn't have the nostalgia kick
>Not as loved as TFA

It didn't, critics are dumb. TLJ is getting good critic reviews but the reason it's bad isn't that it "ends on a cliffhanger" either.

I love Star Wars and I won't be paying to see IX. I didn't pay to see Episode III either. Cool me twice (or 4 times, I guess)...

Stop hanging around with braindead morons.

Liam Neeson

That's 99% of the population of earth senpai
Anyone who isn't a NEET has to interact with these DisneyDrones daily

Why would any Star Wars fans would care for anything from Episode IX and beyond. They won't have non of the characters and the themes that they loved about the series.
This is just going to be yet another soulless big entertainment blockbuster franchise, they really have to hope in future new generation's kids' nostalgia.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, Count Duku, General Grievous, Jango fucking Fett, Kitt Fisto
ez

The Prequels at least expanded the lore and story, the Sequels are just retreading and deconstructing the OT. I don't see how anyone could possibly find meaning in the latter. And yes all good art has meaning, especially art designed for children

Literally the only iconic thing about the new trilogy is Kylo's lightsaber.

>bad guys are all white
>good guys are diverse

Thor 2 is one of the worst films I've seen and perhaps the worst capeshit ever. At least stuff like Daredevil were funny in a campy way.

>Name one beloved or iconic new character from the nuWars?
Nigger what? Rey Finn Kylo Snoke Poe etc. are all new characters and the films focus around them. The OT characters die off.

>Kitt Fisto
Literally who?

>You can't.
Qui-Gon, Maul, Dooku, Le Alien Merchant

The actual iconic thing from the prequels are:

-Darth Maul
-jar Jar
-Pod racing
-Duels of Fate

>beloved or iconic
The characters you just listed are neither, really. The only one who is iconic in nu-Wars is Kylo (and a lot of normies hate him because he's "not badass enough" as if that wasn't the whole point of his character), and people like Poe because Oscar Isaac is charming. The only people who like the others are "gurl pwr/muh representation" types who don't care that Rey has no motivation, explanation for her abilities, or real challenges to overcome.

basically every character from the prequels is just as iconic as the OT characters.
Good luck finding anyone who doesn't immediately recognise Windu, Grievous, Dooku, the droids, Jar Jar (for better or worse), even half the random baackground jedi are more iconic than the main characters of TFA

>every character from the prequels is just as iconic as the OT characters

Dude, no...

Wouldn't go as far as just as iconic, but surely they had something going on visually

t. millenial autist

That was a cliffhanger and because of that stupid scene, Rian Johnson made a sequel that takes places immediately after TFA, breaking a tradition. This create a major issue as the characters couldn't evolve off screen.

>You can't.
yes you can retard, Anakin and Obi Wan are both iconic as fuck, padme, grevious, dooku, they're all ingrained in the american psyche

Wrong. It only got less than stellar reviews, compared to the first one.

you should pay attention dude, Kitt is literally fisting your gf right now

L I G H T S A B E R S

>san hill, wat tambor, anakin skywalker, young obi-wan kenobi, obi-wan kenobi's hair from episode 2, anakin's hair from episode 3, cgi yoda, mace windu, padmé amidala, darth maul, count dooku, general grievous, darth sidious, jango fett, commander cody, commander gree, commander bacara, commander neyo, boss nass, qui-gon jinn, the list goes on..
Not one new, iconic character in that list.

Actually why is Darth Maul so popular despite having zero personality?

Sheev

A cool character design and lightsaber is all you need to be popular with manchildren virgins.

tattoos, acrobatics, seething stare, paces around like a cat, can take on 2 jedi at once

>manchildren virgin
don't be so hard on yourself

All they need to do is maintain Star Wars mindshare so that kids still get the toys. Disney doesn't give a fuck if the movies are good.

His character design is absolutely amazing. Almost as good as Sonic the Hedgehog for an example.

You look at Darth Maul and you understand everything about his character instantly. You understand his motivations, his intent, his power.

I'm actually shocked George Lucas made something so fucking perfect.

To go on. Its the same reason Boba Fett is so popular. The guy says two lines and his character design explains the character completely. It's fucking genius.

Lol only Obi-Wan and maybe Anakin on that list, and that's only because everyone knew Obi-Wan and Vader from the originals.

>padme, grevious, dooku, they're all ingrained in the american psyche
Yeah, sure, okay. Why not.

I'm not a virgin tho. I actually fucked one time.

This happened with my cousin and TFA. All I said was "eh I didn't really like it" and he lost his mind said it was impossible to not love it.

His lack of personality embellishes the cold and ruthless persona. Ordinarily, this would fail horribly, but Ray Park is an actual martial artist with championships around the world, so his fight scenes and motions carry the personality of the character well enough for the audience to be in awe.

Also, just look at him.

This, star wars success is in part because of it's aestetic apeal, as long as there are people swingin laser swords, piloting space ships and using mind powers people will watch it

Lol, OP literally says new iconic characters.

Obi Wan and Anakin aren't new to the prequels.

Obi-Wan, Sheeve, Mace, Qui-Gon, Maul

Obi-wan doesn't count

Would ep 1 be bad if the little kid was not Anakin and it was just a story about Obi Wan?

Quiqon, sheev, kit fisto, maul, jarjar, The fuking lake monsters in 1, Roger roger droid, spin droid, dooku, Big nose jew alien...

The list goes on.

>beloved or iconic new character from the prequels
The prequels were mostly about giving backstory to the established characters: Palpatine, Vader and Kenobi. There were flashy characters, like Maul, but the ones with the most "meat" to them were characters that debuted in OT but had relatively little screentime, like Palpatine.