The problem isn't that they killed him off...

The problem isn't that they killed him off, it's how they did it as well as a bunch of other factors that happened around the character and the movie as a whole.

Luke is one of the most powerful jedi if not the most powerful and he is the original hero of the franchise. He is beloved by fans. Not only the character but also the actor who plays him. Immediately they neglected his legendary power and pushed Rey in the foreground who somehow easily bested and surpassed him. They also wrote him so that he considered killing a boy in his sleep.

I'll tell what I would have changed.

During training the power level between Luke and Rey becomes obvious. His skill, power and experience make Rey look like a drunk monkey in comparison.
He actually fights Kylo instead of that silly ghost nonsense. During the fight he easily blocks all of Kylo's strikes without striking back. A bit of distance is created between the two and Luke switches of his weapon, standing there looking at Kylo disappointed and with regret. Kylo's becomes angry and frustrated and tries to force push him hard but only Luke's robes gets pushed making it look like he is standing in strong wind. Luke himself doesn't move a bit. Kylo's frustration and anger highten and he charges him again with his sword. Luke still just stands, his sword still off. Kylo is right in front of him, his swing coming down. Luke slightly lifts his left hand and with the Force Kylo's blade stops a few inches in front of Luke's face and Kylo looks shocked and surprised but just for a second because with lightning speed Luke cuts off the end of Kylo's sword with his own which was still in his other hand. Kylo's sword is now destroyed. They exchange a couple lines that aren't retarded and Kylo flees. Luke lets him.

>1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Luke's death would be that he'd sense a powerful impending attack from a super weapon or capital ship or something. This is where I would use Leia's space flight and give it to Luke. He would be seen levitating and then flying off the planet into space. A powerful beam or laser weapon is threatening to kill them all. They fire but Luke uses the force to stop the beam but it costs him a lot of strength. The beam lasts for 10-15 seconds or so. They charge another shot and he blocks it but he can't keep it up. You see his face contorted as they focus on him but then you see in his face that he made a decision. He flies toward the beam while pushing it back with the little strength he still has. Pushing it further and further back. Now he is at the source of the beam. It envelops him and with his last strength he creates a powerful Force shockwave that like an explosion destroys everything around him. For that he had to stop pushing back the beam for a moment and this kills him. He sacrificed himself. Imagine the "flying up the terraform beam" scene from Man of Steel but as a sacrifice.

>2/2

bump

"What did you expect me to do, show up with a laser sword and take on the entire First Order?"

>Yes,

>he doesn't cut off Kylo's hand

It's like you've never even seen a pot.

Nice blog post nigger

He is no longer the angry young man he was back then. He is experienced, calm and collected. Plus he feels regret toward him. Why mutilate him if he can easily disarm him another way?
He's above that.

I knew the minute luke threw the lightsaber away that something was very wrong with this movie

The projection was cool but it'd be cooler if he survived it so we had more to look forward to next flick

good up until the superman part. He could have used the Xwing from the island to do something heroic

His death scene was just very poorly done.

>Oh man he over-exerted himself and he's going to die
>No wait he's good
>Wait why is he looking to the horizon and suddenly shocked
>Suddenly he's back on the rock in a meditation pose and just fades away

Maybe if they didn't have him fall off the rock and that weird shocked face it might have felt better.

>He would be seen levitating and then flying off the planet into space.

Note: Luke died on the way to his planet

>Why mutilate him if he can easily disarm him another way?

Funny choice of words. Anyway, Luke would know that the Force rhymes, and the next stanza is chop your nephew's hand off to continue the next step of the ritualistic training passed down from his own father, Anakin.

Yes it could be too silly like the actual Leia thing in the film but I think in his case it wouldn't be so unexpected or out of place. He is immensly powerful. He can lift spacehips using the force. People know how powerful he is. Why not show his "ascension" to the highest from of force use as a component that plays a major role in his heroic sacrifice? I think it would make for a very cool moment.

I didnt read any damn thing this isnt your goddam personal blog you goddam faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
Poor Luke

Yeah I guess I can see it but it depends on how it's done. It could be epic end emotional or retarded and ridiculous.

The movie was doomed from the start.

You people are retarded. The whole Disney Wars premise fucks up his character. He shouldn't be abandoning his goddamn friends or running away.

I kind of thought that when Kylo was raping Luke with lasers that he would hold them all there with the force (like Kylo at the start of TFA) and then send them all back. That would've been sick.

Fuck this movie!!!! Nothing more than a vehicle so Disney can tie in and sell merchandise to the drones that think this franchise has ANYTHING to offer in the future. Once they got replaced JarJar with a real nigger and made he "new" hero a woman AND a mudshark I knew the perv hollywood liberal fags were just going to fuck up this series of movies. Fuck them...I'm out!!!

AH HA HA HA HA

the real mistake was giving the disney niggers an opportunity to fuck up starwars

this is why you don't get to make Star Wars movies, you fucking retard

niger you need to spoiler. mods are ass monkeys so i guess it doesn't matter tho

The way he took on Kylo showed he was an experience jedi master and not somw punk. He didn't try to kill Ben, he turn on his saber by instinct.

1000x better than the actual movie

Sounds Good OP, Not bad. That would have been my luke.

I thought that was gonna happen too. No cool things allowed in this movie though.

HEY BEN WANNA SEE MY NEW LIGHTSABER AND DARK JEDI MASK!?

Much better than what we got but there was no need at all to kill off Luke. You can "move the franchise forward" without killing him or even having him as the main character any more. Killing him is just lazy.

Fuck just reading that is so much better than what actually happens in the movie. They fucking raped his character.

>IT'S SO MUCH MORE COMPELLING WHEN THE HERO IS A BITTER OLD HAS-BEEN, RATHER THAN AN INSPIRING EXAMPLE OF HOPE AND THE LIGHT

Literally made me tear up a little. Not only because I really would have liked this but also because of how big they messed up in the film.

>people actually liking flying Luke

He isn't Neo. You are all retarded.

underrated

Snoke - my fucking sides.jpg

>one of the most powerful jedi if not the most powerful
Literally just flails his lightsaber around for a bit and then Vader kills the Emperor

>gets the bad guy killed and doesn't even have to do anything

That's real power. Not the guy who pulls the trigger but the guy who can tell others to pull it.

Is he really this much of a jobber in this film.

I thought Luke's death scene was very tastefully handled. A welcome change of pace from Han's "we're just doing this to shock you" death in TFA. It was built up to naturally and the death itself was beautifully filmed.

>all these mental gymnastics
he's not the most powerful physically and Vader made the decision on his own while Luke was almost dead

Luke clearly manipulated Vader into doing it by yelling "father!"

Worked for BvS.

If by worked you mean didn't work then yes.

LEL

The camera pan up to Luke is an angle you'd expect from a fucking comedy, like it should be accompanied by a laugh track

Vader was drawing on his strength from the Light side. Luke was shit and you're implying his main superpower was guilt lol.

it's like poetry

Still a better effort than what actually happen.

If you do say so yourself. A tip of my hat to you fine sir

I know these threads are filling/dying in minutes, so I just wanted toed to say once: I saw Jedi when I was 11. It was my first movie. All I wanted, in the whole world, was to be Luke Skywalker. I saw a movie today. I no longer have that dream.

I wish you would be like Luke at the end of TLJ

That what I would have done.

Like arrive at the end with his X-Wing(he leaves the planet soon after Rey so time coincide) destroying the cannon.

Then drop off and use some force power to destroy 2 Walkers. At this point Kylo go to face him.

Luke show that he is a lot stronge rin the force owning Kylo in everything.

At the end when defeated kylo say something like "Come on finish me I won't say sorry." Luke turn off his saber kneel in front of Kylo and say "You are wrong. It's me that need to be forgiven."

At this point you have Kylo with his sword stand up in front of a Kneeled Luke. Kylo try to execute Luke, but he disappear in Force ghost style.

Luke understand that Kylo has still some light inside of him and he hopes that if his rage toward his master vanish maybe Kylo could find his way back to light.

End.

This fanfiction is terrible and you need to stick to your day job.

>implying he won't appear as a force ghost and fuck with kylo's head

I just want to see him take out one teeny tiny little World Devastator. Is that really too much to ask?

Screw you, Disney.