This is unironiclly Ford's best performance and role in his entire career

This is unironiclly Ford's best performance and role in his entire career.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KBCRPugdmA
youtube.com/watch?v=2t1z-gRiNm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have to watch more movies that he is in, then I'll get back to you. How I did enjoy this movie a lot.

>*However
Fuck

no this

youtube.com/watch?v=0KBCRPugdmA

Yet Rutger acted circles around him. Its like Dicaprio getting a memeoscar for a movie where Tom Hardy schooled him

He gave a much better performance in 2049

And?

And your mom's a whore.

>Regarding Henry apparently doesn't exist

Fucking kill yourself.

You and about 6 other people ever saw and cared about that movie.

That's not Witness

So was he a replicant?

>I didn't see it so it's shit
>Unironically THAT GUN is best movie bro!

Fucking christ.

That's not The Temple of Doom user

depends what you mean by "best".
It's more nuanced than, say, Han Solo, but in inhabiting the character of Han Solo, he became a legend.

who else here was really surprised that he made it out of 2049 alive

In my heart no, but according to Ridley Scott he is. What did you think of 2049?

more like his i don't give two fucks personality fit the character perfectly.

No but he was a replicunt ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

But he was awful.

No that's retarded

I agree! But Ridley Scott fucked us and said he is in fact a replicant.

Mosquito Coast was his best performance

quite disappointed that there isn’t a version of this with a cup of coffee aka joe present

One of the best films I've ever seen, and although Denis said it's meant to be "ambiguous" whether or not he's a replicant in 2049, I think it's impossible to escape the conclusion that he is, there are just too many hints

I agree, definitely my favorite movie currently. I love the movie as a whole but there was some scenes that gave me more chills than usual. Pic related.

if deckard is a human though, that opens up the question of what exactly ana stelline is. how do you manage being half replicant, half human?

>Haven't seen 2049 yet
>Hover over the spoilers anyway

Do people really care that much that he is? I never had an issue with it, but I only ever saw the Final Cut.

The Fugitive is pretty great

Huge parts of the final cut (and the original too, but to a lesser extent) don't actually make sense if he's a human, but plebs can't admit this.

Basically:
Uberpleb:
>HE'S A REPLICANT BECUZ THATS SO COOL xD

Pleb:
>No, that's fucking stupid. He HAS to be human because it ruins his arc if he isn't.

Patrician:
>Deckard is a replicant, it's impossible to escape this conclusion because of the huge number of hints suggesting that he is (pictures in his apartment + the emphasis the script puts on replicants having false memories, the way everyone treats him, Gaff making absolutely no fucking sense as a character otherwise, and the unicorn sequence which is irrefutable proof). Also, it not only doesn't ruin his arc but enriches it greatly, because if there's one thing the audience should have realised by now, replicants are literally just humans with genetic enhancements.
Deckard is a replicant.

Yeah everything screamed that he was to me, and I never saw why that was a problem.

If I had to guess, he's a replicant with the memories of a retired/dead legendary Bladerunner.

I don't see what him being human really offers that's so great over the very clear replicant conclusion.

Because if Deckard isn't human, it undermines the entire point of the movie. The replicants are supposed to be unfeeling, yet they frequently show more human emotions than than the human protagonist. Nobody involved in the production except for Ridley Scott ever once considered the possibility of Deckard being a replicant, because the entire soul of the movie is about the very small differences between humans and replicants. The ending of the movie is Roy Baty, an artificial human, teaching a real human more about humanity than he knows. That's the whole fucking point of the 'tears in rain' speech.

see this
youtube.com/watch?v=2t1z-gRiNm0
It was the last movie Ford made where he challenged himself as an actor. Since then he's been coasting.

Hardly, this movie is visually amazing but the acting and story are cardboard.

>the entire soul of the movie is about the very small differences between humans and replicants
Exactly, so why does it matter if he's a replicant? Your point is self-defeating. Again, there is so much circumstantial evidence that he is (ESPECIALLY in the final cut) that claiming he's "human" at this point is delusional, but at the same time it barely even matters, because there's so little real difference between human/replicant.

As for your claim about Ridley being the only one that wanted him as a replicant, that's not true. During the initial writing of the script, there was actually confusion among the writers as to whether or not he was human/replicant because they couldn't decide, so they chose to leave in hints that he was, but the unicorn sequence, as any reasonable person would admit, removes the ambiguity.

Also, afaik that sequence was meant to be there for the initial release and the studio forced Ridley to take it out, so even if you ignore that, it leaves a lot of mixed messages in the film about what exactly he is. If you prefer it that way, so be it, but the case is closed as far I'm concerned.

The acting is great, the only part that sticks out for me is "enhance, zoom in, enhance, alright now zoom".

Plot is fine.

And if Deckard is a replicant you have to ask who else is a replicant. The whole thing could be a scenario arranged by someone higher up and Gaff is overseeing it.

He was better in Witness.

What is
>frantic
>the mosquito coast
If you haven't seen his entire filmography, you can't make such baseless claims.

>There will never be a Roy Batty prequel about his wacky adventures in space

Soldier is as close as we're getting.

all of the evidence points to him being a replicant.
1 the unicorn origami and deckard's reverie
2 luv's henchmen wearing respirators in vegas but the replicants don't need them
3 freysa refers to deckard in her speech about sacrifice, which makes no sense if he's human
4 the most important clue is that wallace wants replicants to reproduce in order to populate trillions of planets. this is a very clear allusion to von neumann machines, and makes absolutely no sense if humans are needed in the process.
the story makes absolutely no sense if deckard is human.

Go see it then nerd.