I've just finished "15 Million Merits". Does Black Mirror get better? So far it's.. fine...

I've just finished "15 Million Merits". Does Black Mirror get better? So far it's.. fine, but not as great as some of my friends told me it would be.

Also Black Mirror thread I guess. Fuck Star Wars.

Just watch it. It's only 13 episodes. And most of them a very good.

Definitely my favorite ongoing show at the moment, so I suggest you keep watching. Some episodes are kinda shitty, but the ones that are good are fucking amazing.

aside from the mc's performance it felt like a pretty weak episode. all the social commentary was shallow and obvious. check out White Christmas

>Fuck Star Wars.
I've only seen the first season and thought it was pretty good, but you get a bump for that.

Fucking mods, this is clearly advertising at this point and they allow it.

Each episode is different, some might not have a big effect on you, but others might.
Keep watching

Excuse me user this a star wars board

>board
commercial*

Dont tell him to watch White Christmas after hes just finished 2. Thats to be left untill last or hell kill himself and never watch the others.

watch the christmas episode

Get ready for a lot of "in a world where everyone has a _____ implant, society begins to [allegory for social media]"

memes aside, when should I watch it? After "The entire history of you"?

You'll probably like episode 3 more as its more grounded and is just a pretty good episode. You have 14 days to get through the whole series untill season 4 comes out. Enjoy the downward spiral of dispair, friend.

just watch them in order as they came out

It came out after season 2 but I watched it after season 3. They dont rely on eachother so you can technicaly watch them in any order but the christmass one is a fucking heavy one for sure. I say after season 2. White bear is the best out of that season imo.

>KINO Tier
The Entire History of Yu
Be Right Back

>Cool premises tier
Fifteen Million Merits
Nosedive
San Junipero
Shut up And Dance
Men Against Fire

>Alright but nothing special tier
The National Anthem
White Bear
Playtest
Hated in the Nation

>Waldo tier
The Waldo Moment

It's a show made to make people think they're thinking. It's to drama what Rick and Morty is to comedy.

> BLACK MIRROR EPISODE POWER RANKINGS

White Bear > Shut Up and Dance > White Christmas > The Entire History of You = San Junipero > Nosedive > Be Right Back = The Waldo Moment > The National Anthem > 15 Million Merits > Hated in the Nation > Playtest > Men Against Fire

Junipero is too fucking high and Playtest is too god damn low! I respect your top three though.

Too accurate

>make people think they’re thinking
I didn’t notice any of the episodes trying to be super clever or anything
Pretty straightforward

>White Bear>everything else
White Bear is literally the worst episode, what's wrong with you?

The Entire History of You is massively underrated. Great ep

I cried like a little bitch during that episode

>Entire history of you in the same tier as san redditpero

normalfags overhype the shit out of that series, that's how I got tricked into watching it too
there are a few good episodes but there's always some retarded thing stopping them from being great

Really depresssing in the last five minutes, especially because it outlines exactly what would eventually happen with a lot of people if it existed in real life

Wrong but I respect your opinion. What'd be your order?

le ebin hacker ruse

>watch a deep commentary on the state of beastiality in the first world
>not a liberal so too stupid to understand the powerful layered symbolism of a politician fucking a pig
>okay well maybe the next one will be dumbed down enough for my feeble mind to comprehend
>commentary on consumerism and capitalism so mind bogglingly brilliant I had to turn the TV off
I mean I knew it was smart but when the ads started playing it got too real. That is literally what the real world will be like now that Trump won.

I'd have to watch them all again but my top 3 would probably be
>White Christmas>The Entire History of You>Shut Up and Dance
I haven't seen the season 3 finale yet.

>SUICIDE TIER
White Christmas

>Dispair Tier
Nosedive
White Bear
Shut up and Dance
Be Right Back
Entire History of You
National Anthem

>BLACKED.com Tier
15M Merits

>Almost Good Tier
Waldo Moment
Men Against Fire

>Anti-Bully Ranger Tier
Hated in the Nation

>Literaly Nothing Happens the Episode Tier (A.K.A. 0/10 Tier)
Sandy Jalapeno

>Waldo and Men Against Fire
>better than San Junipero

lmao

Despair tier is like the "Best Of" with White Christmas as the final boss/hidden feature

San Junipero was the worst. There was no point to it.

Waldo made me laugh and MAF was at least fun to watch while San Junipero was literaly nothing the whole way through and bored the shit out of me.

It's about the strength of the human condition showing through amidst adversity provided to it in an increasingly technological era.

Most of the other episodes are more nihilistic, but it's the best episode of the series.

Its about lesbians and nostalgia. Fucking nothing interesting happens at all.

>strength of the human condition showing through amidst adversity provided to it in an increasingly technological era
Wrong. If it was about that, the lady wouldn't have transferred her personality into the machine.
The episode was reddit bait with the tumblr-tier dyke story and the 80s wanking.

>why don't you like San Junipero user
>muh lesbians

Every time

This, I first watched it shortly after being cheated on, fucking hurt man. My favourite episode

The human condition can exist without the human body. This is the backbone of Neuromancer and The Matrix. It's almost a science fiction trope at this point.

It sounds like your heart is in the gutter, and love has likely evaded you for it.

>uninteresting main character
>little to no premise
>plot goes nowhere
>IT WAS A SIMULATION ALL ALONG twist
it's trash

>Open up your heart and you'll see just how amazing life is
You contradict yourself. She promised her husband that she would die normally to honour their daughter. She threw love out of the window to eat virtual pussy.

How is time traveling lesbians not a completely cohesive premise for a one hour TV show?

The only real criticism here would be how interesting the main character was. How retarded do you have to be to think the episode has no premise or that the plot doesn't go anywhere when they'd be apparent to a 10 year old on first viewing?

Alright, describe the premise.

She gave up her conservative attitudes about life and realized that life was worth living.

Yorkie lived her life in fear, dedicating herself to those around her and their expectations, and was given a second chance to live it as she would have wanted, only in simulation.

If they had been time traveling it would have been interesting but you realise that its a simulationby the third decade and realise its entirely about the budding romantic relationship of two lesbians. That is literaly it. Fucking nothing happens besides the black one spitting on her husbands grave while smiling that she gets to fuck some puss.

You didn't really pay attention to the complicated situations in their lives that allow them to meet.

San Junipero is one of the only pieces of cinema I've ever seen where every piece of dialogue is important to the plot.

>nothing matters *burrrppp* fuck promises and family *burrrrp* I AM FREE NOW WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB XDD

Listen, it's shit and nothing happens throughout the whole thing. Its a fucking romance drama that fucking wastes its simulation setting completly. It could have happened in any setting and would have remained the same.

I thought White Bear was the worst episode by far, honestly. It just felt like absolutely nothing whatsoever and the ending was extremely flaccid. I'd bump up Shut Up and Dance to KINO tier, if only because I'm a huge Radiohead fan.

You can stop now. You had your fun.

This. It would've been far more interesting if it was about someone getting addicted to the simulation because of dead friends/parents/siblings but they ruined it with the dumb romance plot

Why watch San Jewnapero when you could watch Thelma and Louise. Its basicaly the same story but better in every way.

I thought thats where it was heading when they showed the BDSM rave where all the numb people go to feel anything any more but that was forgotten about after a minute and a half.

I honestly can't understand how people rate FMM/White bear so fucking high all the time, they're the worst episodes right after waldo moment

>commercial
Behind-the-scenes promomentary*

I hope OP left the thread already to go watch the episodes so he doesnt get spoiled. Hes a good kid.

I finished The Entire History of You. Best episode so far.

Men Against Fire is fucking wholesale garbage. I guess it fits on your list because the premise is cool, but every bit of their execution is the laziest, most ham fisted fucking "it can't happen here" trash I've seen in a long time.

Also, I really like White Bear.

Good man. Enjoy the pain of Be Right Back. the good kind of bad pain from suffering.

Its anti-technology propaganda. Nothing creative. And the shaky camera work in every episode is amateur. Feel like I'm watching the office

Be Right Back and White Bear are good but dont expect much from Waldo besides a few laughs. Just remember when you're watching it that it came out in 2013...

Maybe you are watching the office because you certainly havent been watching Black Mirror if you think thats what it is.

>Be Right Back
>kino
Fuck off, that was hot garbage, i would rather take nosedive over that shitty episode any day, even 15 million merrits was better

>Its anti-technology propaganda

No it's not, it has completely flown over your head.

The technology itself isn't inherently evil, just the way it is being used or deployed by people in power.

There's more to most episodes than "dude technology is evil lmao"

>samefagging

>Playtest is too god damn low!
It was a pretty forgettable ep user, the twist was alright but predictable

>anti-technology propaganda
Not really. Technology is just a tool, the show generally just focuses on all of the conceivably fucked up ways people could use it. And even then they're not all portrayed as completely negative (Be Right Back, San Junipero)

>there are faggots who think be right back is good

No it isn't evil. You are an idiot go back to r3ddit. You probably support net neutrality shill

>Black Mirror doesn't do happy endin-

Did you quote the wrong post?

No it's shit, bail out now before "LOL! IN THE FUTURE EVERYONE WILL BE SHITTY!!! HA HA AH AHA AI SLAVES HA AHA HA AHA LOOK HOW COOOWWLL WE ARRRRR HA HA AHA HA AH AHA HA "

Which episode is that quote from?

Wiping her mind seems pointless since every time they do it, it's like its a different person then the one who they're punishing.

Ironically, they already did an episode detailing that having someone's memories and roughly being able to mimic them, doesn't make it them. How can they say that girl is the same when she has no memory of the experience? Its just a step below cloning someone and then punishing their clone for a crime the original committed... oh wait

Someone told him it was about technology and whatnot, and he filled in the gab.

It's my favorite episode because it's just a simple human story with a sci-fi as a backdrop and not LE EDGY commentary about technology. San Junipero fits into that category as well i guess.

The worst one is White Bear imo, because twist makes the first 90% of the episode literally useless and pointless

It's not actually about punishing her, she's just a prop/symbol being trotted out for an audience to enjoy. All that matters is the perception of the paying customers.

Its about her living in confusion and fear for the rest of her life in a way that never gets old as its always her first time doing it. shes a cunt desu and had it coming

But they don't completely wipe her mind; she knows what she's done deep down.
>this is what lefties ACTUALLY believe

It's kind of hit or miss.

I find the show to be either kino or mediocre. Not a lot of in between.

Shut Up and Dance is the best Kino of this series, very nice use of the classic "troll face" maymay

>the current year, month and day
>not Star Wars
B U M P E D

White Christmas is the best episode, the rest are ok, I hated the one called San Junipero

This was my main issue with the ep. Also they barely even visit each other cause they lose each other for so long. So its like after maybe 24hrs total spent together she decides to fuck over her family and promises she's kept all her life. It doesn't fit the level of passion she appears to have earlier in the same ep.