Okay, can we all agree that the suicide lightspeed attack was probably the best part of this movie?

Okay, can we all agree that the suicide lightspeed attack was probably the best part of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperspace
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

absolutly not

I can concede that it was the only visually compelling/interesting shot, yes.

Why did she wait until all but 4 of the escape pods had been destroyed to do it? Why not just do it as soon as the cannons started focusing on them? A good % of the rebellion died while she just chilled looking out the window.

Proper Kino

literally discount Mon Mothma

>this is a famed military admiral in nu-Star Wars

Luke's astral projection was kino of the highest order

it was the only really stand out moment for me.

>FTL Artillery
See this is where you can tell the people who are writing the new movies don't understand the old ones.
Star Wars was made to be a medieval fairy tale World War 2 samurai Flash Gordon western.

Everyone who spends a while critically analyzing Star Wars can see the Death Star is a big impractical liability, but the Evil Lord has to have a big impenetrable castle. Everyone can work out that X-Wings and TIE Fighters should be piloted by Droids instead of being repaired by them, and everyone can see that there's no point in having a fleet or a Death Star or performing the trench run when you can just kamikaze a medium-sized freighter into a planet or a base at lightspeed.

The point is that you shouldn't be critically analyzing the technical accuracy of the film, you should be watching breathlessly to see whether or not the farm boy's friends can help him survive the dark lord samurai German fighter ace on his tail.

Disney's dumbass writers bringing modern military sense into a film series where we had trench warfare in the age of robots and space battleships think they're being clever but they're actually shattering the illusion, because the second you start thinking in those terms you realize that none of it makes sense anyway and you start thinking of your movie in terms of a documentary like a fucking retard

it doesn't fucking make sense. it just created plot holes for every other previous star wars movie.

if you can just allahu akbar a fucking imperial ship, why didn't they just do it every single time the need arose?
why bother maneuver around the tight crevices of the death star in IV? why not just fucking kamikaze the fucking weak point and be done with it?

and how the fuck did that work anyway? don't ships that go into lightspeed enter hyperspace? if so, then how the fuck did laura dern do any damage in normal space? just no. fuck this GODDAMN MOVIE

but the scene looked pretty

So did she destroy snookie's fleet with a lightspeed attack? That sounds almost as stupid as Han having faster than light reflexes in TFA

>lol, it was always my plan to wait until the last second then deploy the escape pods cuz the giant ship with force sensitive people wont notice all the ships leaving it lol

Why can't you all just admit that you want to fuck her.

In terms of visuals it was quite striking

Visually yes but logic wise this creates a lot of fucking holes. But hey, 'it looks cool' is enough for that Transformers crowd.

that whole thing was fucking garbage. he died for no reason, his whole character was poorly written enough to ruin his legacy from the OT

Lmao no a fucking strong independent purple hair woman takes down the supremacy, if you can’t see how shit this absolute pandering is you are a fucking retard.

Having never really cared about Stah Wahs lore or story, I will say, that is pretty fuggin dank looking.

Yes and no
I mean it looked stunning but i just simply didnt give a shit about her character, it should have been somebody else we actually cared about.
All in all a missed opportunity and sums the movie up as a whole

fuck u u fucking misogynist pig

Hodo could have taken the mantle from Leia but the writers blew it by letting the character with the dead actress stay alive for the next movie

It was retarded, and wasn't even part of the plan. First Order only found out about the evacuation plans from the Codebreaker.
This means she stayed on the ship for no good reason. She wasn't going to give them time by distracting them. She didn't even engaged them as they were escaping. She only reacted once the transports where under attack because they were discovered, but she was just waiting to die for no reason.

There was no rational reason for her to stay on the cruiser, but she did because the plot demanded it so that she can lightspeed ackbar later on.
This is fucking stupid.

He ascended you pleb. Like Obi-Wan did in Episode IV

1000% this
star wars isn't sci-fi. Even the prequels knew that

So they just hit one ship with light speed and the rubble instantly destroyed the entire fleet? How does that make any sense

ascended my fucking ass. luke died as a hobo, buying time for race mixing niggers to escape. yeah what a great fucking send off for the main original trilogy hero.

those funny birds are

>Rumble going nearly, if not, at the speed of light
>Not obliterating anything on its way

Laura dern didn't age so well, she was really smoking hot once upon a time.

This. The Death Star could destroy a planet in Star Wars, but the Relativistic Gun destroys Star Wars itself.

you could probably argue with physics that hitting something at light speed, i'm pretty sure the force of your momentum approaches infinity? so the tiniest piece of rubble would be propelled at light speed as well, destroying everything in its path

besides the point that is a pretty cool looking shot. so i guess the movie has ONE good scene in it.

ah fuck you nailed it. you're write. i shouldn't be taking all this shit so seriously bUT THEY FORCED ME TO WITH THEIR SHITTY WRITING.

It felt very odd that they did the whole fakeout thing where he wasn't actually there after directly referencing Obi-Wan's ascension moment and then have him die and ascend, but just back at the Jedi Temple. What purpose did that serve? If he was going to die why not let Kylo Ren have the final shot and at least directly link Obi-Wan ascending after his failed apprentice who turned to the Dark Side "kills" him and Luke ascending after his failed apprentice who turned to the Dark Side "kills" him?

Should have fucking kept Luke alive after the fakeout and have Luke be an actual hopeful badass in Episode 9.

why can only one ship of the first order ever be engaged in a fight?
They always had like 5 Stardestroyer but only one was in a fight

When this happens the sound goes silent. someone, ALWAYS says something. In my last viewing a fat nerd said "Well, that will do it!" and everyone lol'd.

Don't they have a bunch of ships going into hyperspace get destroyed when they hit vaders star destroyer with negligible damage to it in Rogue One?

>Fucking someone with dyed hair
Good way to wake up to a rape accusation

Why does the ship have no autopilot tho

If they were going to fuck over the stategical paradigm of the entire series they should have had Ackbar do it.

Yoda burning the books was the best part

they will probably start episode 9 with a force ghost luke skywalker done completely in CGI because mark hamil wants nothing to do with disney anymore

I was waiting for someone too but surprisingly no one did.

Why can't these movies look this great while also being good in other aspects like storytelling and characters

>should have kept luke alive and be a badass in ep 9

yep. he could have died for a way better purpose. at least give the character the proper send-off he deserves.

but these disney writers are fucking HACKS who think theyre so fucking smart with their astral projection bullshit fuckery

Yes, Vader's ship also comes out of hyperspace. Obviously the writers of TLJ are incompetent hacks who know nothing of the physics of star wars and the power of shields.

>Why did she wait until all but 4 of the escape pods had been destroyed to do it? Why not just do it as soon as the cannons started focusing on them? A good % of the rebellion died while she just chilled looking out the window.
Too many rebels. We need to get back to a rag tag group of x wings taking on the Empire

These are battleships that regularly travel like a million times the speed of light without issues, do they not have any kind of shielding? All they need now is one automated kamikaze ship to destroy an entire fleet, there goes all space battles

The books weren't burned

Why wouldn't they do that in every battle?

it was funny but again, it created fucking holes in the entire canon.

so force ghosts can physically affect the natural world now? call out lightning or fire or whatfuckingever?

then why not just help every single fucking time then? do force ghosts only have the power to set shit on fire when theyre trying to be an asshole?

yeah i guess. maybe no one ever considered it before.

>why would they destroy a massive leader ship and burn countless resources every battle
well gee...

they were struck by lightning, incinerating them

>silence
>guy in seat in front of me utters "what the fuck?"
>*distant, muffled chuckling further down the aisle*
>everyone else is dead silent

About sums it up.

Before Luke faded away I thought the Astral Projection was a pretty neat way to show off Luke's power without him just fucking soloing 10 walkers and Kylo Ren at the same time which would bring up the question if Luke can just dunk an entire battalion by himself why didn't he.

It flashing back to the Jedi Temple where Luke is meditating was pretty hype, shows him super powerful but not in a combat-focused way instead showing him as more enlightened and just more knowledgeable in the Force than Kylo Ren is, despite his power. But then he died anyway which just felt fucking weird.

>Okay, can we all agree that the suicide lightspeed attack was probably the best part of this movie?

Why the nigger fuck didn't they use this tactic before to just take out both Death Stars.....

The books are in a drawer in the Falcon.

Yoda destroyed the tree cause who fucking cares the books weren't there.

How badly did the rebels fuck up? They went from overthrowing the empire to being a 400 man resistance to a new empire

Just strap the engines to an asteroid

The thing in this scene on RO is that Vader's ship is just coming out of hyperspace space, breaking if you will, it's not going full lightspeed

Nope. Rey had them in the MF at the end. you can see them. yoda hinted at it with clever wording.

Yep/

just a little

Doesn't matter, its shields are strong eno6ygh to destroy weaker ships.

that was Luke's masturbation palace.

>then why not just help every single fucking time then?
Ask the LoTR eagles

this is not a star wars character

The only Kino moment of the film was when Luke went onboard the falcon, sat down at the chess table and saw the hologram of Leia. The way that Mark Hamill played it really made Luke feel like Luke again, and i really expected him to find himself and go help Leia, just as Mark always wanted.
Shame that the scene was only there for nostalgia effect.

in SW hyperspace is a different dimension that doesn't affect the real one

should be reposted in any star wars thread that deals with any sort of analysis.

the scene does look cool. but something looking cool for 10 seconds doesn't make a movie. it was a visual that they spent half the script writing around setting up. why fucking bother

>purple hair
>star wars

get this anti-white tmblr fanfiction out of here

yeah so how the fuck did laura dern kamikaze the snoke's ship then?????

The ship that hits the star destroyer was clearly not going to hyperspace when it got hit. It was about to.

Such an iconic character, I will surely remember her fondly 20 years from now. What a classic

This is exactly what should have happened, her ship should have blown up with the Supremacy unharmed or if the gap was long enough the ship should have escaped.

that user just made those words up. hyperspace is just space experienced at light speed. she turned into a light speed bullet. There's nothing wrong with that plot.

The ones already IN hyperspace are intersecting with its path if the fucking goddamn nonsensical suicide attack is canon you stupid fucking nigger.

In some ways, sure, but that's not saying a lot.

This would have been a great scene in a different sci-fi universe, because the principle is interesting and the results are visually quite good. I could see this working in a darker sci-fi world, where railguns and similar kinetic weapons are used, but not in Star Wars, which is all about laser battles and not ramming into things.

The problems start to arise once you think of the scene as connected to the rest of the Star Wars universe, where lightspeed drives are cheap and affordable, and the empire and rebels are both fairly ruthless and willing to fight dirty. The amount of damage a small ship doing this kamikaze trick could do would render the Death Star pointless. This is a planet-killing level of power. Accelerating several hundred tons of metal into just about anything at lightspeed will annihilate it.

It even contradicts the previous canon, which was that things traveling at lightspeed do not interact with objects moving at normal speed. Worse, it invalidates large portions of the previous movies. That Hammerhead Corvette from Rogue One was actually a fairly nifty idea I could see a scrappy rebel force using. Too bad it would have been way more effective to just ram that corvette into the cruisers at light speed. Or how about those death stars? Just take an X-Wing into one of them at lightspeed. Kaboom, problem solved.

There's also no emotional involvement in the character who died. Oh no, generic tumblr hair lady died! How sad! If you're going to do this scene despite the nonsensical nature of it occurring in the Star Wars universe, at least use a fan favorite character like Ackbar, who died just a little bit before this in a pointless and unnecessary way, or use Leia, so episode 9 will just be about new trio, rather than the old. Also, since Fischer is dead, that's a nice out. Also also, it avoids that massively goddamn stupid Super-Leia scene.

100% this

>then why not just help every single fucking time then?
I think because it spreads debris all over the star system (or even star systems) making it virtually impossible to use hyperspace in that area.

I vaguely recall reading something about that in the novels years ago.

Because the writers of TLJ are incompetent hacks without the slightest background knowledge of their material

In Grace's Beyond the Trailer review she said "In my theater, a woman said out loud "fuck you" when the ship light speed crashed into snokes ship, everyone cheered, Thank You Kathleen Kennedy!"

This whole movie is a fucking anime.

force ghosts spread debris?

BASED. FUCKING. EDWARDS.

nah. what he said was basically how it works in SW universe.

>Hyperspace was an alternate dimension that could only be reached by traveling at or faster than the speed of light. Hyperdrives enabled starships to travel through hyperspace lanes across great distances, enabling travel and exploration throughout the galaxy.

That's pretty great but I'm a sucker for light rays.

>The ones already IN hyperspace are intersecting with its path if the fucking goddamn nonsensical suicide attack is canon you stupid fucking nigger.
If you watch it again you'll see the rebel ships missed the star destroyer by less than a second.

that's not canon, it's fanfiction

idiot, it is specifically mentioned in the old trilogy novelizations, a.k.a. canon, that hyperspace is another dimension where and I quote your ship turns into a shadow that cannot interact with the real world"

LITERALLY kill yourself

Lets see what the encyclopedia says

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperspace

>Hyperspace was an alternate dimension that could only be reached by traveling at or faster than the speed of light.

kys stupid nigger

My theater was mostly just "oh damn" and "whoa"

It was.

In my case it was "Ale urwał" which is a polish meme

How did the republic go from crushing the empire to being in a terrible position anyways?

>force ghosts spread debris?
Fuck. Misread your post. disregard.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS YOU SUBHUMAN PIECE OF SHIT EITHER THINGS IN HYPERSPACE DON'T GET IN THE WAY OF THINGS THAT AREN'T OR THE LAST JEDI IS A COMPLETELY NONSENSICAL FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. FUCK YOU.

I just came home from a screening and there was not one single person talking or crumpling their shit. Dead silence. It was glorious.

can someone please provide a quick synopsis
i really don't care about jew wars

Pretty sure this was the best part of the movie

Didn't they do a lightspeed ship bullet in Clone Wars?