Questionable Content Thread #987 - Tranny approves of Robosexuality

In which we see Jeph give the Useless Tranny a purpose that won't anger the tumblrinas.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/12915013
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thank goodness that completely contrived and pointless conflict that came out of nowhere was resolved, I was really worried there might actually be a plot there for a second.

I think she wants them to fug. Does she want them to fug?

I don't. Haven't they seen the educational video?

>Haven't they seen the educational video?
The one with people falling into heavy machinery?

Pretty much.

vimeo.com/12915013

shitposting aside
>I was really worried there might actually be a plot there for a second.
actually this could be a plot. bubbles has to, in the interest of safety, take off the armor.

> you've seen her without armor?
> armor that she wears like clothes?
> you've seen a naked robot
> OH MY GOD I'VE SEEN A NAKED ROBOT

and then there'll be a shitty joke with pintsize being naked saying "now you've seen two naked robots!"

look mom i did a meme and inserted someone unimportant into the strip again

You know this will result in some stupid hijinks with Claire trying to shack up Faye and Bubbles. Which JJ will handle like a firefighter using a wet paper napkin to stop a brushfire.

Haha WHEW thank god that tumultuous emotional crisis was resolved by a deep sudden understanding of individual personality flaws and an apology and promise to do better all within 2 pages, I wouldn't have liked to see what would happen if we ever strayed from THAT particular formula!

>If I see that fucking ginger one more time...

On the one hand, I hate that any conflict in this comic immediately fizzles out at a moment's notice. It would be wrong to call it a bad story because at this point it isn't even a story.

On the other hand, we've seen time and time again that whenever he does write conflict, it makes zero sense, and now that he has made Dora almost a background character, he can't go back to his old deus ex, "Dora was in the right the whole time."

Also, as much as I hate to say it, it is nice to see a piece of media where, instead of reacting to problems like meth addicted adhd tweens, they actually act like adults.

It's just not very compelling for the narrative

fuck u nigga claire remains the most interesting thing this comic has ever had

It's interesting you call her a thing because that's all she is, a prop. Just another box the author checked off in his list of diversity. There were maybe about three comics in the entire run where it looked like he was about to address some issue Claire has as a trans person but then whoops, every single time Claire and everyone around her accept herself/her without question. She's supposedly a graduate student but do we ever see her working or hear about her thesis? No, she's just the cute quirky girl who likes to "ship" her friends. She is not a human, she is not a character. It is not a good comic.

A trans character or minority character doesn't have to deal with some issue specific to their identity to justify being whatever they are.

QC does suck and its characters are bad, but not because Claire doesn't deal with trans shit. Nobody deals with any shit.

>they actually act like adults.
They don't act like the kind of adults they're meant to represent, though. They act like bizarre caricatures of an ideal the artist or his ilk never live up to. There are the kinds of people who declare each other "toxic" and cut them out completely the moment anything takes them out of their comfort zone, remember.

ENOUGH OF THIS WHEN IS FAYE GOING TO FUCK THE ROBOT

>There will never be the level of "WILL HE FUCK THE TRANNY" interest again

That thing built up for fucking years.

Hopefully

Yep, just another forced conflict that was never foreshadowed, had no reason to be introduced, was resolved in a half a dozen pages, and will never be addressed again.

SOON™

claire is cute, I don't care

Claire WAS cute until >she got gauges and a nose ring and tats

he's got to keep Sup Forums talking about it somehow

hate gays

I'd talk about it no matter what, Bubbles is hot

l-lewd

Only Jeph Jacques can make resolving problems like adults be the wrong decision to make.

Why is Faye a lesbian now? Wasn't she fucking that Angus guy who she broke up with then got drunk and got fired?

Maybe she's a robosexual and not particularly a lesbian.

Pretty much all of QC's female characters are bi or gay now. Except the OCD chick maybe?

Because progress!!

OCD Syrian or THICC Blackie Chick is gonna shack up with White Male Jock. Cause Race Mixing!!

Twink "Straight" White Guy implodes Biological Female after Biological Female after Dark Skinned Biological Female for a hacked up gender disorder train wreck that is "perfect" in every way that does no wrong. Cause Catylin Jenner and Tumblr!!

Now we have an ambiguously weighted-neutral girl now fostering a relationship with a Robot. And a female at best!! Jeph is thinking ahead now when we all will start accepting Human/Robot relationships, especially the Roboqueers. Gotta start first or be slow!!

>this thing is still funded

NEVER

EVER

Perfect

At least Bubble's hair has improved. But that's about all the good I can say about this comic

Meh

She is two design elements away from being Garnet

>Canadian Tire
>Mfw I'm reminded this goon lives in my country now

At least he's quarantined to the worst possible province.

Will Bubbles ever find some Sock'em Boppers?

Why did he think the joke would resonate?
How does it even make sense I'm context? They're still in his North England MA generic college town, right?

why don't you cucks make your immigrants live in Nunavut?

I dunno why I'd expect different, but I'm annoyed he didn't even bother to make the bundle look anything like Canadian Tire money.