Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates Pt. 2

I decided to just call this thread the Ultimates. The stories "Secret" and the first two issues of The Ultimates are available here.

Other urls found in this thread:

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?659-Ultimate-Marvel-General&p=516500&viewfull=1#post516500
desuarchive.org/co/thread/83141176/
imgur.com/a/zxFc0
youtube.com/watch?v=MPKmkv4K8mU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Bumping

Bump'

This

So sorry for being late. Talking with my nana

oh op, could you do me a favor and post download links to hickman's ultimate universe stuff? it would be much appreciated.

I'll try my best but can't make any promises as to when it will be (it will have to come after the SPider Epic)

Rfuck. I wish they let these guys use the ultimate end universe.

Has anyone here every storytimed the entire Ultimate Universe from start to finish?

New universe vibes.

No.

You would have to start at first then end at secret wars 1.

Ultimate end is variant where galactus never went to their earth, so caps alive and jessica didn't change her costume.

How does this reading order look?
community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?659-Ultimate-Marvel-General&p=516500&viewfull=1#post516500

Yes Ultimate user did it last year.

Poot.

Also does anyone else feel like Hickman's writing is signficantly more geared towards the Ultimate Universe rather than 616

desuarchive.org/co/thread/83141176/ Yes i found Hickman ultimate comics better than his 616 avengers.

Yeah.

Hickman stressed he wanted to use the characters again.

I miss Ultimate Thor

If he had finished this, this story would have ranked up there with Millar's Ultimates.

>If he had finished this, this story would have ranked up there with Millar's Ultimates.
Favok run was decent. Humpries not so much.

Many ways to bring him back.

Despise Unpopular opinions Ultimate cap was my favorite AU incarnation.

Sames.

Also Ultimate Tony.

Ultimate tony funny and nicer.

Still think post sw, they used their charaziations for prime earth versions. Caps a hard ass, Tonys nice and stable, Thor seems down to earth and humble.

How did you feel about Tony bribing him to start talking in a modern dialect? I thought it was hilarious.

Fialkov was fun and felt distinctly like a story that could only have been told in the Ultimate Universe. Humphries was a mixed bag. I think he had a solid foundation for a story but didn't have enough time to fully learn the characters.

I agree. This story reminded me why I loved the Ultimate Universe so much. Batshit insane concepts that would never fly in 616.
>Red Skull is Cap's Son
>The First Hulk (Mr. Cash)
>Murdering Spider-Man
>The Sinister Six storming the White House and duking it out with The Ultimates
>Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine (the entire story was bizarre).
>Ultimate Cap. Some people just say he's an asshole, I'd say he gets better throughout the Ultimate Universe (except for the Ultimate Captain America series -- he regressed in that one).

>Fialkov was fun and felt distinctly like a story that could only have been told in the Ultimate Universe.
Ultimate Sue as Kang was fun

NOt an unpopular opinion at all. Ultimate Cap is a far more polarizing and subsequently interesting character.

Ultimate Tony is my favorite version of Tony. Period. There was a moment in the first Ultimates volume when someone asks him if he's been drinking an he responds with something along the lines of, "of course I am. Do you think any sane individual would climb into this thing sober?" Might as well just make a list while I'm at it.

>Ultimate Characters Superior to their 616 Counterpart
Ultimate Captain America
Ultimate Iron Man.
Ultimate Spider-Man
Ultimate Carnage
Ultimate Hulk (his iteration in Ultimate hulk vs. wolverine)
Ultimate Ice Man
Ultimate Norman Osborn (I love both Osborns, but this iteration knows Peter's identity leading to more dynamic interactions between the two.
Ultimate Spider-Woman
Ultimate Carol Danvers
--If I can think of more I'll add. Also I would love to here your thoughts on the matter.

Never in a million years would I have seen that coming.

>>Ultimate Characters Superior to their 616 Counterpart
Ultimate Rick Jones.

>>>Ultimate Characters Superior to their 616 Counterpart
>Ultimate Captain America
Disagree hard.
>Ultimate Norman Osborn (I love both Osborns, but this iteration knows Peter's identity leading to more dynamic interactions between the two.
Norman almost ALWAYS knows Peter's identity in 616. Only since OMD has that not been the case.

>>Never in a million years would I have seen that coming.
A pretty good twist.

OH SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT HIM! Did anything of come of it or was that just another wasted plot by Bendis?
>Other wasted plot, nothing ever came out of having the Scorpion in stasis.

I not going to say it's wasn't a difficult decision. 616 Stormin Norman is probably one of my favorite characters of all time (A Death in the Family is my favorite Spidey story). But something about the Ultimate Version feels so much more intimately connected to Spider-Man

>>Ultimate Captain America
>Disagree hard.
I completely understand and respect your opinion. He definitely isn't for everyone, but I enjoy him for what he is.

I was so fucking pumped at this reveal. I was worried Bendis had just decimated REeds character in the Doomsday trilogy and then fucked off. So glad to see that Hickman wasn't done with him.

Honestly i bet bendis would had the revived peter to be actually the scorpion clone.

>YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR PURPOSE

Ultimate rookie here.
Why is Reed a piece of shit?
Don't care much about spoilers just curious.

Good page.

It started from Carey's run. You also have to look at everything that happened since he was introduced. Besides being abused by his dad he often made a lot of bad mistakes while trying to help people. It always blew up in his face somehow.

The final straw was actually Sue not wanting to be with anymore. At that point we start to see everyone drift away from him. He had done a few things behind some people's backs also, but I forget what. It may have had something to do with making the cosmic cube for Thanos. Either way things were falling apart for him and once the F4 drifted apart and he went back home I guess he just said eff it and did things his way.

So whats with all these helicarriers and that creepy looking city with all those weird people that fury just tried to destroy?

>The final straw was actually Sue not wanting to be with anymore

Whoa now. Let's not go romanticizing the past here. I believe the quote she used was "A sailor in every port" she used to describe what she was looking for.

>I believe the quote she used was "A sailor in every port" she used to describe what she was looking for.
Pretty much this. imgur.com/a/zxFc0

Before Her Black widow redesign

Ug. Don't remind me. Also do we ever find out if Johnny ever actually made out with Spider-Woman or if he was just talkign himself up?

>Ug. Don't remind me.
Awful.>. Also do we ever find out if Johnny ever actually made out with Spider-Woman or if he was just talkign himself up?
Not sure.

NOPE.

Ultimate Waifu

Waifu List

>Ultimate Universe
Spider-Woman (you got taste).

>Marvel Universe
She Hulk

>DC
Wonder Woman or Peej.

>Real Life
Salma Hayek