Would you want him as a neighbor?

Would you want him as a neighbor?

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/690295
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone who says no is lying.

It depends. Which version of him?

What if they can't stand the overly religious and jolly types?

Flanders may be overly religious, but he's not the type that'll want to convert you.

Yes. He seems quite genuine and while I may not share his religious views, I feel like he'd make a good neighbor.

Better than a BLACK

Earlier season Flanders, for sure

This new quasi-ISIS Flanders is a bit too much

Yeah so i can fuck his wife.

She's dead

>This is a thing
newgrounds.com/portal/view/690295

Yes, but only if it's the version from the first couple seasons.

but my dick!

>This new quasi-ISIS Flanders is a bit too much
is he violent in the new seasons -which I don't watch because theyre garbage?

>She's dead
And?

His devotion to his religion has become fanatical much much more so
He'll toss morals aside if the Bible says otherwise

Early in the show's run, when he was legitimately the nicest character in the show? Hell yeah.

After he became a religious fundamentalist? Fuck no.

Might be anti-religion Democract propaganda TBQH
the homer the heretic episode had a happy ending, now they just make fun of people with no positive message
>bart sells his soul was also heart-warmin'

Wasn't he always a religious fundamentalist?
Who else would sing Rise and Shine (Arky Arky)?

Flanders is always nice, quiet, polite, and if you tell him to piss off, he pisses off. I don't see any downsides.

I mean, he's lost his wife, re-married, and then lost his second life. That probably kinda messed him up quite a bit.

If you're one of the rare millenials who will one day own their own house flanders is the exactly the type of person you'd wish and hope to be your neighbor no matter your personal opinions on jolliness or religion.

Very true, my neighbours are a mother/daughter duo that smoke weed together on the balcony and play shitty music until 3-4am
Mother is a pothead and daughter had no leash when she was little so now she's an overweight trashy brunette turn blonde slut who puts out for cocaine

He could be a little nosy desu but there's far worse neighbors you could have so eh...

HA what the hell is up with that OC looking bastard?

Sure, why not. He's easy to steal from.

This

Even if he is puritanical, it's not like he's gonna blast Sistine choir/Mormon Tabernacle Choir until 0 dark thirty. Hiddley hey-ho as he might be, I'd much rather have a religious goof than a pothead or hood trash, which is more or less all I've had for neighbors all my life with very few exceptions here in Florida.

Dude can't even make Five-Alarm Chili.

He would be a massive improvement over my asshole neighbors who keep tossing bags of dog shit over their fence.

Who wouldn't? Next to a himikomori NEET who never leaves their house, people like Flanders are probably the most peaceful neighbors.

My last house, the neighbor was a cool Russian with two kids and a hot wife. We would hang out a lot. Plus, he was the foreman for a construction company and knew how to fix shit when I couldn't. The house opposite of mine lived a woman who was the neighbor gossip hound, but she was harmless.

My current place, I have my right neighbors who have six brats that scream all the time. My left neighbor is an elderly couple.

sure, as long as He doesn't go WBC or Fernando Whitmore on me it's fine.

>helpful, nice, would save you from a burning building, invites you and your family to things all the time
who would say no

Ned's penis is cursed

just like Daredevil's

Nah, he was pretty chill in the older seasons, now he's just "hey neighborino, let me tell you how this mundane stuff is forbidden by Bible according to this made up verse. Oh boy, I can't tie my shoes without consulting the Bible!"

>Even if he is puritanical

How is that a bad thing?

Better then the shameless white trash and niggers I lived around most of my life.

Original Ned was a "Father Knows best type" that was meant to be a foil to Homer. He had a better family, job, and was genuinly a beter person. New Ned, like all the other characters, has been reduced to his most superficial elements. Him being religious wasn't the whole point of his character, that was just to underscore the fact that he was better than Homer.

I'd like early seasons Ned as a neighbour

This at least he's not going door to door spreading the name of God to you every Sunday heck he ended up being cool about a burlesque house being in their town after a entertaining song and jig

>That time he basically abducted the Simpsons' children to a random river to baptize them without their parents' consent, which his family were FINE with.

Also he doesn't vaccinate his children & is a CREEPY septuagenarian. He made a Christian theme park for his dead wife, handing out masks of her own face (You don't get Walt Disney masks at Disneyland...) & then invited a woman into his home & tried to literally make her start looking like his old wife like this is Vertigo or some shit.

Of course. Everyone who counts loves Ned Flanders.

He tried to do it to Bart and Lisa Simpson (when he tried to Baptize them)

>Abducted
He was their rightful guardian at the time.

Eh, it's not a bad thing. Guess I didn't word it right. Some of them can get a bit preachy, but to be honest, it's actually a low risk unless you actually ask them about their beliefs, and at that point, if you really have no right to complain.

A legal abduction. These kids clearly didn't want to do it in the dismal hell-river that they were all drearily floating in & the guardianship was bullshit reasons anyhow. And if anything, they WERE trying to indoctrinate them in their super-Christian ways of life, which he later see are creepy and/or dangerous (i.e. no vaccines, Half-sure that he homeschools his children to only teach them only Christian idealism?)

Early Flanders was meant to be the idealistic standard to which the typical American household contrasted themselves to. Which is why Homer both hated and envied him so much. Too bad they ruined him.

Yeah, my neighbors are loud as shit when I want to sleep. I'd be glad to have neighbors who follow a normal sleep schedule.

Flanders has nice stuff I can borrow or keep. he'll lend money I don't have to pay back, and I get a 10% discount at the Leftorium.

I lived next to some crazy baptists as a kid who would publicly condemn my parents for letting us go trick or treating and play videogames.

This guy has the right idea.

Yeah, he's a naive idiot who thinks the best of a man who is willing to steal his stuff essentially. The downside is it means he'll bother you all the time about the stuff ya borrowed or think that this means your best friends.

Ned's not really a naive idiot. He knows that people take advantage of him. He wants to believe in the best of everyone because he wants to keep believing the world is fair. And if it's not as fair as he'd like it to be, that's where he's willing to lend a hand.

But that's also his biggest problem. Not setting up proper boundaries makes him a ticking time bomb. The best possible version of Ned is one who's generous and tolerant but also working in his own positive self-interest.

And Flanders would help you out if you needed it.

He is the origin of the term "flanderized"

Yes, i mean it's naive to think the best of the world & it's utterly proven to him when even when the town TRIES their hardest to rebuild his house, they do a shit job because they're idiots & he goes on a mad tirade.

Your ideal Ned is the best Ned to get, but then again, that's also just an ideal neighbor in general, which is what he could be...but isn't. My point remains, he's a HORRIBLE parent.

Definitely.

dude with pool table and draught beer and in his basement

fuck yeah

Not me

Everyone who counts loves Ned Flanders.

flanders was in my top 3 favourite characters in the early seasons. It's such a shamed they ruined him.

Would he be rude if he had a gay neighbor?

Sure why not
I never talk to my neighbours anyway

Modern flanders would do that since he became a strawman.

This. Why did they make him southern? I thought he was a "don'tcha know" Wisconsin type.

Sure, ned flanders is a nice guy.

Yes
Last night my stupid neighbors had a fight and she didn't let him in so he kept ringing the doorbell

Absolutely, would be nice to have a neighbor who doesn't live in your backyard.

Probably not. I prefer neighbours that I can enitrely ignore the existence of, and Ned is too chummy and invasive for that.

Good guy though.

Yes

Praise Jesus

No. I don't like neighbors that talk too much. Unless it's a chill day like July 4 and everybodies hangin out outside.

Because modern simpsons is basically democrat propaganda at this point.

I'd prefer Dinkleberg, someone who would go out of his way to play the part of a supervillain just to keep his neighbor happy

Better him than niggers desu.

Pre-Zombie Simpsons? Of course, he's an amazing neighbor, who can say no to this?

>He'll toss morals aside if the Bible says otherwise
A lot of Christians do that. I wouldn't say they are comparable to ISIS. Sure, the mentality is there, but the Bible has no concept of Jihad or promotes theocratic governments like the Quran does.

Early Flanders or recent religious caricature Flanders?