My thoughts on this cancerous film

Today is my birthday and I just came back from seeing The Last Jedi.

The good
>The cinematography, CGI, lighting, and scenery was really good. There is not a dull piece of scenery in this film. There is always something going on and small details to find.

>Kylo Renn was the best character of the film and his side by side comparison to Anakin Skywalker was really well played

>The end battle with the AT-AT walkers and the red salt planet was fucking cool. The stare down and fight scene between holo-luke and Kylo reminded me of old Western films like Good the Bad and the Ugly
The bad

>The humor. When Luke chucks Rey's lightsaber it was so cheesy I expected a sitcom laugh-track. The prank-call was sorta funny but lost it's spunk when it kept going without a punch-line. The porgs were boring too, not very funny.

>Luke's character himself was so wrong. I can't believe they written him like a coward who would kill his apprentice and family-member in his sleep. The man who brought light into his corrupted father can't even save a young boy? Bullshit

>Yoda book burning and BEING A FUCKING PUPPET. JUST USE THE FUCKING CG CHARACTER FROM REVENGE OF THE SITH FOR CHRIST SAKES

>Laie super-woman scene was so bad that I started laughing. Found it cringey that no one else did in the theatre though. But this is clear soyboy writing

>Luke's death made no sense since he was not weak but seemed more powerful than ever once he finished his hologram fight with his nephew. Why the fuck would he die? What the ever loving fuck

>Finn and Rose were obviously worthless and diversity hires

>R2D2 had no scenes

The I dont know how I feel scenes that could be fixed later on with the next movie

>Snoke dying. Is he just Plageuis and cheated death to make a point and complete Kylo's ultimate destiny?

Overall the film is just... broken and for 2 hours and 33 minutes I felt like there was some good fun and interest to be had but this really cemented itself as a fantasy novel.

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/25xcg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Toss the puppet Yoda force ghost in with the good and I'd agree with you completely.
I actually think that Luke's scene with Yoda was the best in the movie, followed by Ben and Rey fighting the Imperial Guards, honestly, I loved that scene because we never get to see how insanely brutal a lightsaber would be until we get to see Ben fighting with all his might.

>Toss the puppet Yoda force ghost in with the good and I'd agree with you completely.
Top kek

The good eeeeeeeee aaaaaaaa mmmmmmm
The bad Everything else

Happy birthday, faggot.

I'm happy that they used Yoda the way he looked and sounded exactly when he died. Which is going to be very weird when they decide to have an Obi-Wan or Anakin force ghost show up later on

I haven't seen the new Meme Wars, but happy birthday! :3

Thanks, I am 22 now with no gf. Might hang myself later

I don't know... Was the book burning really right? I mean its not in character and the puppet seemed to really not fit in with the movie itself. Since the film uses a shit-ton of CG and the puppet seemed awfully left field. I understand the sentiment though and respect your opinion :)

Thank you :3

You went to see it and gave them money, you're a faggot.

Happy birthday. Remember on in the future, it was on your birthday that Star Wars died.

JUST TO ADD. Remember Phantom Menace before it was CG'd? Yoda was a puppet originally in the movie and it did not fit. It was SO bad in-fact that they later re-edited the film to include the better updated CG yoda

Not only did Star Wars die... but so did AIM Messenger D: (Today is the day they shut the servers for it completely)

The books didn't burn though. In the ending scene when Finn opens up a compartment in the Falcon, you can see them in the drawer. Rey stole them without Luke knowing and Yoda knew this.

Fuck CG m8

Right but did he know that? Maybe he did. But page turning comment struck me off guard

Also CG is fine, I am not a purist when it comes to the idea that puppets work in every scene and should use them instead. I think we got to the point where CG looks really good and will hold up in future times. But I respect your opinion regardless

The movie was basically two and a half hours of
>Hey, do you remember...
>*insert piece of Star Wars nostalgia here*
Extremely lazy. But hey, it’s Disney and they really love making that retard money,

Luke didn't need to know that. Luke's actions were perfectly right because even Yoda understands that what Luke was saying was true. The Jedi were full of hubris and failure led to their downfall, but failure is also one of their strengths. You don't needs books for that. But Yoda knew Rey would be reading the books anyway so it was a win/ win in his eyes. His point got across to Luke AND the books that aren't very important in the grand scheme of things don't get destroyed

YOU MEMBER WHEN LUKE LOOKED OUT AT THE TWIN SUNS HAHAHAHAHA I MEMBER

>Inserts lazy scene with a boy holding a broom with the force looking out into the sky like he is Luke or something

haven't touched any of the new star wars films. I knew they would be boardroom pig movies. The originals were decent and only because there was some heart in the production.

This is the McDonald's of movie franchises

But why say she contains all the knowledge of the jedi texts without any extensive training? She is such a mary-sue it hurts. I do see what you mean though so it changes my perspective on this. Maybe that scene does make more scene in context to Yoda already understanding she has the texts and to prove a point to him.

Eh maybe you make a point.

Im surprised more people haven't commented on the editing
I thought it was awful, choppy as hell, some of the scenes literally lasted under 10 seconds.
Other scenes were clearly reshot without the two characters together (Luke meeting Leia for eg) because they weren't shown in the same shot

I liked the crazy hobo Luke stuff. Nailed home how he just plain gave up after losing all his apprentices, his nephew and the new Jedi order.

Now what's bad is him even for a second contemplating killing Kylo. That was out of character and that sort of desperation should be introduced only after he's at his lowest point.

If he had tried to kill Rey then it would have made sense because he's a man who lost everything on his last leg

I didn't like that ending scene with the kid, it felt so forced and pointless. Luke becoming one with the force would have been the absolute best way to end the film. Disney just don't know how to end their films very well, the same goes for TFA when they spent what felt like 2 minutes of Rey starring at Luke, when the film should have instantly cut to credits when he turns his head towards her.

Rey is the absolute worst thing about these movies. I can deal with Finn because they never make him out to be anything other that a somewhat good soldier who runs away to save his own skin. His story should have absolutely ended with him sacrificing himself though, it would have been a perfect ending to his character but now we have to deal with a tumblrina falling in love with a gorilla man
The China market is going to fucking love that.

Rian sucks so bad at editing. Some scenes looked like they were shot on millimeter film and others looked so digital. The switch from heavy film grain to clarity was so strange...

Don't forger that we have to deal with that fat chink and a blue-haired feminazi who is somehow a commander

>>R2D2 had no scenes
He had one of the best ones in entire movie

What the one with Luke displaying the NH message?

Seemed predictable and clearly trying to be a nostalgic moment

>>Yoda book burning and BEING A FUCKING PUPPET. JUST USE THE FUCKING CG CHARACTER FROM REVENGE OF THE SITH FOR CHRIST SAKES
You're joking, right?

Yeah but the Episode I puppet was shit in general, not specifically for being a puppet. He was meant to look younger and more spry but it just came off looking off-model. Especially when the CGI Yoda appeared in Episode II looking much more like you'd expect, it only made TPM puppet Yoda stick out worse.

The editing wasn't that different from TFA? I wasn't consciously annoyed by the cuts at all apart from *one* scene where Kylo hits someone and there are like 3 immediate cuts so you don't see his hit connect and the guy falls on the floor in like a milisecond.

The Rey/Kylo fight was staged perfectly fine with clear medium shots and graceful editing imho.

That's the only real lightsaber duel though.

I like the idea that he has lost everything and is now trying to find confidence and peace in himself. Just everything else ruins it

Wanna know how to fix this? KILL OFF LEIA. Then he will wake up out of his daze and want to stop Kylo once and for all

yeah, Laura Dern was pointless in this movie. They killed a well established character like Ackbar offscreen to shoe-horn in her completely new and totally not incompetent leader, who fucks up royally by disregarding the only other leader who has shown time and time again that his actions show results, and her whole plan was to keep her plan to herself, for reasons why?

puppets look like shit without cg to help them out. it's 2017, people don't buy space muppets anymore

>clearly trying to be a nostalgic moment
And somehow that is bad?

>Finn and Rose were obviously worthless and diversity hires
Can't wait to download a version of TLJ with their subplot removed.

The film's major flaw is that they didn't have the balls to focus on the storyline that mattered; they had to shoehorn Poe and Finn into a film that should've been 80% Luke and Rey. The space war stuff has only ever been interesting as a proxy battle between the Jedi and Sith.

Luke's characterization is fine. There's two ways they could've taken his character: either he hid because he was a coward, or he hid because of some deep-seated guilt over how he handled Kylo. They went the latter route, which is better.

no, but when every scene is trying to play on it... it gets old

The puppets are the best part of the originals and disneys, and the worst part of the prequels.

>Why the fuck would he die?
The Joker wanted him dead.

Laugh.gif

Yeah, it served it's purpose. It was the only time during the movie that I found myself smiling like an idiot.

I sorta agree, but maybe the nostolgia trick was played to much beforehand for me to catch a feel

>>Yoda book burning and BEING A FUCKING PUPPET. JUST USE THE FUCKING CG CHARACTER FROM REVENGE OF THE SITH FOR CHRIST SAKES
Yoda never burned the books. If you were paying attention you would have noticed that Rey stole them before leaving. There is a scene where it shows the books in her bag on the millennium falcon.

The "force tree" thing was nothing, as well. That was 100% fan rumors exaggerating it's importance with claims that this tree was the source of all force or some shit like that. All living things are bound by the force and this film explains it far better than phantom menace did. The tree was just an old Jedi temple, it was nothing special as Yoda stated.

As for force ghosts using powers they did so frequently in the expanded universe. In films they only manifested as teachers but Obi-wan claimed to have become even more powerful as a ghost.

Here is the scene I was talking about being one of the most unfunny pathetic scenes in the film

>>Luke's character himself was so wrong. I can't believe they written him like a coward who would kill his apprentice and family-member in his sleep. The man who brought light into his corrupted father can't even save a young boy? Bullshit
is this real? holy fuck

Yes, want me to gif it?

>followed by Ben and Rey fighting the Imperial Guards
The choreography was pretty bad in some places.

Felt like Nolan but it was pretty cool honestly.

The fact he just gives up without even trying to save Ben is bullshit though. Vader did way worse and he still never gave up on him.

yea

Fuck Rey, just give me Luke and Kylo.

>Luke's characterization is fine
Finely shit, maybe. Luke wouldn't have acted this way. Deep-seated guilt so he leaves the galaxy to get ruled by the Empire Two: Space Nazi Boogaloo? And he IS still a coward for going to Achtoo to suckle sloth titties and cry about how much he fucked everything up.

One sec almost done

It doesn't even make sense that he'd throw it away. If he didn't want it, he'd chuck it back to her.

D E C O N S T R U C T I O N

But seriously, fuck these pretentious cunts. First of all, why deconstruct something that wasn't there to begin with and second, why go through all the trouble if they're just going to make another movie?

Is it Luke milking a horny sea sloth-tier bad?

Man did Rey ever get fat between movies.

Only good part of the film was the soundtrack.
Also, is the Crait battle just Rian Johnsoy trying to mix the Battle of Hoth and Podracing?
Utter trash.

Luke never tried to kill him. Luke had sensed the darkness in Ben and it terrified him just for a moment and darkness clouded his own mind. Luke had his hand on his lighsaber for a brief moment before he came to his senses and chose not to do attack, but it was too late.

Ben sensed the killer intent and immediately attacked. This is what caused things to escalate.

nice try mouse

Can you post superman leia? I've never laughed so hard in my life

They explained this in the film. Luke was horrified when he was straing at his own light saber in his hand.

Why couldn't we get a neutral Luke as the big bad with the plot of destroying the jedi and sith once and for all

With Kylo and Rey working together

Idk that shit was just trash

I GOT YOU BROTHER
streamable.com/25xcg

That scene was shot to paint a picture of Luke's day to day survival on the planet. But yes-- it was fucking trash

>puppet yoda is bad
I wish you were in that tree when it burned

>Luke fails at his first attempt to force levitate something, despite spending weeks training with Yoda.
>Yoda looked as if though he was about to break his entire frail body just lifting the x-wing.
>Rey force levitates an entire avalanche, darting MULTIPLE boulders at a time flawlessly. This is after seeing the """training""" sequence. She doesn't even go through proper training or ANY training at all. Luke just went through the history of the Jedi with Rey, and then left in frustration to go find Kylo since Luke wasn't interested in joining the Resistance.
>Find out that Rey is a literal nobody. She has no special background despite Luke going on and on in the movie about the "Strong Skywalker Dynasty"

Tell me user, what is the secret behind Rey's power?

I hope you get raped

H---h---hope user haha- *mouse laugh* -- I mean hope

>Luke didn't try to kill him
>Ben sensed his killer intent
ok

Happy birthday, sorry you had to see a great sci find franchise get raped mercilessly

>Mouse laugh track

That fucking broom scene

WHY
H
Y

yeah I love how he tried to kill his nephew and failed lmfao what a piece of shit honkie so glad to see him get shat on

Sell toys and to kids of course. The mouse probably molested that poor kid after the credit scene

>There are gen-Z babbies here who don't like puppet Yoda

Star Wars is not Sci-fi, its a space opera

Luke was just holding his saber and he never attacked. He said he was just momentarily overcome by fear of the dark side, and when he came to his senses Kylo was looking up at him and the fight began.

Luke even yelled "no wait!" before Ben collapsed the building on him.

>man who brought light
There's the wrongdoing. You assumed that since Luke was giving the light, he must have been a Jedi too. But did you miss all of the attachment cues in ROTJ? He was attached to his father, he lashed or when leia was being threatened, he was visibly upset when yoda died, and his resolve for turning Vader to his good side was only made stronger via Obi wan's pep talk. Yoda foreshadowed Luke's downfall: attachments

It doesn't fit. Period and end of story

literally the best scene in the whole movie

i feel like theres supposed to be a laugh track in this movie or something. like.

>yeah I love how he tried to kill his nephew and failed lmfao
He didn't. They show two versions of the flashback. One is Kylo's version of the flashback where luke attacked him, and Lukes version of the flashback where Luke was overcome by fear but chose not to attack in the end, but it was too late.

My dude

They are both the same intent mouse. Fuck off to ribbit

I am suspecting you have not even seen the film and are just larping based on spoilers you read.

Just saw it with my wife's son so you are obviously the larper here

Go milk a space walrus

o--ok

It was like watching one of their shitty car adds tacked onto the end of the film for no reason

>mouse
>fuck off to ribbit
no need to be anally flustered, friend

Plz drown yourself

>Today is my 9'th birthday

Keep us informed.

>Luke attacked him in his sleep
vs
>Luke was briefly overcome by fear of the darkness but came to his senses and chose not to attack
Big difference. People who read spoiler summaries seem to be confused about this flashback and "yoda burning books" the most. I am not sure why people let themselves be spoonfed like this.

>Luke was just holding his saber and he never attacked
He swung down as hard as he could, actually.

>My thoughts
Literally no one cares little memester.

>followed by Ben and Rey fighting the Imperial Guards, honestly, I loved that scene

The force.
Luke says it's not the Jedi or the Sith but the force balancing itself. I liked that part.

>Ben and Rey fighting the Imperial Guards, honestly, I loved that scene

You're a fucking moron. Luke states again and again that he wants the jedi to die. Why would he give it back to her?