Things you wished would happen

>When I was a kid, I was really hoping for Detective Yin to become Batgirl or Batwoman or something.

I still liked the show, but The Batman lost a lot of its dark tone and trademark atmosphere when she was written off. At least Barbara was funny.

Why was she written off anyway?

I wish DAVE was a breakout character of the show, to go on to comics.

She was cool, I liked her

Maybe she could have been Huntress or Manhunter

Redundant with Gordon.

They were bringing in Batgirl

Can't have too many girls in a boy cartoon

I don't think there was any reason given, it's just that they just introduced Gordon and Barbara in her final episode so I assume it's because they axed her and Rojas.

IRL, her VA probably quit, or got fired, or died, or something.

Shit yeah, Dave was cool. Maybe come back in a more humanoid body ala Ultron

Her VA was Ming Na Wen. She's still working

Personally I was just kind of hoping her new partner was going to be Detective Jim Gordon, after her first one became Clayface.

Ah well then.

Don't remind me, the girls of LOS got shafted because of this mindset. Are executives or whoever makees these decisions so out of touch?

At least Ethan got to stay on and play a stronger role. Yin just kind of got the boot for no raisin.

Out of touch with what? They were right, not every "boy" who watches cartoon is a CN faggot.

To be fair this was early 00s

We've had more girls in later cartoons like Young Justice and Teen Titans Go and Justice League Action. So those execs have probably been long replaced

Fuck that, DAVE look fine as is. The only change I would give him, is being a amalgamation of countless inmates across the globe, not just the wackos over at Arkham. A mastermind who commits crimes, though doesnt know why, or even knows who he is

I really liked this show, it started off mediocre but unlike most cartoons its quality increased consistently every season as the staff found their footing and became more confidant.

while i disliked Jokers visual design everything else about his was great.

Did they ever bring her into the non-tie in comics?

>A mastermind who commits crimes, thought doesn't know why, or even knows who he is

You know what? That's fine. I felt the answer to "why do you commit crimes" being "because I fucking want to and I'm good at it" is reason enough.

Kind of gives him a Red X feel.

Its another flavor of insane machine that Ultron brings.
>Why are you doing this?
>Because I'm good at it
>Yeah but, why?
>I....dont know...

Cape cartoons are literal toy commercials. They need money from toy companies to help pay for the costs of making the show (outside of rare exceptions like Teen Titans, where the network funds it). Female characters are annoying for toy companies, because they have to waste money on a new mold that will probably be either shortpacked or a shelfwarmer. The alternative is making female-targeted merchandise for a show primarily watched by boys, which is stupid from a marketing point of view.

If only there was some way to create a work that can appeal to both sexes!

Name a cartoon other than Transformers that's had a decent toyline in the past 5 years

Sad, but true

How can she be so muscular?

Doesn't she eventually become commissioner, according to "Artifacts"?

>but The Batman lost a lot of its dark tone and trademark atmosphere when she was written off.

Not really. The addition of the sidekicks and the new theme song may fool you, but the stories got darker in the fourth season. People dying, some villains becoming worse, a bad end future, etc.

Yes, but the addition of two wise cracking sidekicks along with a paradoxically upbeat soundtrack and Batman being all loved by the police now, just kind of took away what I liked about it.

It was still good, but the left turn irked kid me.

I'm surprised that Red X has never been brought over into the comics. He seems like he could be a good foil for Robin, Nightwing or Red Hood.

>'The Batman'
>When I was a kid,
ha underage b-
>2004- 2008