Regular Reminder that the so called "television and film" board can't even work out how to defeat the Thing

Regular Reminder that the so called "television and film" board can't even work out how to defeat the Thing.

t. brainlet

Kill it by becoming a thing and cutting that things head off

Give it aids

How would you fuck it? It looks repulsive.

150+ IQ Alpha-autist here;

What boundary and/or conditional parameters am I given, and what circumstances do I find myself in whilst tasked with the cellular death of "The Thing".

Why can't I just make some sort of neutron gun?

You don't need to fuck it, just put a grenade on an aids infected person then detonate it near the Thing. The person's aids meat will serve as shrapnel that will enter the Thing's bloodstream, infecting it with aids.

I think for the purposes of this thought experiment we have to be researching in Scandinavia just like in the film.

just freeze it and send it to the mainland guys

That’s a cute cat.

*Antarctica

What is a nuke?

Fug.

I got confused because the film opens with Scandinavian researchers.

This desu

I wonder, would it be possible to force the Thing to speak and try to reason with it? Like, with the Kennel-Thing or the Bennings-Thing, they had it surrounded and it had no way to go, so point a flamethrower and demand it to calm the fuck down and start talking with us.

Nope

You're a nazi, soo shut up

Why would you? You can't trust whatever it says, and it will inevitably attack you. It could very well start lying about infecting others, sewing more doubt in your group, or simply break apart and part of it runs off.

Lmao wut

Expose it to refined and concentrated third wave feminism. It'll disintegrate itself.
2ez.

You need to cut it up and sent samples to every major population center for research purposes

That would spread the Thing more likely

Why wouldn't burning it work?

Yes :)

Literally nukes. If a flamethrower can kill most if it, a nuclear bomb would surely eliminate it at such a level that it could never ever come back.

Put it in a carbon steel box with concrete for weight , seal it shut, and throw it in the ocean

for an intellectual you sure like to use a lot of words. intelligence is in using fewer words, not more. sesquipedalian loquaciousness doesn't make you intelligent.

Run it in an election against Hillary Clinton so the media can nag it to death after it wins.

napalm

Succicint uses fewer
Intelligence is knowing what they mean newfag
Not samefag

it was shakespeare that said dumb people use more words to sound smart. you'd know that if you were well read.

You can't even capitalize or punctuate properly.

The best choice is to cut the Thing, freeze the pieces and spread around the world

If we assume that the Thing can't operate any kind of advanced machinery without absorbing a human - relocate people to a different planet, the Thing is now stuck on Earth forever.

I have the thing from IT Follows sleep with Thing they can deal with it or we could have someone sacrifice themselves to the thing after having sex then we can see if IT follows after the body snatch

here's how to defeat it

you buy Collative Learning videos