Malaise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0tGd_9Tahzw
youtube.com/watch?v=OQFLmFaduak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

watching the ep a second time, I think Greg Baldwin got better as Aku

It's more like M A L A I S E

sounds like some sort of instrument to me

He's certainly got the "I'm so fucking done with this shit" Aku nailed. I just want to know if he can handle the actually menacing Aku lines.

the beige malaise can last for days

I agree. I actually thought he was gonna get serious and menacing when he ghosted the Scotsman

...although I don't see the point comparing the two. Obviously they couldn't resurrect a VA for him, so why ruin an experience by expecting a perfect match?

Post the worst thing Aku has done... plot twist: I already won

Same here. I was expecting him to go full evil overlord/cosmic horror on the rebel army, or at least against the Scotsman, and instead he just sort of casually slaughtered them. Hell, after his first attack, he just sort of groaned in exasperation/boredom, like "It's not even fun anymore."

And then there's this . That's just anti-climactic.

It was actually a great performance, I bought every second of it

He scored the winning lacrosse... point!

Malaaaaaaaaiiiiisssssse

Yeah, It's a considerable improvement from the second episode. The "I'm sorry, old man, I think you are lost"line might as well have been Mako. It was well delivered.

What are some action heavy episodes featuring aku's transformations?

Season 1 episode 7

The blind archers? That had aku?

No no no, it's MEELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIISSSSSSSE.

Off the top of my head, Jack and the Zombies, and The Birth of Evil II. Both are from season three, I think.

So are they setting up Aku finding out about jack missing his sword then finally getting out of his depression?

Some user on here said it best: if you think strictly in terms of him as playing Aku instead of Mako's replacement, he does a good enough job.

Aku is the only character I enjoy watching in the first seaons

Is there a list of all Aku episodes?

woops I meant episode 9, the underwater one with the Aktopus

Did somebody call?

Jack and the zambinos

The one where Aku pretended to be Yoda

Okay, I laughed

I'm really trying to like this voice and I just can't. Every scene with Aku is painful to me. He has more in common with an elderly Jewish man than Mako's original take on the character.
Still love the show, but this brings it down a bit for me. I know I'm going to loath the inevitable episode focusing on Aku himself.

only aku's fairy tales familam

First seasons as 1 to 4

same
can't wait to hear him once Aku goes on the warpath

Which one does he pretend to be yoda?

Jack and the swamp monster.

Genndy said that on the recording for the last episode Mako's daughter and grandson cried when they heard Baldwin's impression. The way he said it makes me think it was because it was good. I hope that's the case. I can't wait to see Aku go apeshit

>Mako's daughter and grandson cried when they heard Baldwin's impression.
Well hopefully they weren't crying because it was so terrible.

I hope so then he goes ape shit trying to find him self. then by the time he actually finds jack hes got the sword back and just gets his ass wrecked

Greg Baldwin said in an interview that Mako's daughter actually hugged him afterwards, so I think it's probably safe to say they were happy with his performance

nothing is worse than what he did to X9. Except maybe Ikra

EXTRA M A L A I S E

Nah. In both cases Aku tantalizes his victim with false hope. With Jack he gave false hope of having a lover, and with X9 his dog. The thing is, Ikra's entire existence is a lie. Every night spent talking by the campfire, every emotional outburst at having to rescue her father, every time they saved each others' life for reasons still not fully understood was a lie. And learning that was terrible for Jack, of course. He was betrayed by Ikra. But there is no such thing as "Ikra".

But X9's relationship with his dog, while likely not as intense or romantic as Jack and Ikra's was or was leading up to be, was real. There were no hidden motives or betrayal or lies between them, and that alone makes X9's loss worse than Jack's, because X9 had lost a lifelong companion while ultimately all Jack had lost was a lie. Lulu was not Aku shapeshifting, Lulu was not a robot, Lulu was not a facade of any kind. Lulu was Lulu sweet thing.

Are we sure it was a hug and not an assassination attempt

I think it might even be Aku being fed up and ready to end his reign over earth, he clearly isn't enjoying it anymore.

At least he could fucking stick to an accent this time.

Back in episode 2, Aku kept wavering between "really bad Japanese imitation" and "Mexican."

Not many people are gonna get that.

>Extra M A L A I S E
>30 minutes or it's free?

Why do you have pictures of Presidential Phone calls, and why did you pick #19?

Google image search, I'm not responsible for it.
Because that was the Jimmy Carter one, apparently.

And here I thought you had a collection of Photos of Presidential Phone Calls and might've had an interesting story to tell.
Aw.

>every time they saved each others' life for reasons still not fully understood
Because it's funny

Also, back then Aku still thought that Jack would eventually just get old and die and let Aku win by default, might as well demotivate him from finding time portals instead of risking yourself trying to kill him.

Autist.

Sounded more like Me-laise

That's a nice way to say he just stopped trying to sound like Mako.

Hm?

What did he mean by this?

I definitely don't, but I want to.

youtube.com/watch?v=0tGd_9Tahzw

Thanks! I feel smarter now.
I'm not, and I know that.
But that's okey with me.

What does Aku smell like?

Sweet, soft, burning poison, and charred cinnamon.

Predictions for next episode?

The worse will come to pass. Aku will never kill Jack. With no sword, and no portals, and no aging, he's going to imprison Jack forever and go full fuckin' yandere for His Samurai.

You mean excluding what we know from the episode synopsis?
>Ashi successfully stops Jack's attempt at suicide and encourages him to push forward
>Both walk into the distance
>Samurai... I have a question.
>Yes?
>What is your name? It's not really 'Samurai Jack', is it?
>Haha, no. It's actually--
>WATCHA

I have my predictions for the next few episodes
>Ashi finds jack and tries to convince him not to kill himself
>The scotsman himself or one of his daughters find him and help Ashi convice him
>Jack starts to get convinced since the Scotsman has a plan of atack, but Jack has no sword
>Somehow Aku finds out Jack has no sword
>The Army of the Scotsman start looking for the sword at the same time that the army of Aku start looking for it as well, iit becomes a race for who finds the sword first
>Aku goes himself after Jack and eventually finds him, Jack now has to desperately run for his life
>This will be the first time in S5 we actually see a scary Aku
>Jack will end up falling in a pit, and Aku will lose sight of him
>Jack will find the sword
>He will remember all his training and his life as a samurai
>He will now shave and get ready for battle
>We will now see the scene that the intro shows, with jack shirtless holding his sword
>Jack vs Aku, one final battle

Screencap this

it turns out Jack's sword was found almost immediately after he lost it, and this little alien dude has been trying to catch up with him for the past fifty years, always one step behind because Jack never stays in one place long enough

Ashi might be close to screwing Jack over but decide it wouldn't be right if that storyboard was anything to go by.

youtube.com/watch?v=OQFLmFaduak

Why does Jack even bother wearing clothes anymore